The climate change debate and potential solutions thread

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 3,451 to 3,457 of 3457

  1. Post
    I haven’t diverted anything. Your argument is pathetic and not worthy of discussion. Talk about population control when you’ve learned something. Choosing not to have kids and criticising those who have is ridiculous. Dickhead.

  2. Post
    Why so defensive? Did I hit a nerve?

    Here is what the scientists said in 1992 for your reference
    We must stabilize population
    So if they thought that then, it had to be important to control population growth. As for the manner of that control and how to get there, I would leave that to the experts as I am not one as you rightly said.

    As they now say, "Want to fight climate change? Have fewer children"
    The greatest impact individuals can have in fighting climate change is to have one fewer child, according to a new study that identifies the most effective ways people can cut their carbon emissions.

  3. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    especially western children.
    KiwiTT wrote:
    especially western ones.
    lol.

    Meanwhile the UN is conversely telling us at the same time that Western countries are experiencing a population decline due to low fertility rates and mortality - and must therefore accept replacement migration as a solution (otherwise you're a racist, bigot ect. of course)

    Hmmmm. All is going according to plan it seems.

  4. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    Why so defensive? Did I hit a nerve?

    Here is what the scientists said in 1992 for your reference So if they thought that then, it had to be important to control population growth. As for the manner of that control and how to get there, I would leave that to the experts as I am not one as you rightly said.

    As they now say, "Want to fight climate change? Have fewer children"
    You hit nothing, I’m bemused by your attempt to pretend that you didn’t have kids for the sake of saving the earth. How you keep going on about the 1992 study when in 2009 through to about last year you didn’t believe a word of it. It’s ridiculous, transparent, pathetic. As I said, a reformed smoker yelling at smokers. Your newly adapted holier than thou attitude is getting worse and it’s now tainting your sometimes rational posts. Hassling people in a 1st world country that already has a stable or declining population is just stupid. Like I said, learn something, then speak. A rational discussion about global population stability is quite different from targeting Kiwis for their choice of having two kids and talking about carbon footprints.

    /rant.

  5. Post
    Basileus wrote:
    lol.

    Meanwhile the UN is conversely telling us at the same time that Western countries are experiencing a population decline due to low fertility rates and mortality - and must therefore accept replacement migration as a solution (otherwise you're a racist, bigot ect. of course)

    Hmmmm. All is going according to plan it seems.
    Yep that does not help the planet.
    gneiss wrote:
    you didn’t believe a word of it.
    I have always known that humans are harming the planet and have been for countless years. It was only man-made CO2 I was doubtful of. Here was my position in January 2010
    KiwiTT wrote:
    Note: This does not mean I will stop being enviromentally conscious, i.e. try not to pollute too much"
    Last edited by KiwiTT; 24th May 2019 at 5:19 pm.

  6. Post
    Pollution != climate change

    Look, I’m not here to knock you off your high horse (well maybe sometimes), it’s great that you’ve changed your tune through educating yourself. You just need to tone down the rhetoric sometimes.

  7. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Pollution != climate change

    Look, I’m not here to knock you off your high horse (well maybe sometimes), it’s great that you’ve changed your tune through educating yourself. You just need to tone down the rhetoric sometimes.
    Agreed