Results 6,926 to 6,942 of 6942

1. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Lol indigo.

It's okay - wrighty doesn't like Wagner either.

The reality is, Ross sticking around and Devon continuing this form patch could mean Will Young lives a "what if I scored runs in that NZA game instead of Nicholls...?"
    If Devon Conway gets selected ahead of Will Young there will be a very very very long letter written to David White by myself. I may also start one of those facebook petitions.

2. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    If Devon Conway gets selected ahead of Will Young there will be a very very very long letter written to David White by myself. I may also start one of those facebook petitions.
    I'd be second signature on it...he's been given a rough deal as it is

3. Post
    He won't, not before Will Young gets a decent crack at least... in either ODI or tests. Nicholls was persisted with for ages.

4. Post
    Here is a prediction for you. Will Young will shine more in international cricket than he does in provincial cricket.
    He has the best leave in New Zealand and possibly world cricket, certainly while not as good as Richardson who was the master leaver, he is right up there. As such he will make international bowlers bowl into his areas and should score freely.
    Batting against "lesser bowlers" can be harder for technically correct batsman like Young because they are more random, harder to get into rhythm against, and more capable of bowing a very difficult delivery out of nowhere when your guard was down.

5. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    Here is a prediction for you. Will Young will shine more in international cricket than he does in provincial cricket.
    He has the best leave in New Zealand and possibly world cricket, certainly while not as good as Richardson who was the master leaver, he is right up there. As such he will make international bowlers bowl into his areas and should score freely.
    Batting against "lesser bowlers" can be harder for technically correct batsman like Young because they are more random, harder to get into rhythm against, and more capable of bowing a very difficult delivery out of nowhere when your guard was down.
    I've heard a lot about this guy, do you think he's an upgrade on the current openers?

6. Post
    jamie157 wrote:
    I've heard a lot about this guy, do you think he's an upgrade on the current openers?
    He's better than Nicholls as an ODI opener from a technique and aptitude perspective and from the same perspective he is better than Raval.

7. Post
    <N> wrote:
    He won't, not before Will Young gets a decent crack at least... in either ODI or tests. Nicholls was persisted with for ages.
    Gotta pick the right guy... if Conway is the right guy...

8. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Gotta pick the right guy... if Conway is the right guy...
    18 months away... surely Young will get a decent run in that time.

9. Post
    I note that in that article indigo posted it said that Conway goes “home” to South Africa for extensive visits every year.

Kruger van Wyk and Wagner were genuinely emotional and proud to be selected for New Zealand. Conway is a bat for hire and is not invested in Aotearoa. I don’t want to win at all costs. I want to win with a group of men who are truely honoured to represent New Zealand.

10. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    I note that in that article indigo posted it said that Conway goes “home” to South Africa for extensive visits every year.

Kruger van Wyk and Wagner were genuinely emotional and proud to be selected for New Zealand. Conway is a bat for hire and is not invested in Aotearoa. I don’t want to win at all costs. I want to win with a group of men who are truely honoured to represent New Zealand.
    We noticed.

I want the best eligible.

They'll be proood leeeeweee's in not time

11. Post
    wrighty wrote:

eh... he has family in SA, why wouldn't he go visit them?

Wagner has family back in SA too, as does his wife - whom he met on a tour of SA with NZ. Who tf cares if he has time off and chooses to go back to SA, jeezuz. He just cancelled a trip to SA in order to stay here for the winter and train.

12. Post
    <N> wrote:
    eh... he has family in SA, why wouldn't he go visit them?

Wagner has family back in SA too, as does his wife - whom he met on a tour of SA with NZ. Who tf cares if he has time off and chooses to go back to SA, jeezuz. He just cancelled a trip to SA in order to stay here for the winter and train.
    Haha thanks for your sensible response

I have a strange sense of humour so every now and then my responses are only 50 percent serious. I partly made that last post to send myself up and continue our forum banter about Conway.

It is true that I don’t like him though as I see him being about as good as ronchie ie too good for plunket but wasting everyone’s time at international level.

13. Post
    We want know till he gets a shot.

Given his power and fast scoring game, I think he really would look good in the NZ odi setup and wish him the best.

14. Post
    I heard there a bit of a gap in the international summer, so the Black Caps have been told they cant play BBL, but rather domestic cricket.

15. Post
    Shawn Hicks from Otago has retired at 23 years old due to concussion problems.

Sad face

He was going to be a good player and a future stalwart of Otago cricket.

Otago is our weakest province - the only purpose they serve is attracting Aucklanders who can't crack the Auk side.

16. Post
    Foxcroft moving south apparently. Good signing for Otago.

17. Post
    oddjob wrote:
    Foxcroft moving south apparently. Good signing for Otago.
    Big news. As you know he has been keenly followed on this message board, Probably a move up the order for him.

Opens things up a bit in CD as well/new opportunities.