Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.06 average.
(17 votes)
Results 22,201 to 22,221 of 22221

1. Post
    swazi wrote:
    $80 / 20 demerits
    Should be more like $2500.

2. Post
    Are coupon parking spaces time limited on weekends?

3. Post
    Nah, you should be good until 8am tomorrow.

4. Post
    Just watch out for the hidden clearway signs...

5. Post
    Galent wrote:
    Nah, you should be good until 8am tomorrow.
    Legend. Occasionally I will leave my car in town and pick it up the next day (beersies), I had always thought I had to move it by 10am for some reason

6. Post

7. Post
    Typical NZ council future planning skills at work.

Installing expensive EV charges on busy streets in suburbs where the people who park there can't afford an EV, so now there is just one permanent open parking space, yay.

Local residents are complaining because no one actually has an EV.

Next up will be Auckland council installing EV's in Otara - gotta get those emissions down.

8. Post
    What street and suburb is that?

9. Post
    Holloway Rd, Aro Valley.

10. Post
    On Aro Valley's Holloway Rd, four people in a stretch of about 10 homes had asked for a charging station, "that's why we're going to run a trial there".

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/109...or-the-suburbs
    It will encourage electric vehicles, but personally I don't see the point in purely electric vehicles (vs hybrids) because we still use fossil fuel based power generation in NZ. If we switched to 100% renewable or nuclear then it would make sense.

11. Post
    That story sounds like it is to cater for the 17k residents that don't have garages to charge their EVs.

Which was probably down to shit housing planning back in the day.

A house without a garage or off street parking would never be a go for me.

INB4 just don't own a car in Welly hue comments...

12. Post
    BigLoudRoar wrote:

#JustSerepisosThings

13. Post
    kiwijunglist wrote:
    It will encourage electric vehicles, but personally I don't see the point in purely electric vehicles (vs hybrids) because we still use fossil fuel based power generation in NZ. If we switched to 100% renewable or nuclear then it would make sense.
    Nope. That argument makes no sense and it's getting tedious seeing it trotted out constantly.

14. Post
    kiwijunglist wrote:
    The only time NZ really uses fossil fuel power generation is during peak evening load. So you can still get ~10 hours charge overnight (or during the day if you can park in a charging spot) with 100% renewable energy.

15. Post
    kiwijunglist wrote:
    Lol.

We're like over 80% renewable energy in NZ.

16. Post
    lol public transports broken again.

17. Post
    Way to go Lester.

18. Post
    Learn to council. That is GWRCs responsibility.

19. Post
    I work in the same building as the GWRC and they seem like such miserable people some days haha.

20. Post
    BigLoudRoar wrote:
    Learn to council. That is GWRCs responsibility.
    We had a working transport system. He changed it. Now we have this.

21. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Lol.

We're like over 80% renewable energy in NZ.
    Plus, if you're doing a lot of short run miles, it's fricken cheap ... I've got a Leaf (as well as three petrol cars), and I'm doing about 2000km / month, which is saving me $300 a month (ish).

So even if you're not doing it for the environmental point of view, from the money saving point of view, for me, it's pretty sweet.

NB: I'm not advocating, I don't care, just figured that the $ point of view from somebody who isn't lying through their teeth to push an agenda probably wouldn't hut.