Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

http://www.parallelimported.co.nz?

I would like to know if anyone's bought from this website? how was the service and the delivery time? and what you bought from them as well. ALso if anyone had to get their item fixed, was everythign dealt properly?

http://www.parallelimported.co.nz

2. Post
    They're shit. End of story.

3. Post
    All these parallel importing businesses seem to be selling iphones for more than Vodafone do

4. Post
    Stevie wrote:

5. Post
    Stevie wrote:

6. Post
    Stevie wrote:
    End of shit. They're story.

7. Post
    IMHO I would not trust them.

8. Post
    lol. all of you guys that say its shit, have you bought soemthing from them>?

i wanna buy a new camera like this one http://www.parallelimported.co.nz/ca...dium=cpc#third

its real cheap but i wanna see if anyones bought from them. they have stores in auckland so they must be legit?

9. Post
    They use to have a shop near me but not anymore, used them like twice didn't have a problem.

10. Post
    Stevie wrote:
    Here have some evidence to back this up. http://www.gpforums.co.nz/thread/297771/?s=

11. Post
    eXDee wrote:
    Here have some evidence to back this up. http://www.gpforums.co.nz/thread/297771/?s=
    wow 1 1/2 stars.... really that bad?

they seem to be ok excpt for after sale support...?

12. Post
    Dirty_hound wrote:
    lol. all of you guys that say its shit, have you bought soemthing from them>?

i wanna buy a new camera like this one http://www.parallelimported.co.nz/ca...dium=cpc#third

its real cheap but i wanna see if anyones bought from them. they have stores in auckland so they must be legit?
    They are legit but shit, unless you want things like cologne.

13. Post
    Dirty_hound wrote:
    wow 1 1/2 stars.... really that bad?

they seem to be ok excpt for after sale support...?
    Thats the idea. It requires minimal effort to take your money and send you the product. From then on if anything goes wrong with it, thats what seperates out the retailers.

You might think, hey i'll be fine. I wont have issues with it because i'll be careful etc. Doesn't matter, stuff isnt made to last anymore and things crap out. Especially cheap digital cameras. I work in a retail store and ive seen plenty of cheap cameras come back with lens errors/wont read memory cards/simply wont turn on.

You'll regret you didnt pay $20 extra and get it from somewhere better, i returned a cooler to computerlounge last week because the fan failed. Something as simple as a fan managed to fail (which they promptly replaced ). Thinking with your wallet isnt always best.

14. Post
    I've bought about 3 things from them, never again.

The first thing I bought was my mums phone (k500i) - the ONLY thing which didn't have any problems - I'm sure if it did I would have issues with getting another. The second was a k750i phone, one of the buttons literally popped off after 2 weeks of use. It took 4 weeks of fighting with them to get me a replacement and then they only got me a refurbished one. The 3rd and last thing was a car stereo system which after we bought home realised was a second hand one which was returned already (It had heaps of scratches on the sides, where it slides in, and some small parts missing). We didn't bother returning/arguing with them this time because they are a long drive away - never again.

15. Post
    Therk wrote:
    I've bought about 3 things from them, never again.

The first thing I bought was my mums phone (k500i) - the ONLY thing which didn't have any problems - I'm sure if it did I would have issues with getting another. The second was a k750i phone, one of the buttons literally popped off after 2 weeks of use. It took 4 weeks of fighting with them to get me a replacement and then they only got me a refurbished one. The 3rd and last thing was a car stereo system which after we bought home realised was a second hand one which was returned already (It had heaps of scratches on the sides, where it slides in, and some small parts missing). We didn't bother returning/arguing with them this time because they are a long drive away - never again.
    Should have just brung up the consumer guarantees act and said if you didn't get a replacement you'd sue for breaching the law.

16. Post
    Ive bought from parrallel imports before but not online... only by walking into the store and putrchasing service was good... cept the guy proceeded to tell me that one subwoofer was really really good for $100 :\ when i know exactly what i wanted he just kept going on about the other one.... UGH shut up newb~

17. Post
    They've been around for a long time, started off as a small store off constellation drive, and their products have been dodge from day one.

I bought a refurbished phone (I know) from their original store, and the volume on it got quieter every day over a week, so we went to return it. I dealt with the owner at the time who basically said "Oh those are quite a bit quieter than other phones, it's normal". I was just a kid, so went with that.

Told my older brother what happened, he checked it out and said the guy was full of shit. He took it back and said that it was faulty, and they agreed and swapped it with what they said was a NEW phone, and apparently went on about how good a deal that was considering we were getting a new phone after paying for a refurb. My brother asked if he could test it their to make sure it worked, the guys said sure, and called the phone after putting a sim card in it.

My brother, into the phone: "Can you hear me?"
    Salesman: "Yep, loud and clear"
    My brother: "Well I can't hear you"

So this supposedly new phone was stuffed fresh out of the box. Apparently the guy wasn't happy about forking over a refund, pretty much handed over the cash and stormed off out the back.

Have also had a few friends have trouble getting warranty service/ replacements for car stereos they have bought.

18. Post
    They are only good for buying el cheapo stuff.. I'd get stuff from a different store matey like harvey norman or Noel leeming etc..

19. Post
    or jb hifi.. rather than harvey gayman.
    appliance shed also are great.

20. Post
    Stevie wrote:

21. Post
    Patriotnz wrote:
    As per above, you may as well treat parallel imported as a second hand store, with a warranty policy to match.
    Think of them as a TradeMe shop, overpriced with no backup, but everyone thinks they're getting a bargain because of the name.

22. Post
    They're probably fine for that cheap camera so long as you have no expectations of after sales service, then again everyone sells cameras at that pricepoint anyway.

23. Post
    I bought some infinity reference car speakers from their online store. Had no problems.

24. Post
    I have no experience with the online store but based on in store purchases/experiences PI can eat dick tbh.
    wellns87

25. Post
    Thanks for the details everyone, its greatly appreciated. Yeh i saw a deal at dicksmith for that camera for $230 and it comes with 4gb memory card and camera bag, and i can buy extended warranty, ill be buying from dicksmith instead even if it is more expensive