Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post
    Vietcong 1 was awesome. Play that if you haven't already.

2. Post
    veitcong was pwn.

3. Post
    The trend didn't catch on, simple as that. The 'Nam FPS boom lasted for like 4-6 games and that was it pretty much.

Men of Valour is supposed to be decent, but I never played it. It was by post-MoH:AA 2015, aka the guys who didn't leave to form Infinity Ward.

4. Post
    Rumour has it that Call of Duty 7 by Treyarch will be set in Vietnam.

Oh yeah and don't forget Metal Gear Solid 3, it's like a Rambo 1 prequel in game form.

5. Post
    BattleCrap wrote:
    RAMBO 1!
    So you get to punch a guys head right off?
    Or was that rambo 2?
    There's no OTT action in Rambo 1 (First Blood).

6. Post
    Vietnam isn't popular because the US lost.

7. Post
    Vietcong = mint

8. Post
    Greshark wrote:
    Vietnam isn't popular because the US lost.
    Every war game is about the US flapping their dicks around. 'WE ARE AMERICAN AND WE KILL STUFF RROAARRGGGMMAANNNNTUNAFISH'

9. Post
    Xev wrote:
    Every war game is about the US flapping their dicks around. 'WE ARE AMERICAN AND WE KILL STUFF RROAARRGGGMMAANNNNTUNAFISH'
    QFTMFT

10. Post
    I agree, but there's more to it than that imo; the Vietnam war was largely publicised as a mistake and that America shouldn't have been there, and all the lives lost were senseless.

I'd say a lot of Americans wouldn't really want to rehash that. And also the other games set in WWII incorporate a larger demographic as it involves, well the World :P.

Still, the weapons and technology of the Veitnam war is pretty cool, if done right could be very cool

11. Post
    another reason Vietnam games didn't take off was because they were buggy as hell. Battlefield
    :Vietnam and Vietcong 2 were riddled with bugs.

12. Post
    Flying round in transport choppers playing flight of the Valkyries was AWSOME though in BF:V.

13. Post
    Oscar da Grouch wrote:
    Still, the weapons and technology of the Veitnam war is pretty cool, if done right could be very cool
    theyre just awesome as it is

14. Post
    hellhound wrote:
    another reason Vietnam games didn't take off was because they were buggy as hell. Battlefield
    :Vietnam and Vietcong 2 were riddled with bugs.
    Vietnam was riddled with bugs too, it's 'feature'

15. Post
    Yeah I really enjoyed BF:V and Vietcong... awesome atmosphere and music in BF:V was a major highlight

16. Post
    BF:V is the best and i still play it once a week when i can find a server rolling for it.

17. Post
    forgot vietnam

what about korea war? lol

"more good soldiers died there than 'nam"

or even better cold war game
    all you do is build ur economy, spies and intimidate ur opponents... and then spend all your money on military equipment but colour them in to make them look good and don't actually use it

within the game, it would be cool to replay the cuban missile crisis

18. Post
    the MP in Vietcong was also done really good, remember having alot of fun

19. Post
    Spitfire wrote:
    the MP in Vietcong was also done really good, remember having alot of fun
    good till the cheaters flooded the servers.

20. Post
    Properly due to most of the fight being in the jungle/bush and that it being hard to recreate a good jungle in a FPS game (well in the past)

21. Post
    farcry 2's engine could be use for this

22. Post
    Lightning69 wrote:
    forgot vietnam

what about korea war? lol
    Too similar to WW2. Why bother?

or even better cold war game
    all you do is build ur economy, spies and intimidate ur opponents... and then spend all your money on military equipment but colour them in to make them look good and don't actually use it
    The world has enough stealth, spy and espionage games to drown several school buses full of small children.

23. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    Vietnam was riddled with bugs too, it's 'feature'

Oh and +1 for Vietcong love. Great game.

24. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Too similar to WW2. Why bother?
    Plus alot of people don't even seem to know there was a war in korea.

25. Post
    Yeah the US lost, and the only its just Jungle.... Compared to WW2 where its farms, forest, deserts, snow, cities, beaches, air and sea. etc.