1. Post
    Northside - best on the shore for sure

2. Post
    Does anyone have a link for the Valero vs DeMarco fight? And what time is it shown (NZ time)?

Kinda looking forward to it... but I havnt found any streams

Thanks

3. Post
    27 wins

27 by knockout

EDWWWWWWWWWIINNN

VAAALEEEEROO
    wellns87

4. Post
    Just got a few questions about boxing stances...

Is David Tua left or right handed?

Tua's got one of the most devastating left hooks and I was wondering is it because he is left handed fighting in an orthodox stance?

Quite a few fighters that are left handed fight in the orthodox stance, which gives them a powerful jab and left hook. Most boxers that are famous for their left hook are left handed: Frazier, Oscar De la Hoya, etc.

On the other hand, quite a few boxers that are left handed fight orthodox, eg: Cotto, Tyson

I'm just wondering since I'm a right handed but it seems I'm more comfortable with a southpaw stance (right foot forward)

I heard Hagler is right handed, but fights in a southpaw stance, but I'm not too sure if that's true

And apparently Pacquiao is ambidextrous, here u can c him signing autographs using his right

5. Post
    not sure about tua but it is the case for some, like you mentioned

i am ambidextrous so i love the left hook, but write with my rihgt hand

6. Post
    I think Tua's just got one of the most devastating left hooks because he is a massive, trained Samoan.

I'm right handed also and thinking about being in a southpaw stance seems very awkward to me, in saying that I play pool left handed and trying to play right handed just feels very weird. I guess it just boils down to what you feel comfortable with, serious guys are going to be trained up well enough with both hands anyway. Probably some guys who are like you and just feel more comfortable that way, probably some who were trained up as southpaws in search of any small advantage they can get over the competition, similar to cricketers trained up to bat left handed but you see them bowling right handed.
    wellns87

7. Post
    Is there any news on the Haye and Klitschko brothers situation? Would be so keen to see either of them shut him up, would be so intense

Also what do you all think Hayes chances are against Ruiz? vice versa.

8. Post
    would have to say Haye KO or at least UD Ruiz... I certainly hope so want to klit/haye match up.

9. Post
    Hoppa pulled out the Cam fight. Drop nuts much???

10. Post
    wellns87 wrote:
    I think Tua's just got one of the most devastating left hooks because he is a massive, trained Samoan.

I'm right handed also and thinking about being in a southpaw stance seems very awkward to me, in saying that I play pool left handed and trying to play right handed just feels very weird. I guess it just boils down to what you feel comfortable with, serious guys are going to be trained up well enough with both hands anyway. Probably some guys who are like you and just feel more comfortable that way, probably some who were trained up as southpaws in search of any small advantage they can get over the competition, similar to cricketers trained up to bat left handed but you see them bowling right handed.
    yeah true in pretty much every sport I watched (racket sports, baseball, etc) left-handed players are used to left-handed players because they are left handed themselves, they are also used to right handed players because they face them all the time. whereas right handed players gets mind****ed when they face left handed players because they don't usually face them

11. Post
    E. KokoZoid wrote:
    Hoppa pulled out the Cam fight. Drop nuts much???
    Hoppa would of been a punching bag for Cameron, he needs to fight someone better anyway if he really wants to make a come back.

I cant wait for Tua vs Friday fight, its like waiting for Christmas

12. Post
    tua v haye then after tua wins tua vs both klitchcos

13. Post
    If Haye beats Ruiz he's probably going to go get his ass handed to him by Wlad or Vitali before Tua gets a chance.
    wellns87

14. Post
    hoppa and cam fight back on now lol

15. Post
    i know!!! He's probably got an account on gameplanet lol...

It will make for good entertainment!

16. Post
    wellns87 wrote:
    If Haye beats Ruiz he's probably going to go get his ass handed to him by Wlad or Vitali before Tua gets a chance.
    Hahaha yea. Tbh I dont think haye will beat ruiz. Im really hoping someone like ruiz who isn't exactlly praised in the business knocks this clown out, I would love to see what haye would have to say afterwards.

17. Post
    mafro wrote:
    Hahaha yea. Tbh I dont think haye will beat ruiz. Im really hoping someone like ruiz who isn't exactlly praised in the business knocks this clown out, I would love to see what haye would have to say afterwards.
    hahah but why, hw div needs some new blood but i feel where you coming from lol.

i'd love for him to win though, and then face tua and die

dream hw match up for me atm is either

tua vs arreola
    tua vs haye

ofc the klits vs anyone at this stage just seems pointless, i have a feeling even haye will be ud'd

18. Post
    Just watched the David Haye vs Nikolai Valuev fight. - If these are the top fighters of today Tua's got a damn good chance of been heavy weight of the world. Hes use to fighting much harder opponents.

19. Post
    DAXtER wrote:
    Just watched the David Haye vs Nikolai Valuev fight. - If these are the top fighters of today Tua's got a damn good chance of been heavy weight of the world. Hes use to fighting much harder opponents.
    Haye and Valuev are not the top fighters of today. Need to watch Vitali and Wlad if you want to see what Tua needs to stop if he's going to be the best heavyweight around. They are a different kettle of fish.

Would be interesting to see Tua try be the first guy to put Valuev on his ass though.
    wellns87

20. Post
    wellns87 wrote:
    Haye and Valuev are not the top fighters of today. Need to watch Vitali and Wlad if you want to see what Tua needs to stop if he's going to be the best heavyweight around. They are a different kettle of fish.

Would be interesting to see Tua try be the first guy to put Valuev on his ass though.
    OK ill watch some of there fights. I'm feeling confident in Tua atm, he knows he needs to be active in the ring, throw combinations, stay on attack. I think we will be seeing the old Tua back in the ring, not the overweight one hit wonder he turned into after the Lennox fight.

Also just herd Cameron is fighting in welly, April sometime.

21. Post
    IMO Tua got a better chance against Wladimir rather than Vitali.

Wladimir got a glass jaw, while Vitali's jaw is granite.

But as much as I wuld like to c Tua win, I dun c it happening. If he ever gets a chance against either of them it'll be just like Tua vs Lewis... Tua will just get jabbed and outboxed the whole night.

The height and reach difference will just be too much

22. Post
    dif wrote:
    hahah but why, hw div needs some new blood but i feel where you coming from lol.

i'd love for him to win though, and then face tua and die

dream hw match up for me atm is either

tua vs arreola
    tua vs haye

ofc the klits vs anyone at this stage just seems pointless, i have a feeling even haye will be ud'd
    Well, I see him as an unexpected boxer, he has skills to last the distance with Holyfield and win. But is also destroyed in seconds by David Tua. It's probablly just me, but I really see Ruiz coming out on top of this one. If he doesn't I won't be shocked because Haye is quite a threat, I would be disappointed because someone like Ruiz, who isn't exactly seen as much as a challenge for Haye like I said before would be disappointing because I would love to see Haye knocked out by an underdog such as Ruiz.

I think we can all agree that we want to see haye run his mouth then get shut down by someone such as Tua

23. Post
    They should make Haye go 2 on 1 against team Klitschko for the lols.

Back in the day I wanted them to set up a "battle royal" 4 way match between Tyson, Tua, Lennox, Holyfield lol, in hindsight this doesn't seem like as much of a good idea as I thought when I was younger.
    wellns87

24. Post
    wellns87 wrote:
    They should make Haye go 2 on 1 against team Klitschko for the lols.

Back in the day I wanted them to set up a "battle royal" 4 way match between Tyson, Tua, Lennox, Holyfield lol, in hindsight this doesn't seem like as much of a good idea as I thought when I was younger.
    I just want to see that clown knocked out. I'm hoping he goes up against Arreola some time soon.

25. Post
    Wlad's fight with Chambers didn't get picked up by HBO or ESPN and subsequently isn't even being screened for Americans unless they want to pay $15 US to watch in on klitschko.com

crazy that American's best heavyweight getting a world title shot, one he is going to lose but still, isn't going to be screened on TV there.
    wellns87