[Wellington Forums]

Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.06 average.
(17 votes)
Results 22,251 to 22,275 of 22339

1. Post
    Soui wrote:
    I'm part of a Wellington Airport Spotters group on Facebook, they've been talking about it there.

2. Post
    ^that "all nerds clear the launch area" clip would be more appropriate.

3. Post
    Galent wrote:

4. Post
    I'm looking for a central-ish room in town if anyone knows anyone after a new flatmate

5. Post
    Can anyone recommend a good and reasonably priced mechanic in Lower Hutt? Got a Toyota Corolla that needs a couple of things fixed and Toyota usually seen to charge a fortune so wondering if anyone else would be worthwhile.

6. Post
    invisibleman18 wrote:
    Can anyone recommend a good and reasonably priced mechanic in Lower Hutt? Got a Toyota Corolla that needs a couple of things fixed and Toyota usually seen to charge a fortune so wondering if anyone else would be worthwhile.
    The last one I used was Waiwhetu Auto Services - and to be honest the price was pretty reasonable. I've struggled to find a 'fair-ish' mechanic for a while but was pretty impressed by the by.

https://www.waiwhetuautoservices.co.nz/

7. Post
    Thomsen Automotive in Petone are run by a pretty straight up bunch of car guys.

8. Post
    invisibleman18 wrote:
    Advanced Vehicle Servicing are fantastic and very very well priced to the point I sometimes feel bad https://goo.gl/maps/CkDKfpungfHgi7z47

9. Post
    Thanks for those, I'll take a look.

10. Post
    Another beautiful Wellington day! Have been hearing fire truck sirens all day today too.

11. Post
    Is there a version of haveibeenpwned but for searching my phone number?

12. Post
    Why shouldn't I buy a house in Wainuiomata?

Discuss.

13. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Why shouldn't I buy a house in Wainuiomata?

Discuss.
    Public transport isn't great and there's some real ghetto areas.

14. Post
    Real ball ache if you want to go somewhere for a quick nice dinner

15. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Yeah the great circle would normally take it just south of NZ.
    Haven't the jetstreams moved significantly northwards with this breakdown of the Antarctic vortex?

16. Post
    Galent wrote:
    Public transport isn't great and there's some real ghetto areas.
    Also if you work in Wellington City etc you will just get stuck in gridlock on the Esplanade.

17. Post
    Yeah pretty much what I thought about Wanui.

18. Post
    Wanui honestly isn't that bad anymore. Friend owns a house there. House has gone up in value a lot. Zero issues bar traffic.

19. Post
    gikar wrote:
    Also if you work in Wellington City etc you will just get stuck in gridlock on the Esplanade.
    Can confirm this is hell after 3 years living in Petone.

20. Post
    Hitch, the only IRL Hitch hiker on Twitch was in Wellington recently. He liked it a lot.. visited Quasi etc

21. Post
    WTF is up with cyclists, I saw two today run red lights in heavy traffic, one turning right from bowen street onto the terrace - and the other going onto molesworth street from bunny street. In both cases cars had to brake to avoid hitting them. Neither were the usual lycra brigade either. And neither were marginal reds.

22. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    WTF is up with cyclists, I saw two today run red lights in heavy traffic, one turning right from bowen street onto the terrace - and the other going onto molesworth street from bunny street. In both cases cars had to brake to avoid hitting them. Neither were the usual lycra brigade either. And neither were marginal reds.
    I had five drivers pull out on me doing the school run this arvo, therefore all drivers are bad (I was in a car).

23. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    I had five drivers pull out on me doing the school run this arvo, therefore all drivers are bad (I was in a car).
    Some funny logic you use there.

24. Post
    Well you said “wtf is up with cyclists” and then cited two examples of bad riding, so call my post an extrapolation of yours.

25. Post
    I've had two cars almost hit me this week after willfully ignoring stop signs

wtf is up with car drivers