[Wellington Forums]

Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.06 average.
(17 votes)
Results 22,226 to 22,250 of 22261

1. Post
    Strange, I didn't feel a thing and the cat wasn't even bothered.

2. Post
    Meh quake

3. Post
    is it acceptable to start shoulder checking the tree huggers who walk 5 abreast and refuse to move when people are walking towards them?

4. Post
    LiQuid.Ace wrote:
    is it acceptable to start shoulder checking the tree huggers who walk 5 abreast and refuse to move when people are walking towards them?
    no.

5. Post
    LiQuid.Ace wrote:
    Haha, i actually did that the other day here in Hamilton while i was walking one of my dogs. Saw me coming, expected me to walk on the road when they were all just standing there having a chinwag. Much outrage, so shocked, wow.

6. Post
    Oi who turned the heater off?

7. Post
    Let's glue our hands to doors guys.

8. Post
    Apparently some tard glues his hands to a car then required assistance when the metal started to heat in the sun.

9. Post
    Lie in. That'll get the message across.

10. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Apparently some tard glues his hands to a car then required assistance when the metal started to heat in the sun.
    LMAO

that's almost as dumb as trying to get people to declare an emergency for a problem but actually having no plan or anything of value to offer to actually try fix the problem

11. Post
    The dumbarses were protesting on the corner of bowen st and lambton quay. So all the buses exiting the bus terminal at the railway station were stacked up engines idling (20-30 buses), and apparently it's the same down lambton quay.

Well done you stupid greenie kents, you f**ked public transport in wellington (who would use it now when it's so unreliable) and caused more carbon emissions with the buses just sitting there.

12. Post
    Yea I don’t think pissing off an entire city is going to win you many supporters. I too saw the irony in them blocking people taking public transport.

13. Post
    I bet they're all vegans!

14. Post
    What's the point of protests - to get noticed, and possibly because of that, advance a cause.

A non-disruptive protest rarely gains attention.
    A disruptive protest generally creates resistance not sympathy.

Not really sure what the right balance in there is, but people can't separate out thoughts for a cause from someone slightly inconveniencing their day. Pretty indicative of where our motivations lie huh.

Certainly they got much more press than they would have otherwise by threatening to disrupt wellington though.

15. Post
    They could just try and start a political party, or become mps. Ya know, drive change from inside the system.

16. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    They could just try and start a political party, or become mps. Ya know, drive change from inside the system.
    Like Ghandi you mean?

Or Mandela?

17. Post
    Eldon wrote:
    What's the point of protests - to get noticed, and possibly because of that, advance a cause.

A non-disruptive protest rarely gains attention.
    A disruptive protest generally creates resistance not sympathy.

Not really sure what the right balance in there is, but people can't separate out thoughts for a cause from someone slightly inconveniencing their day. Pretty indicative of where our motivations lie huh.

Certainly they got much more press than they would have otherwise by threatening to disrupt wellington though.
    Given they probably created more carbon emissions, and forced public transport into unreliability (which in Wgtn it doesn't need right now). I think most wellingtonians think they are just idiots and have probably given the climate-change-deniers more ammo.

18. Post
    Yeah but Wellington is tiny. Overall it would be a gain for them I'd bet

19. Post
    Well I hear Melbournes getting a nudie protest as part of their one.

20. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Given they probably created more carbon emissions, and forced public transport into unreliability (which in Wgtn it doesn't need right now). I think most wellingtonians think they are just idiots and have probably given the climate-change-deniers more ammo.
    I agree, but it's easy to hate protesters - there's some kind of expectation that you have to live like a martyr in everything you do if you want to see Government level reform but it's just not true. I want higher/progressive tax rates but you don't see me throwing more money at the IRD (not that I could). Sure there's some hypocrisy in it but also some unreasonableness in the way we view people engaged in any activism.

21. Post
    Huh, saw something really high and big flying over this arvo leaving contrails heading west to east. Checked flightradar24 and it's a flight from Sydney to Santiago. Didn't think they come over this way?

22. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Huh, saw something really high and big flying over this arvo leaving contrails heading west to east. Checked flightradar24 and it's a flight from Sydney to Santiago. Didn't think they come over this way?
    Yeah the great circle would normally take it just south of NZ.

23. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Never seen that. I saw the Buenos Aires to Sydney flight quite often when living in Dunedin.

24. Post
    Interesting. I always thought they'd go the other direction from Aus to SA.

25. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    It's just taken on that route, from what I understand.

It's the third time this week it's been spotted in Wellington.

I'm part of a Wellington Airport Spotters group on Facebook, they've been talking about it there.