The climate change debate and potential solutions thread

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 3,676 to 3,678 of 3678

1. Post
    Planting more crops is an ok oxygen replacement, but it’s not the same for storing the carbon from the atmosphere. That’s they key issue in deforestation, the removal of carbon storage.

2. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    Hmmmm ...

It does seem that quite a few scientists think the planet may only be able to support 1 billion or even lessSo yeah ... He may seem strange, but what he says has been said by others. Yes, they maybe outliers from the mainstream of science for their views and research, but I suspect these voices are not heard much, because otherwise "why bother .. if we are all going to die anyway" attitude may develop. e.g Guy McPherson, et.al.

However the next generations are concerned. And why I will support parties who think about the long term well being of people and the planet.
    I stand by my statement. Here’s an article doing the same

https://climatefeedback.org/claimrev...er-hallam-bbc/

Mr. Hallam’s claim that “the science predicts” that six billion people are headed for slaughter and starvation by 2100 is simply not correct. No mainstream prediction indicates anywhere near this level of climate-change-induced human mortality, for any reason.

3. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Planting more crops is an ok oxygen replacement, but it’s not the same for storing the carbon from the atmosphere. That’s they key issue in deforestation, the removal of carbon storage.
    sorry forgot the sarcasm tags