Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Arrow

Preview: BioShock 2

Prior to BioShock, the water effects in First-Person Shooters was always kind of, well, average. Lakes, rivers, waterfalls had all been represented in games with vary degrees of success, but they never really looked integrated. It was hard to convince yourself that the pale blue, non-reflective, utterly immobile ocean you were standing next to had taken the developers more than a few minutes to assign to the "too hard" basket, along with presumably their desire to ever really write a story around it. Yeah, Far Cry and HalfLife 2 had some pretty good water effects when BioShock hit the market as well, but it always seemed that BioShock used water as an actual conduit for the story.
    Read more here.

2. Post
    not long now, looking forward to it

3. Post
    Can't wait, the first was/is one of my all time favorites.

4. Post
    agreed dst, even tho some would say it didnt/doest live up to games such as system shock 2 etc, i found a drive to play the game and enjoy it in amongst the hordes of shit games that are actually out or were released around the same time.

Bring on travelling underwater in a big daddy suit

5. Post
    8/10

6. Post
    This game will be awesome, I loved the first.

7. Post
    I hope they add more stuff to make this game less linear than the previous entry

Got bored about halfway through and never ended up completing it

8. Post
    You should Bt, there's an uh...plot twist that's pretty awesome >.>
    Spoiler:

9. Post
    One of my favourite things in the first was to creatively kill. my favourite recipe was to put a big daddy on ice, liberally apply trapbolts to said big daddy, stand well back and thaw.
    Hopefully number 2 will allow such sadistic pleasure.

10. Post
    Is it coming packed with DRM this time?

11. Post
    I really didn't like the first one. It felt like a boring, linear console shooter to me, and I could only play 30 mins in before the boredom overcame me and I never played it again.

:/

12. Post
    sanx! wrote:
    You should Bt, there's an uh...plot twist that's pretty awesome >.>
    Spoiler:
    Yet pretty much a ripoff of the twist in ss2

13. Post
    ^Indeed, the game is just a dumbed down ripoff of system shock to me

14. Post
    I wonder if we're going to see the general gaming forum plastered with 65535 threads about bioshock 2.

15. Post
    Just played through Bioshock AGAIN last week and I still love it. Bring on 9/2/10!!!

16. Post
    Xev wrote:
    I really didn't like the first one. It felt like a boring, linear console shooter to me, and I could only play 30 mins in before the boredom overcame me and I never played it again.

:/

Intresting story + amazing graphics (especially water), (for a console), (in 07).

Plasmids made for intresting combat situations.

Good voice acting.

I loved every bit of it. (except the insta respawn tanks, made game a bit too easy).

17. Post
    Eagle wrote:
    ^Indeed, the game is just a dumbed down ripoff of system shock to me

18. Post
    Now that I've got a PC that can handle it, anyone care to encourage me to try BioShock? Worth playing it prior to the sequel?

19. Post
    Definitely - just don't mentally compare it to system shock and you'll find it's a decent FPS.

20. Post
    BioShock is worth the purchase. Get it on PC for best experience.

21. Post
    iRoN wrote:
    Now that I've got a PC that can handle it, anyone care to encourage me to try BioShock? Worth playing it prior to the sequel?
    If you've never played it before at all, then I think its worth a buy, I thought it was a great game and still is. I'm thinking about buying it for PC now that mine will run it good. I played it on Xbox 360.

22. Post
    I enjoyed it but went into it knowing it was going to be a dumbed down version of SS2.
    Cant wait for a new Bioshock though.
    its a tossup on this or AVP cause they both come out around the same time dont they?

23. Post
    dont like bioshock

24. Post
    Might reinstall it again after this thread

Give it a proper chance

25. Post
    The fact Bioshock draws comparisons to SS2 always amuses me. I know it's supposed to be a 'spiritual successor' or whatever, but I can't help but think people are talking themselves out of enjoying it.

Example:

"Bioshock is good, but not as good as SS2"

Now again, but without the SS2 reference:

"Bioshock is good"

I enjoyed SS2 as much as anyone back in the day, but I find you can't keep judging everything on games you played 'back in the days', as nostalgia has a habit of twisting them into unstoppable juggernauts of awesome-ness that nothing you play for the rest of your life will stack up to.

Also looking forward to Bioshock 2, and System Shock 3 if it ever happens.