Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 3315

1. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    I really want a A7iii, but only have Canon glass and the different adapter reviews are a mixed bag. :/
    I wouldn't really recommend adapting glass for stills (it's ok for manual focus in video though). I ****ing love my A7III + 24-70 GM combo. Sell your Canon glass and buy native. It's worth the switch for Eye-AF alone.

2. Post
    I can't be bothered selling all my lenses and I only ever shoot single point anyways. I may as well just go for the 5D IV.
    I'm worried on how the adapter will handle low light and focusing fast and sharp enough.

3. Post
    Hey team, my partner is looking at getting a decent camera for her business.
    She's a designer but does a lot of social media stuff and wants to make some higher quality videos. Does anyone have any recommendations and a price range we should be looking at? Neither of us know anything about camera tech

4. Post
    jdz wrote:
    Hey team, my partner is looking at getting a decent camera for her business.
    She's a designer but does a lot of social media stuff and wants to make some higher quality videos. Does anyone have any recommendations and a price range we should be looking at? Neither of us know anything about camera tech
    If you're new into this kinda of stuff, im going to recommend something small and light so something like a Sony a6500. good for both photo and video. The camera is one thing, but also having the right lens is also important. is second hand an option?

5. Post
    Weegee wrote:
    If you're new into this kinda of stuff, im going to recommend something small and light so something like a Sony a6500. good for both photo and video. The camera is one thing, but also having the right lens is also important. is second hand an option?
    +1 for the A6500 (or the A6300, if you're on a budget). Re lenses - the best all-round lens for those cameras, that won't break the bank, is probably the 18-105 f/4.

She'll benefit from a decent mic as well. Rode VideoMic Pro is brilliant, but there should be cheaper ones that are good if that's outside your budget.

6. Post
    Weegee wrote:
    Thanks I'll check that out.
    Second hand is definitely an option, we're on a pretty limited when it comes to our budget.

7. Post
    jdz wrote:
    Thanks I'll check that out.
    Second hand is definitely an option, we're on a pretty limited when it comes to our budget.
    What is the most you're prepared to spend? That'll help a lot with suggestions

8. Post
    theradio wrote:
    +1 for the A6500 (or the A6300, if you're on a budget). Re lenses - the best all-round lens for those cameras, that won't break the bank, is probably the 18-105 f/4.

She'll benefit from a decent mic as well. Rode VideoMic Pro is brilliant, but there should be cheaper ones that are good if that's outside your budget.
    Ehhh.... That lens is cool but it has a metric boatload of distortion on both ends... The other thing... I'm not sure how long Sony is going to be interested in APS-C. There are some other better options such as Fuji APS-C cameras if you have some more money to spend. You can even also consider Micro Four Thirds as a good all round starting point that gives you several options depending on what you're interested in doing.

9. Post
    Hey team, I'll be back in NZ in Feb and just wondering if anyone has the Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens for sale. It came as a kit lens with the A6000 A6300 and A6500 iirc.

10. Post
    Roumelio wrote:
    Ehhh.... That lens is cool but it has a metric boatload of distortion on both ends... The other thing... I'm not sure how long Sony is going to be interested in APS-C. There are some other better options such as Fuji APS-C cameras if you have some more money to spend. You can even also consider Micro Four Thirds as a good all round starting point that gives you several options depending on what you're interested in doing.
    Agree with all of this except your comment about Sony losing interest in APS-C... there's another camera line in the pipeline according to fairly substantiated rumors. Something APS-C but larger form factor - I'm guessing more in line with the GH5/XT3 etc.

Their APS-C cameras sell ridiculously well. The A6000 still sells very well and it's 5-year-old tech. There's no chance that they'll put all their eggs in the full frame basket, especially now that practically every other major manufacturer has joined the party.

11. Post
    Can anyone recommend a good travel compact? Want something I can slip into my pocket. Budget upto 1k.

12. Post
    Zomber wrote:
    Can anyone recommend a good travel compact? Want something I can slip into my pocket. Budget upto 1k.
    DSLR or a high end phone tbh. Sure you'll miss out on a bigger zoom, but meh.

13. Post
    Zomber wrote:
    How big are your pockets? Would an A6000 be too big?

14. Post
    Zomber wrote:
    https://www.photowarehouse.co.nz/sho...ii-20mp-zeiss/

15. Post
    I think the a6000 is a bit too big. Went to pro gear over the weekend and had a look at the tz220 which is really nice but so is the sony which seems to be the go to.