[Wellington Forums]

Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.06 average.
(17 votes)
Results 21,801 to 21,825 of 22043

  1. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Do you even Wellington?
    Not for ages.

  2. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    Is she tutoring strangers in the art of love making?

    Seriously though, since when do libraries close down? The ones around here have budgets until the end of time. I've never heard of one having to close.
    The library is a building on reclaimed land that used the same floor construction as the one of the buildings on the water front which almost collapsed.

    I mean it sucks but it is better than the libraries architecture failing and killing a bunch of people and collapsing.

    You cant exactly do structural reinforcement and keep the building open.

  3. Post
    LOLing at the Metlink advert on the radio "we're not happy either".

  4. Post
    We're not happy we're shit.

  5. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    LOLing at the Metlink advert on the radio "we're not happy either".
    What happened?

  6. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    What happened?
    GWRC negotiated a new bus contract, new routes were done which was completely FUBAR, they tried to drop bus driver pay rates/shifts - bus drivers basically told them to FO in bulk. End result FUBAR routes with a 120 odd driver shortage, buses getting cancelled all over.

    So they've got this ad that is weird creep and sad all in one go. It's got the tone of Soylent Green just before they put you down.

  7. Post
    And they spent 1.5 mill on contract drivers...

  8. Post
    Anyone else see this and think WTF?

    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/112...on-kpiti-coast

  9. Post
    I'd prefer they just install a toll booth, demand every car with less than three passengers give a damn good reason for not taking a bus/train instead, and catapult anyone with a lame/no excuse into the sea.

  10. Post
    Bandaid fix

  11. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    Bandaid fix
    They did make this clear:

    "It's likely many of these issues will be addressed with the full opening of Transmission Gully, but the upcoming creation of additional car parks at Paremata Railway Station has increased the need for an interim solution."

  12. Post
    Transmission gully is just moving the bottle neck.

  13. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    I'd prefer they just install a toll booth, demand every car with less than three passengers give a damn good reason for not taking a bus/train instead, and catapult anyone with a lame/no excuse into the sea.
    How anyone solely relies on public transport in Wellington to get anywhere on time is beyond me.

    Time is money for me. I'm not prepared to wait at a bus stop everyday and hope that it comes. And in the evening, the bus doesn't even go past where I live after 6pm.

  14. Post
    I thought Wellington Public Transport was meant to be the model for other cities.

    It sounds like its another Auckland, although saying that, with what I've read so far in this thread, Wellington is still better.

  15. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    How anyone solely relies on public transport in Wellington to get anywhere on time is beyond me.

    Time is money for me. I'm not prepared to wait at a bus stop everyday and hope that it comes. And in the evening, the bus doesn't even go past where I live after 6pm.
    Live in the city and walk.

  16. Post
    MXRecord wrote:
    I thought Wellington Public Transport was meant to be the model for other cities.

    It sounds like its another Auckland, although saying that, with what I've read so far in this thread, Wellington is still better.
    It was good.... Then the new mayor came along and accepted the cheapest deal and it back fired.

  17. Post
    Been there, done that. Family out grew the apartment life.

  18. Post
    Remind me, tomorrow - can I buy food and booze?

  19. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Remind me, tomorrow - can I buy food and booze?
    Most places are closed Friday and Sunday.

  20. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    It was good.... Then the new mayor came along and accepted the cheapest deal and it back fired.
    Lol owned. At least Auckland never had it the first place, well not for decades anyway.

  21. Post
    MXRecord wrote:
    I thought Wellington Public Transport was meant to be the model for other cities.
    Yup.

    You've heard of Sodom and Gomorrah right?

  22. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    I'd prefer they just install a toll booth, demand every car with less than three passengers give a damn good reason for not taking a bus/train instead, and catapult anyone with a lame/no excuse into the sea.
    LOL trains. I tried for a bit. But parking is a bitch. The buses don't have complete coverage (if they're even operating). Because of reduced staff trains are often short on carriages. A lot of the peak trains are chocka by the time they hit plimmerton even.

    The f**ked up trains and buses are why more cars are on the road. I know lots of people giving up on them.

  23. Post
    ^yep.

  24. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Live in the city and walk.
    This.

    All those people should just get jobs over there, and all those people should just get jobs over there, and everyone can leave their cars in the garage.

  25. Post
    teelo for ****in mayor sort this mess bruv