Results 51 to 75 of 7054

  1. Post
    #51
    Neoptolemus wrote:
    Interesting that they're not using Todd Astle. He's been useful on the last day in the past.
    Truuue, but oh well the game's pretty much over Bond took two quickies. GG otago.

  2. Post
    #52
    Haha think they read your post neo, astle's into the game.

    -e- well actually he's just being slapped :/
    -e2- Otago need 140ish with 2 wickets in hand..

  3. Post
    #53
    Yup, Astle's gone for 5 an over. But two wickets needed a couple of hours to get them. Warren McSkimming knows how to hold a bat, but with Martin and Bond there you'd be backing Canterbury to sniff out a couple of wickets.

  4. Post
    #54
    Warren 'Knows How to Hold A Bat' McSkmming is actually on 70, so it's not like he's a tail ender. They were 249/7 at one point, Canterbury have taken their foot off the throat a bit.

  5. Post
    #55
    Neoptolemus wrote:
    Warren 'Knows How to Hold A Bat' McSkmming is actually on 70, so it's not like he's a tail ender. They were 249/7 at one point, Canterbury have taken their foot off the throat a bit.
    Ahaha you're totally to blame for jinxing that.

    -e- winrar.

  6. Post
    #56
    Haha, mission accomplished. Andrew Ellis gets the vital wicket. 120 odd run win.

  7. Post
    #57
    And results all round today, as Wellington knock over Auckland.

  8. Post
    #58
    So as well as the test we have another round of the Plunkett Shield.

    Canterbury are 232/3 vs Auckland, with Papps falling just after bringing up yet another ton for Canterbury. Johann Myburgh in the runs too, 97* atm. Those two did a nice job, taking us from 51/2 to 232. Harry is now at the crease with Myburgh, so it will be interesting to see if at age 40 he's still up to First Class cricket. Otago are in the runs too, 221/2 with everyone's favourite Black Cap, Neil Broom on 82*. I reckon he's better in the long form than the short, and may well earn himself a chance in the whites at some point in the next couple of year. Meanwhile Wellington are 159/4 versus ND, Southee leading the attack with 3 wickets.

  9. Post
    #59
    Southee 8/27

    ****

  10. Post
    #60
    WTF SOUTHEE!

    25 overs, 12 maidens, 27 runs, and 8 wickets... WTF

  11. Post
    #61
    Neoptolemus wrote:
    So as well as the test we have another round of the Plunkett Shield.

    Canterbury are 232/3 vs Auckland, with Papps falling just after bringing up yet another ton for Canterbury. Johann Myburgh in the runs too, 97* atm. Those two did a nice job, taking us from 51/2 to 232. Harry is now at the crease with Myburgh, so it will be interesting to see if at age 40 he's still up to First Class cricket. Otago are in the runs too, 221/2 with everyone's favourite Black Cap, Neil Broom on 82*. I reckon he's better in the long form than the short, and may well earn himself a chance in the whites at some point in the next couple of year. Meanwhile Wellington are 159/4 versus ND, Southee leading the attack with 3 wickets.
    Harry's on 76

  12. Post
    #62
    Big century for Broom today, finishing the day unbeaten. As mentioned, Southee was at his best today.

  13. Post
    #63
    Neoptolemus wrote:
    Big century for Broom today, finishing the day unbeaten. As mentioned, Southee was at his best today.
    Ahem

    My brother is at the crease with him and is not out on 150* to end the day.
    Go Shaun

  14. Post
    #64
    Soui wrote:
    Southee 8/27

    ****
    yeah they announced this at the cricket

    I was like... holy ****

    wonder what he could have done against pakistan

  15. Post
    #65
    Col.Burger wrote:
    Ahem

    My brother is at the crease with him and is not out on 150* to end the day.
    Go Shaun
    congrads to your bro.

    Lol - i never knew that Sinclair bowled. Sux to be CD 2-55 to 2-357

  16. Post
    #66
    Col.Burger wrote:
    Ahem

    My brother is at the crease with him and is not out on 150* to end the day.
    Go Shaun
    His high score I believe too

  17. Post
    #67
    Yea
    His previous was 108.

    Brooms highest score as well

  18. Post
    #68
    Haha, sorry man no disrespect intended, I just got the feeling people weren't that interested in domestic cricket so started focusing on the black caps/ex black caps and imports.

    In Canterbury vs Auckland, Harry added to his tally of tons, before being dismissed for 105, Canterbury are 442/7 at the moment. They've lost Martin and Bond from their attack though, so bowling out a fairly strong Auckland batting line up will be tough.

    In ND vs Wellington, ND are getting a taste of their own medicine, 77/5 atm. Despite Timmy's heroics with the ball, Wellington still managed 263, so ND are looking at a fairly hefty deficit, unless McGlashan or Joey Yovich can do something with the bat (which is far from impossible). McGlashan took another 5 catches in the Wellington innings - anyone know what the record for catches in a domestic season is? McGlashan has 17 from his last 3 innings, plus probably more from the other games that have already taken place.

    In Otago the Haig-Broom partnership was finally broken, 306 the final total. Haig fell for 153 and Broom 196 (he'll be gutted). Otago are 439/5.

  19. Post
    #69
    Yea so close to getting his 200 but still a great effort.

  20. Post
    #70
    Col.Burger wrote:
    Ahem

    My brother is at the crease with him and is not out on 150* to end the day.
    Go Shaun
    Your brother did well!

  21. Post
    #71
    Yea he will be stoked after a couple of low scores in the first two games.

    Otago have declared on 534 and have now picked up the early wicket of Ingram for 0 off the last ball of the first over

  22. Post
    #72
    Otago have plenty of fight in them, the stags are 78/6 and staring at a huge first innings deficit, potential innings victory for Otago here. Sam Wells is in the wickets for Otago, with 5 out of 6. Jamie How is the top scorer for CD with 31, so far. Did they change pitches over night or something?

    In Hamilton, Yovich and McGlashan have led a fight back, but at 226/8 and 40 odd runs behind the first innings total of Wellington, the match is in an interesting position. Yovich is still out there, and he'll be the key if ND get first innings points. Southee is at the crease with him - he was the hero of the first innings, and is probably pissed off that his batsmen haven't backed him up. No one in the top 5 scored more than 16. Jeetan Patel is in which a couple of wickets, which is interesting as I believe one of the Pakistan tests will be played a Seddon Park.

    In Christchurch Auckland are 94/1, chasing Canterbury's 540. I'll be surprised if they get there, but it doesn't look like there will be a result either. Without Bond and Martin, Canterbury's attack just doesn't look capable of taking the 20 wickets needed for a win. Hope I'm proved wrong though.

  23. Post
    #73
    Wow after your previous post I was going to say Southee will feel pretty embarrassed he did all the hard yards and his batsmen are letting him down, glad to see a bit of a comeback!

    Haha 540's still a strong score without two bowlers and a batter. We'll be fine I think - Hiini, Leighton, Anderson, and hopefully Astle will step up.. Question, where's Stewart?

  24. Post
    #74
    Pretty much end of day all round. Ravi Bopara is enjoying QEII, he's at the heart of Auckland's 157/2. Still a long way to go before they catch up though, but it looks like a bit of a road there.

    CD ended up all out for 190. They've now got to get 350 runs just to make Otago bat again, and with two days to play Otago look set for a comfortable win. First ball of their second innings will be bowled tomorrow morning.

    McGlashan back to his old tricks in Hamilton, with an early breakthrough in Wellington's second innings, predictably a caught behind. Southee and Yovich combined for a 65 run partnership to get ND first innings points. Wellington are 4/1, with play ongoing for reason or reasons unknown.

  25. Post
    #75
    Neoptolemus wrote:
    so ND are looking at a fairly hefty deficit, unless McGlashan or Joey Yovich can do something with the bat (which is far from impossible).
    Saw this at lunch time and just felt a need to come back and say you called it