[Wellington Forums]

Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.06 average.
(17 votes)
Results 21,751 to 21,775 of 21878

1. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Is it just me or do they both look a bit chubby?
    Ahem.

They are big boned...

2. Post
    So I'll see you boys all there tomorrow night?

3. Post
    Wellington crowd were looking particularly trashy today. Would actually like to go but $200+ is stupid money.

4. Post
    Also last day of O-Week, so some extra trash sprinkled around there The local bottle shop was jammed with Kiddies at 3pm today.

5. Post
    whats happening on willis? theres like 8 firetrucks and tv crew

6. Post
    Eminems new mix tape probably

7. Post
    Probably just vaping scum.

8. Post
    So, Central library shut down now, indefinitely...

9. Post
    Wait what?

10. Post
    https://i.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/...from-engineers

Goddam half the city getting shutdown at this rate

11. Post
    I dont get why all this shit is only being found now? Like reading cinemas building or whatever was cleared to open after the earthquake and then a bunch of years later they go "oops actually its not safe at all"

12. Post
    My work was told our building was not safe. So we got the get out by blah blah time yellow poster. Got our own engineers round. They checked the place out. Said it was fine...

13. Post
    I'm an engineer*, I'd be happy to take a look and say that I don't see any buggy codeproblems your buildings fine.

14. Post
    LiQuid.Ace wrote:
    I dont get why all this shit is only being found now? Like reading cinemas building or whatever was cleared to open after the earthquake and then a bunch of years later they go "oops actually its not safe at all"
    Honestly this, w t f

15. Post
    ChairmanDrew wrote:
    https://i.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/...from-engineers

Goddam half the city getting shutdown at this rate
    Not great, on the flip side, it could be worse - we had 1300 quake damaged buildings demolished in the CBD alone. And only recently have a central library again after 8 years without one.

16. Post
    Ok, who drove the van into the window of the Johnsonville medical centre?

17. Post
    Wait what? I was just out there!

18. Post
    Juicy! Pics?
    John D. Rockefeller award for philanthropic wanks

19. Post
    Stay classy J’Vegas

20. Post
    Lethargic wrote:
    Honestly this, w t f
    Standards and/or methodologies change. There has likely been a revision in one or both since the original assessment.

21. Post
    The same thing happened to some buildings here in Christchurch, they were open for quite some time after the quakes and then one day someone comes in and goes nope we've now deemed it isn't safe anymore and is going to need to be demolished. I remember it happened to a block of shops in a seaside suburb here, they got told they had to leave with no warning and then the place was demolished pretty quickly.
    Last edited by HELL KNIGHT; 20th March 2019 at 9:26 pm.

22. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Ok, who drove the van into the window of the Johnsonville medical centre?
    Of all the buildings to crash into. Probably the best option.

23. Post
    Lease is up soon so starting the apartment hunt. Wtf is with no apartments in wellington having a heatpump / aircon or multiple?

If im paying $1000/week for rent, i dont care about an extra $30 to run a heatpump. NZ is backwards as **** :|

24. Post
    Yeah I have no idea why landlords don't chuck them in all properties. The reduction (or total lack of) condensation and resulting damage would probably pay for the device eventually.