Results 6,876 to 6,900 of 6939

1. Post
    David White has no idea that Pakistan has been number 1 in t20 for ages now...

2. Post
    MXRecord wrote:
    A champion team will beat a team of champions. The NZA were stacked and they couldnt do it. GJ Stags.
    That champion team lost by 131 runs a couple of weeks ago against ND. That's T20 cricket eh.

3. Post
    wags must of have been filthy ... get the team to the finals and then the BC rejects come and take his place haha.

unless he was injured?

4. Post
    turning_point wrote:
    wags must of have been filthy ... get the team to the finals and then the BC rejects come and take his place haha.

unless he was injured?
    Nah - Santner and Southee returning stole his place...

5. Post
    turning_point wrote:

unless he was injured?
    Lol this.

6. Post
    ;11267655 wrote:
    That champion team lost by 131 runs a couple of weeks ago against ND. That's T20 cricket eh.
    They won and won well when it counted. They came back to beat The Aces after losing to them, then to the final to beat ND comprehensively. Champion team imho.

7. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Dude, CD are stacked. They are so stacked this year, they had no room for Ryder...

Worker, Bruce, Young (already in test squad), Cleaver NZA - but 5 current/recent Black Cap bowlers... (Wheeler left out)...

Looks like Bracewell is getting motm, but Foxcroft for me...
    But Ryder sucks...
    Anyway you are probably right as you know the players better, I just recognize more of the ND team.

8. Post
    Plunket Shield back. All three games are just underway.

9. Post
    Oh the Agony, Ravindra dismissed for 96 on debut in the Plunket Shield.

He cruised to 85 and then ND through Mitchell and Sodhi just bolwed maiden after maiden and forced the eventual wicket.

It is hard to ton up. You must go through a number of testing periods.

Dissapointed to see Wellington play 5 bowlers instead of Bhula.

10. Post
    Another ton for Conway.

11. Post
    oddjob wrote:
    Another ton for Conway.
    We NZC to start offering a count down timer on our future Blek Keps.

12. Post
    McEwan ripping Otago apart

13. Post
    <N> wrote:
    McEwan ripping Otago apart

Great spell, deserves to be rewarded with a shirt that fits him after that.

14. Post
    Wrighty's Round Up

Still one day to go of Plunket Shield but ND are unlikely to score 61 more runs so this write up coming in now.

Wellington vs ND

Rachin don't call me Sachin scores a 96 on Plunket Shield debut. From watching the vault footage he had a lot of time to play his shots, and although Sodhi trapped him lbw for the most part he played the leg spinner well including picking the googly.
    Hit Kugg's for six with a pull shot off a ball on his ribs. Keep those down next time Rachin, four runs is more controlled.

Pieface, I mean Conway scored 156 with red ink to boost his average.

Somebody make Woodcock retire so that Bhula can open.

Zac Gibson 15 overs 0/78 - just another crap day in the office for this once hyped teenage star.

In ND's run chase for victory Watling put up some numbers. Kugg didn't help his chances with a low score, and Bennett led the bowling with a 5 wicket bag (this game is still alive tomorrow with ND 9 down)

Canterbury vs cd

Canterbury won
    Matt Henry with a first innings 5 wicket bag
    McConchie batting at number 4 and took a 4 wicket bag 2nd dig.
    Why is my boy Foxcroft batting at 7 below Doug. Sounds like a rookie being made to pay his dues down the order
    No sign of Clarkson (believed injured) or Christian Leopard in this round. Jesse was dropped to make way for players of this ilk. Hopefully that is the end of Leopard anyway. All sizzle and no substance player.

Both Young and Cleaver appeared to drink some magic potion before this game leaving them destined to score identical scores in both digs. Young with a 20 and a 20 in this match and Cleaver with a 63 and 65.
    Wouldn't it be interesting if Cleaver climbs over Blundell in the pecking order of keepers.
    Cleaver FC average 41. Blundell FC average 36
    Murdoch scored a 47 for cantabs second dig from the department of who gives a ****.
    Of special note with scores of 56 and 28 down at number 8 for Cantabs is Shipley. He is 22. Has an FC bowling average of 31. His econ rate is high in all forms of the game. Needs to put up some even better bowling numbers.

Auckland crushed Otago
    Only things to report - Chapman with a century, Glenn Phillips with a sixty

15. Post
    0.3 Has Munro fallen to the very first ball he faces in PSL? It looks like it! The ball is on a length, and he picks it up cleanly over the leg side - but a little too cleanly! Hussain Talat is positioned at deep backward square leg, he runs across the boundary and then dives forward to hold a very low catch. The umpires check to see if it's clean, and it looks like it 1/1

16. Post
    Man the CD batsman are in some kind of form

Greg Hay's List A and FC stats have been impressive this year and we know how good Young, Bruce and to a lesser extent Worker have been.

17. Post
    I will do Wrighty's round up tomorrow night for the latest domestic match ups.

I will have plenty to say.

18. Post
    Did you see this scorecard Wrighty? 2-4, nek minnit 312/2, chase down 308 with 6 overs to spare!

19. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    Did you see this scorecard Wrighty? 2-4, nek minnit 312/2, chase down 308 with 6 overs to spare!
    link?

20. Post

21. Post
    Ravindra with a pair, ouch.

22. Post
    Wrighty’s round up

Canterbury vs Wellington
    1) Ravindra got a pair. But I think this pair stands him out for greatness in the manner in which he got it. Specifically, Ravindra while waiting holds the bat up until the bower is close to his “gather” then he taps his bat and gets backlift going again well before the ball is released.
    On the first innings dismissal he tapped his bat too late and ended up not getting his backlift going and being late on the shot eventually.
    Encouragingly, he learned from this in his 2nd dig but overcompensated, as you do, and was out for a pair. Sometimes you are meant to do badly. I have been out for two pairs in my life, one was a golden pair – ie golden ducks both times.
    Rachin and whoever his coach is adjusts to and learns lessons from each inning. He will go far.

2) Remember when CJ Bowes the Saffer opener from Cantabs was this year’s Conway and everyone was watching him. Yet another duck in this match. I say his run for the blackcaps was not advanced sufficiently this year and he has toasted himself. Didn’t do well last year either. Probably in danger of being dropped now.
    3) 9 wickets for Henry in the match. Very close to a 10 wicket haul.
    4) AT Fletcher got a go at 6 ahead of Bhula. Bhula should feel stiff to miss out. He scored 4 and 0 so maybe Bhula for the next match? Bhula is 20, AT fletcher is a 27 year old journeyman of A level cricket.
    5) Bennett – he who will be remembered for breaking down in a test – with a 5 wicket bag.
    6) Cole McConchie with 150 and batting number 4 - making him the top performing all rounder in the comp at the moment.

Central Districts vs Otago Volts
    Stop the fight – Will young, Hay and Worker with centuries backstopping CD to 584 for 4 declared. That man Will Young with 150.
    Cleaver with an eighty
    Otago in response were 244 and had to follow on. Tickner with 4 wickets. Otago’s answer to Shane Watson NG Smith top scoring with 45 from the number 7 spot.
    In the second dig Hamish Rutherford the only capable Otago batsman with 99, and second top score is NG Smith again with 75. Surely a star in the making here – NG Smith
    Ajaz Patel with 4 wickets.

Northern vs Auckland Aces

Auckland first dig 468
    Guptil with a domestic bullying 120
    And GD Phillips with 138 (his 3rd FC century by my count)
    Northern 376 in response
    Kuggs with a 66 (which the selectors will notice hopefully). He has 3 FC centuries and 12 50s.
    Somerville with 4 wickets
    Auckland are now batting out the match for a draw
    Sodhi 8 wickets so far in this match. In watching the vault his wickets come from people being aggressive against him.
    Last edited by wrighty; 4th March 2019 at 4:37 pm.

23. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    4) AT Fletcher got a go at 6 ahead of Bhula. Bhula should feel stiff to miss out. He scored 4 and 0 so maybe Bhula for the next match? Bhula is 20, AT fletcher is a 27 year old journeyman of A level cricket.
    He's 25 actually, and given it's his first season of first class cricket, how does that make him a journeyman? That's like the opposite of a journeyman.

Not sure why he's batting six given how many runs he got opening in the one dayers too. He also hit 92 against Bangladesh last week, opening! The guy can play, but he shouldn't be batting six. His domestic one day average is 56. Bhula has had a shocking time of it aside from his 99, he also bagged a duck against Bangladesh. 0, 2, 18, 5, 9, 99, 5, 11, 15, 0, 5... not pretty.

Such an stupid thing to do, judge a player on age just because someone is 20 doesn't mean they should get extra favours... Bond was 27 when he made his NZ debut! Haddin was 30 when he debuted for Aussie, Hussey too. 25 is damn young for a batsman.
    Last edited by <N>; 4th March 2019 at 10:08 pm.

24. Post
    <N> wrote:
    He's 25 actually, and given it's his first season of first class cricket, how does that make him a journeyman? That's like the opposite of a journeyman.

Not sure why he's batting six given how many runs he got opening in the one dayers too. He also hit 92 against Bangladesh last week, opening! The guy can play, but he shouldn't be batting six. His domestic one day average is 56. Bhula has had a shocking time of it aside from his 99, he also bagged a duck against Bangladesh. 0, 2, 18, 5, 9, 99, 5, 11, 15, 0, 5... not pretty.

Such an stupid thing to do, judge a player on age just because someone is 20 doesn't mean they should get extra favours... Bond was 27 when he made his NZ debut! Haddin was 30 when he debuted for Aussie, Hussey too. 25 is damn young for a batsman.
    Thanks for both reading and giving feedback to wrighty's round up. It takes me about an hour to put together each time because I have to cross check my facts and previous stats often.

I said he was journeyman of A level cricket. Read that carefully. My understanding is he has bounced around in Wellington A for quite a while.

The only person who spent more time at the A level and is more of a journeyman than Fletcher is Weerasundra. The latter has been in the Wellington A set up almost for 5 years.
    Last edited by wrighty; 4th March 2019 at 10:22 pm.

25. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    Wrighty’s round up

Canterbury vs Wellington
    1) Ravindra got a pair. But I think this pair stands him out for greatness in the manner in which he got it. Specifically, Ravindra while waiting holds the bat up until the bower is close to his “gather” then he taps his bat and gets backlift going again well before the ball is released.
    On the first innings dismissal he tapped his bat too late and ended up not getting his backlift going and being late on the shot eventually.
    Encouragingly, he learned from this in his 2nd dig but overcompensated, as you do, and was out for a pair. Sometimes you are meant to do badly. I have been out for two pairs in my life, one was a golden pair – ie golden ducks both times.
    Rachin and whoever his coach is adjusts to and learns lessons from each inning. He will go far.

2) Remember when CJ Bowes the Saffer opener from Cantabs was this year’s Conway and everyone was watching him. Yet another duck in this match. I say his run for the blackcaps was not advanced sufficiently this year and he has toasted himself. Didn’t do well last year either. Probably in danger of being dropped now.
    3) 9 wickets for Henry in the match. Very close to a 10 wicket haul.
    5) Bennett – he who will be remembered for breaking down in a test – with a 5 wicket bag.
    6) Cole McConchie with 150 and batting number 4 - making him the top performing all rounder in the comp at the moment.

Central Districts vs Otago Volts
    Stop the fight – Will young, Hay and Worker with centuries backstopping CD to 584 for 4 declared. That man Will Young with 150.
    Cleaver with an eighty
    Otago in response were 244 and had to follow on. Tickner with 4 wickets. Otago’s answer to Shane Watson NG Smith top scoring with 45 from the number 7 spot.
    In the second dig Hamish Rutherford the only capable Otago batsman with 99, and second top score is NG Smith again with 75. Surely a star in the making here – NG Smith
    Ajaz Patel with 4 wickets.

Northern vs Auckland Aces

Auckland first dig 468
    Guptil with a domestic bullying 120
    And GD Phillips with 138 (his 3rd FC century by my count)
    Northern 376 in response
    Kuggs with a 66 (which the selectors will notice hopefully). He has 3 FC centuries and 12 50s.
    Somerville with 4 wickets
    Auckland are now batting out the match for a draw
    Sodhi 8 wickets so far in this match. In watching the vault his wickets come from people being aggressive against him.
    I like the look of Smith too - he can bowl quick and looks like a more than capable batsman