[Wellington Forums]

Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.06 average.
(17 votes)
Results 22,301 to 22,313 of 22313

  1. Post
    ^ You've got a motor yours though, no excuses now

  2. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    ^ You've got a motor yours though, no excuses now
    Lol yes, but it was house shaking gusty at my place today. That’s just not safe to bike in, motor or not.

  3. Post
    Fair enough. I see you are getting gusts up to 74km/h at the moment, it is windy down here in ChCh also, but only gusting up to 50km/h.

    It is however nearly double the temperature here (30c), to go along with that Nor'wester! - air con is working hard.

  4. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    Fair enough. I see you are getting gusts up to 74km/h at the moment, it is windy down here in ChCh also, but only gusting up to 50km/h.

    It is however nearly double the temperature here (30c), to go along with that Nor'wester! - air con is working hard.
    Between 12-2 the average wind speed was over 60. I’d guess gusts were easily over 100.

  5. Post
    Just flew into Dunedin. The entire flight was bumpy af.

  6. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Between 12-2 the average wind speed was over 60. I’d guess gusts were easily over 100.
    Pussy, I used to ride in the Canterbury Nor West gales 20 miles to school in the snow when I was kid... with bare feet.

  7. Post
    I was once literally blown off the road in a Canterbury gale.... i was on a motorcycle. It wasn't much fun.

  8. Post
    I wish we had a little more imagination for cycling infrastructure in this country. There’s a section of cycleway that goes from town in Chch out to Uni, and for decent chunks of it you’re completely separated from the road. Occasionally you have to cross it, but the lights are setup so cyclists have priority and you hit the sensor well before the crossing. It’s ****ing amazing.

    At the other end of the spectrum, we’ve narrowed streets to put in 1m side cycle lanes that are unsafe for cars *and* unsafe for cyclists. More of the first, and everyone’s happy. More of the second, and everyone’s mad. Sigh.

  9. Post
    It would be nice if we had completely separated sealed pedestrian/bike paths like this one in Canada:

  10. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    It would be nice if we had completely separated sealed pedestrian/bike paths like this one in Canada:
    They have these in Portugal, it's ****ing amazing going from work to gym to lunch places etc. However everyone just uses them with lime scooters and the likes, the bike people get really mad about it.

  11. Post
    He is going over 50km/h at points on that DIY fat tyre e-bike (which is a good 20km/h faster than those scooters can do lol). I don't see there being too many problems doing that on a bike path that is as wide as that one and laned.

    As long as you slow down when coming up behind other people and make them aware of your presence, being that electric vehicles are so quite. And then pass safety, like he does.

    I'd have more issue with people who ride those scooters at full tilt amongst pedestrians on your average roadside footpath.

  12. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    He is going over 50km/h at points on that DIY fat tyre e-bike (which is a good 20km/h faster than those scooters can do lol). I don't see there being too many problems doing that on a bike path that is as wide as that one and laned.

    As long as you slow down when coming up behind other people and make them aware of your presence, being that electric vehicles are so quite. And then pass safety, like he does.

    I'd have more issue with people who ride those scooters at full tilt amongst pedestrians on your average roadside footpath.
    All footpaths are uneven tiles so it's impossible to ride scooters on them which is awesome

  13. Post
    Anyone ever lived in the Hanson street apartments, street number 20?