[Wellington Forums]

Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.06 average.
(17 votes)
Results 21,951 to 21,975 of 22043

1. Post
    BigLoudRoar wrote:
    They are looking to have integrated all of NZ cross system payment system by mid-2020's.
    That'd be great. Because all the cards are the same (NFC Based) it's just the networks/software that would be effort.

Another note: is there still a list of GPOD Approved eateries in the CBD?

2. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    What?
    *Excuse me

3. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    *Excuse me
    *Pardon

4. Post
    Mithster18 wrote:
    *Pardon
    *I beg your pardon

5. Post
    Dear Wellington,

You were a real treat. Your abundance of life in the CBD scared my fiancee and I who are used to the desolate wasteland that is Christchurch CBD. In fact you have so many people on your inner city footpaths that we were very glad Lime scooters aren't a thing in Wellywood yet, there'll be deaths.

Also, wtf was with the warm weather this weekend? Saturday was grey, but Friday and Sunday we were cooking, we'd brought all our best merinos and then boom, Wellington confounded us.

We ate at Dragonfly and Larettos and enjoyed them both, and even waited 20 minutes for a table at Fidel's for brunch on Sunday, which was a novel experience.

Have to say though - STOP TRYING TO BRING THE MULLET BACK - maybe it was just Cuba St, but holy shit, so many ironic mullets. Also way too many women with bowl cut or bowl cut derived haircuts, sweet Jesus. And obviously granny frames on your glasses and white sneakers are now a thing.

Bonus points for the dedicated goths I saw though, you're a dying breed, but keep shining that dark beacon.

6. Post
    Cuba street gonna Cuba street.

7. Post
    I miss working at the top end of Cuba St, it was just the best people watching experience.

Working in Porirua now, the only fun game is "count the Mongrel Mob patched members around Cobham Court".

8. Post
    Time to move north ED?

9. Post
    AnotherLeon wrote:
    I miss working at the top end of Cuba St, it was just the best people watching experience.

Working in Porirua now, the only fun game is "count the Mongrel Mob patched members around Cobham Court".
    vs the fat chicks in black tights exceeding the recommended maximum ass stretch level by 200%.

10. Post
    AnotherLeon wrote:

It's ever so slightly better now than it used to be without the sails covering the whole court.

My daughter asked to play in the Cobham court playground after we went shopping at North City the other day. Still feels like some prospects might come try rough you up though...

11. Post
    A fastway courier just rang the buzzer, when I opened the door a young lady was coming out the apartment at the same time. Rather than going inside and delivering my mail, he followed her outside into the street trying to talk to her. He followed her half way down the street as she ignored him. He then got back in his van and drove away with my mail still under his arm. I think he forgot that my apartment has a video intercom.
    Last edited by Privoxy; 19th June 2019 at 4:10 pm.

12. Post
    No, that actually sounds like better than the usual Fastway. He at least found the building, so that's something.
    So he probably knows there is a video intercom, and is bucking to get Fastway Courier of the Year award.

13. Post
    Had a fastway signature required parcel the other day, found it in a pot plant (damaged the plant and knocked over an ornament)

14. Post
    So apparently, those Jump scooters are in town now. Any thoughts and costs?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

15. Post
    Any thoughts
    The next person riding one of those ****ing scooters on a footpath and expects me to get out of their way is going to meet my steeled up shoulder.

16. Post
    I saw a couple riding down taranaki street on some flamingos last night. I honestly thought they were going to get smashed by a car at the cenotaph intersection. Then they decided to opt for the footpath from there on instead.

17. Post
    It's going to be a scooter vs bus any day now.

18. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    The next person riding one of those ****ing scooters on a footpath and expects me to get out of their way is going to meet my steeled up shoulder.
    At least they could try and obey the general walking rules, stick to the left and follow the directions of the foot traffic. Don't be the dick hooning towards everyone (saw this on boulcott street yesterday).

19. Post
    Ride on one in the opposite direction with a jousting lance and smash anyone out of line.

20. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    Ride on one in the opposite direction with a jousting lance and smash anyone out of line.

Get some mad max road warrior armour going on.

21. Post
    So the Lime hysteria from the Hutt however many months back, will be now in Wellington, until the novelty of Stuff trying to drum up some more clicks dies off.

22. Post
    GaR wrote:
    If you read "competent independent mechanic" as "dickhead" then I don't know what to tell you.

The guy I take mine to lets me slide on minor shit where VTNZ never would.
    "dickhead" is obviously unfair for someone just doing their job, I'm just whinging about being failed by one guy on something that would be ignored by others. It's like they're fining you.

23. Post
    That reminds me... my car is due for a warrant.

24. Post
    BigLoudRoar wrote:
    Wow why didn't you stay over there! New Zealanders are so polite compared to those elsewhere.
    I'll grant you that retail service people tend to use courtesies more often here but that in no way applies to the public at large.

Privoxy wrote:
    You've obviously never been to Asia.

I leave in a week, won't be back.
    Why are you so sure you won't be back? As with a lot of my friends, we enjoy other places (usually London) more than NZ but most of us still ended up back here.

Edward Diego wrote:
    Dear Wellington,

You were a real treat. Your abundance of life in the CBD scared my fiancee and I who are used to the desolate wasteland that is Christchurch CBD.
    I know you're kidding but have you ever been to an Asian megacity? If you want to be scared by an abundance of life, try downtown Bangkok or Tokyo, it's ****in' mental.

25. Post
    Privoxy you moving to Taipei? Beware, food sucks ass there, no good brunch either.