The climate change debate and potential solutions thread

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 3,426 to 3,435 of 3435

1. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Was thinking about KiwiTT’s removal of a generation or two comment yesterday, and I had a thought. Instead of people having no babies, therefore removing an entire workforce 20 years later, wouldnt it be better if we remove the costly end of the pyramid? Logan’s Run style? Starting with over 70’s, then over 60’s? How’s that Kiwi? Wouldn’t touch over 50’s though
    Yeah ive thought about it, it's certainly not a fair system because there are plenty of worthless <60 yr olds taking more than they contribute. Some sort of end of life reward system based based on past performance may even it up though.

A eugenics\euthanasia system for all would be optimal

2. Post
    Eugenics is for people who failed biology in high school. So we can start with people who think eugenics is a good idea

3. Post
    Im talking gene editing for diseases and such here not your typical eugenic solutions. I never did biology at school but feel free to come around.

4. Post
    Eagle wrote:
    Some sort of end of life reward system based based on past performance may even it up though.l
    I could actually see some whack Asian state like Korea implementing this very successfully. They already have full buy-in with the youth. Watch this space.

5. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Was thinking about KiwiTT’s removal of a generation or two comment yesterday, and I had a thought. Instead of people having no babies, therefore removing an entire workforce 20 years later, wouldnt it be better if we remove the costly end of the pyramid? Logan’s Run style? Starting with over 70’s, then over 60’s? How’s that Kiwi? Wouldn’t touch over 50’s though

I think choosing to reduce the number of children being born is better, as they add multiple people, if they go on to have more children, whereas older people usually are menopausal and no can have children.

6. Post
    lumpy custard wrote:
    I could actually see some whack Asian state like Korea implementing this very successfully. They already have full buy-in with the youth. Watch this space.
    I have a memory of this already being done. China or North Korea. I'll go look.

If you think about it, we're probably the last generation of analogue, non genetically modified humans. Well, until it all burns down.

7. Post
    Science fact of the day. If you take the volume of air in your house and squeeze it into a coffee cup, you can't pick it up.

8. Post

9. Post
    snaffta wrote:
    Science fact of the day. If you take the volume of air in your house and squeeze it into a coffee cup, you can't pick it up.
    Is it like Thors hammer?

10. Post
    What is coming - https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ge-way-we-live
    But he points out that while richer people risk a loss to their quality of life, the poorer risk their actual lives.
    @Gneiss Signal. With a mere 4C average warming why is it that polar regions will be higher - 8-10C, does that mean middle latitudes will be less warm. Confused !?!?!??!

also the Equatorial belt has one of the fastest growing populations in it
    Equatorial belt

High humidity causing heat stress across tropical regions will render them uninhabitable for much of the year. To the north and south will lie belts of inhospitable desert
    will be one of the early pain points to watch in the coming decades sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by KiwiTT; 19th May 2019 at 10:22 am.