Results 7,051 to 7,056 of 7056

1. Post
    Toolman wrote:
    Netflix might have started the revolution but they are already in trouble, they spent nearly 18 billion dollars on content this year up from 13 billion the year before and to keep this up they have to have growth in Subscribers every year but instead of growing they are losing subscribers with all the new services starting , sorry off topic but people have to realise getting streaming content is an expensive business and sport is top of the list in cost. Sky sport in England spent 1.1 billion pounds on the domestic cricket rights, Australian rights went for 1.7 billion dollars to channel 7, tests big bash and Fox all cricket. if you are going to compete you need deep pockets does Spark have deep pockets when they wont get much return on money spent. eg just to break even on the rugby they need 170000 subs, i would be surprised if they had half of that which means they are losing money and people are saying the new CEO isnt as keen on the whole streaming sport business
    I think Spark probably has deeper pockets than Sky and they can probably actually use their streaming services as a loss leader to convince people to sign up to their UFB or 5G services.

2. Post
    labcat wrote:
    I think Spark probably has deeper pockets than Sky and they can probably actually use their streaming services as a loss leader to convince people to sign up to their UFB or 5G services.
    but like all public companies they have to make money, if you havent got a CEO who is all in how long will she let Spark sport lose money

3. Post
    Toolman wrote:
    but like all public companies they have to make money, if you havent got a CEO who is all in how long will she let Spark sport lose money
    for a telcom like telecom, its a long game.... that's the poster's point... they have the money to lose...

Spark's share price dropped when they announced this. People suspect they going to war with sky and it could get bloody before they win it.
    Last edited by Paddles; Yesterday at 3:57 am.

4. Post
    8 days until the plunket shield begins

5. Post
    7 days to plunket shield begins

6. Post
    I have also emailed Jacinda Ardern about my Spark Sport concerns.