Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.06 average.
(17 votes)
Results 22,301 to 22,325 of 22339

1. Post
    ^ You've got a motor yours though, no excuses now

2. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    ^ You've got a motor yours though, no excuses now
    Lol yes, but it was house shaking gusty at my place today. That’s just not safe to bike in, motor or not.

3. Post
    Fair enough. I see you are getting gusts up to 74km/h at the moment, it is windy down here in ChCh also, but only gusting up to 50km/h.

It is however nearly double the temperature here (30c), to go along with that Nor'wester! - air con is working hard.

4. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    Fair enough. I see you are getting gusts up to 74km/h at the moment, it is windy down here in ChCh also, but only gusting up to 50km/h.

It is however nearly double the temperature here (30c), to go along with that Nor'wester! - air con is working hard.
    Between 12-2 the average wind speed was over 60. I’d guess gusts were easily over 100.

5. Post
    Just flew into Dunedin. The entire flight was bumpy af.

6. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Between 12-2 the average wind speed was over 60. I’d guess gusts were easily over 100.
    Pussy, I used to ride in the Canterbury Nor West gales 20 miles to school in the snow when I was kid... with bare feet.

7. Post
    I was once literally blown off the road in a Canterbury gale.... i was on a motorcycle. It wasn't much fun.

8. Post
    I wish we had a little more imagination for cycling infrastructure in this country. There’s a section of cycleway that goes from town in Chch out to Uni, and for decent chunks of it you’re completely separated from the road. Occasionally you have to cross it, but the lights are setup so cyclists have priority and you hit the sensor well before the crossing. It’s ****ing amazing.

At the other end of the spectrum, we’ve narrowed streets to put in 1m side cycle lanes that are unsafe for cars *and* unsafe for cyclists. More of the first, and everyone’s happy. More of the second, and everyone’s mad. Sigh.

9. Post
    It would be nice if we had completely separated sealed pedestrian/bike paths like this one in Canada:

10. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    It would be nice if we had completely separated sealed pedestrian/bike paths like this one in Canada:
    They have these in Portugal, it's ****ing amazing going from work to gym to lunch places etc. However everyone just uses them with lime scooters and the likes, the bike people get really mad about it.

11. Post
    He is going over 50km/h at points on that DIY fat tyre e-bike (which is a good 20km/h faster than those scooters can do lol). I don't see there being too many problems doing that on a bike path that is as wide as that one and laned.

As long as you slow down when coming up behind other people and make them aware of your presence, being that electric vehicles are so quite. And then pass safety, like he does.

I'd have more issue with people who ride those scooters at full tilt amongst pedestrians on your average roadside footpath.

12. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    He is going over 50km/h at points on that DIY fat tyre e-bike (which is a good 20km/h faster than those scooters can do lol). I don't see there being too many problems doing that on a bike path that is as wide as that one and laned.

As long as you slow down when coming up behind other people and make them aware of your presence, being that electric vehicles are so quite. And then pass safety, like he does.

I'd have more issue with people who ride those scooters at full tilt amongst pedestrians on your average roadside footpath.
    All footpaths are uneven tiles so it's impossible to ride scooters on them which is awesome

13. Post
    Anyone ever lived in the Hanson street apartments, street number 20?

14. Post
    Crash right outside my work today. Traffic moving at 5kph max, yet nose to tail. Think they were fighting over a spot merging or something. Muppets.

15. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    Crash right outside my work today. Traffic moving at 5kph max, yet nose to tail. Think they were fighting over a spot merging or something. Muppets.
    People are so selfish, it’s ridiculous. “Can’t let one person get ahead of me, oh no way.“

I had a guy in a pest control ute yell out the window asking if I wanted to pull over for a fight when he wouldn’t let me in around the Basin a few years back I just asked if he was an adult or a 10 year old and laughed as the person ahead of him let me in. Had my two very young kids in the car so I wasn’t going to get fired up and swear.

16. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    People are so selfish, it’s ridiculous. “Can’t let one person get ahead of me, oh no way.“

I had a guy in a pest control ute yell out the window asking if I wanted to pull over for a fight when he wouldn’t let me in around the Basin a few years back I just asked if he was an adult or a 10 year old and laughed as the person ahead of him let me in. Had my two very young kids in the car so I wasn’t going to get fired up and swear.
    Well played

17. Post

18. Post
    ^

19. Post
    Don't go swimming in the harbour.

There's poo in it.

http://wellington.scoop.co.nz/?p=123899

20. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    traffic is a nightmare at the moment. I think everyone has given up on the trains.

21. Post
    All it takes is one crash to mess Wellington up.

22. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    I think everyone has given up on the trains.
    Nope.

23. Post
    Just had some Chef's Palette on the front lawn of parliament. Banger of a day.

Got to watch a protest which was kinda cool.

Small town boy in the city. Like and subscribe.

24. Post
    It would be fair to say that it was a nice day for a ride out to Red Rocks

Name:  AA0F869F-98EA-4DE8-8545-06B5717C6C08.jpeg
Views: 84
Size:  989.4 KB

25. Post
    You do the trail down from the Brooklyn windmill?