Page 1 of 51 123411 ... Last

1. Post
    New 'trailer'....obviously no gameplay, but meh.

Obsidian are doing this one. We shall see how it goes, hopefully their story writing skills are better than Bethesdas.

2. Post
    Am keen for any more Fallout joy, looks cool.

There's a tiny bit of info on the Fallout site, but not enough! http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/games/fnv-overview.html

3. Post
    Yeah even though there's no gameplay it sets the anticipation meter in motion. Am keen

4. Post
    this looks good ill be keen to grab it

ive gotten back into fallout 3 at the mo - although i cant go anywhere near rivet city now cause i pinched a .44 revolver from a random footlocker and now the whole place hates me

i just hope to high hell that new vegas doesnt use GFWL - its literally a game breaker for fallout 3 it causes that much trouble and problems and im only playing it because i like it that much i was able to wade through the acres of shit GFWL brings to the table

5. Post
    be been to play that, although it'll be coming out sometime in november/december this year. i hope they add some weapon customisation abilities into the game.

6. Post
    Was I the only one experiencing deja vu when watching this trailer? When they zoomed out on the guy in armour I was shouting "don't you dare turn your head towards the camera! Don't you dare!"

7. Post
    MAC_HATER wrote:
    i just hope to high hell that new vegas doesnt use GFWL - its literally a game breaker for fallout 3 it causes that much trouble and problems and im only playing it because i like it that much i was able to wade through the acres of shit GFWL brings to the table
    From the New Vegas FAQ

Is Fallout New Vegas a Games for Windows title? Will it require Windows?
    Fallout: New Vegas is a Games for Windows title. As such, you’ll be able to use an Xbox 360 controller if you choose. New Vegas will run with Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7.
    Gutted, Ill still pick it up, Tbh I've never really had GfWL or Steam issues etc

8. Post
    i could never buy any of the DLC on GFWL
    Had the credit card in hand but it just wouldnt take me to the payment screen.
    Eventually i just gave up.

9. Post
    HerbalSuicide wrote:
    Uses GFWL
    [img]http://api.ning.com/files/1Vky3OVlWjvHpg6fN3HCeB89lb*L5lg3toJu7iJc-mN3NNn1QOANGrATHIqJyano8GnYl7mi0OrVXOeg3Y5jjCV4T2AiIhlm/fffuuu.gif[/img]

****! now im torn - i really want to play it - but i dont want to have to **** around doing chores just to play it

10. Post
    MAC_HATER wrote:
    [img]http://api.ning.com/files/1Vky3OVlWjvHpg6fN3HCeB89lb*L5lg3toJu7iJc-mN3NNn1QOANGrATHIqJyano8GnYl7mi0OrVXOeg3Y5jjCV4T2AiIhlm/fffuuu.gif[/img]

****! now im torn - i really want to play it - but i dont want to have to **** around doing chores just to play it

Never had problems with it personally. Sign in and im away

11. Post
    Thanks for posting Wally, am really excited about this NV - a Fallout 3-esque title from more or less the developer of Fallout 1 & 2.
    Is Fallout New Vegas a Games for Windows title? Will it require Windows?
    Fallout: New Vegas is a Games for Windows title. As such, you’ll be able to use an Xbox 360 controller if you choose. New Vegas will run with Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7.
    *sigh* I thought people would know by now that there's a HUGE difference between GfW certification and the GfW Live service? The former is a series of certification checks so that the game can slap "Games for Windows" on the box and receive some free advertising from MS, like whether or not it's 64-bit compatible, supports widescreen resolutions, has native 360 gamepad support, etc.

Sniper_X wrote:
    Had the credit card in hand but it just wouldnt take me to the payment screen.
    Never thought to buy the Xbox Live MS Points cards available from pretty much any game shop?

MAC_HATER wrote:
    You do realise that you could play through the entirety of Fallout 3 without ever interacting with GfWL? There was also always the Live Disabler tool.

12. Post
    Xev wrote:
    Never had problems with it personally. Sign in and im away
    i had it installed for 6 months when it decided i didint own any of the DLC's anymore and deleted them too

it took a good 6 hours of ****ing round reinstalling the game and GFWL after RE buying the DLC's (that really ****ed me off) to finally get the 2 working together again - by then id had enough and gave up playing the game

its down to each case and im sure some people get real good times with GFWL but **** im gonna avoid it when i can as i cant be ****ed doing chores to play a game

13. Post
    i'm keen, got fallout 3 for my birthday when it was released same day at dick smith!

14. Post
    Not sure how keen I am on this yet. I never played the early Fallout games, but I loved Bethesdas take on the series.

We'll have to see how Obsidian do. Weren't they behind KOTOR2? (Cringe)

15. Post
    Xev wrote:
    We'll have to see how Obsidian do. Weren't they behind KOTOR2? (Cringe)
    Yeah, but I can't really hold them at fault. They didn't want to release the game in that state. If you want someone to blame, take a look a LucasArts and their desire to make some quick cash over the holiday season.

---
    Hampton. Oh, do not ask where the lemonade is made.

16. Post
    Yeah, and I actually quite enjoyed NWN2. The engine is fairly solid now, with any luck they can make the environment less sterile than Bethesda's efforts (that may sound overly harsh, I loved Fallout 3 I just thought it needed a touch of Bioware's charm)

Never had a problem with GFWL tbh, and even if I did, it's pretty easy to get around. The way some people carry on about these services you'd think they'd raped your sister or something

Still, I reckon it'd be pretty hard to recreate the 'feel' of the original Fallouts (which I still think are superior games)

17. Post
    H wrote:
    Yeah, but I can't really hold them at fault. They didn't want to release the game in that state. If you want someone to blame, take a look a LucasArts and their desire to make some quick cash over the holiday season.

---
    Hampton. Oh, do not ask where the lemonade is made.
    Yeah I understand this, but regardless, I am still very bitter over it. Started out so well then embarked on a decline steeper than the sonic franchise.

18. Post
    Thats a bit harsh

19. Post
    Prelithe wrote:
    When they zoomed out on the guy in armour I was shouting "don't you dare turn your head towards the camera! Don't you dare!"

20. Post
    Some info released in the newest game informer.
    There is an optional hardcore mode, the character needs to drink water, ammo has weight, healing isn't instant etc. Normal mode is more similar to Fallout 3 gameplay.
    Sounds great. I loved the first 2 Fallout games, but although excellent I felt Fallout 3 had something missing. Hopefully Obsidian (has former members from F1 and 2 development teams) can bring back the feel of the first two games.

More at this page: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_b...gazines_emerge

21. Post
    I'm looking forward to this.

Also looking at getting the Fallout GOTY edition (with all the expansion packs) - I have the orig but don't have enough bandwidth to download all the DLC's. Worth it or no?

22. Post
    First official preview/screenshots/info taken from some scans of PCGamer magazine. Not a whole lot to see really, but there ya go..

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

It's definitely the same ol' GameBryo engine being used again, no doubt about that. Hopefully they've made some improvements to it though, the character animations in F3 in particular were ****ing terrible :/

"Fallout 3 was fun. Amazing. But New Vegas has a sense of humour the original lacked. Also a sense of style, and a feel for the Fallout universe that you can only get from the team that originally created it."
    "A lot of people asked for more options with melee weapons in VATS", says Josh. "So what we've done to address that is every melee weapon has a special move. In this case, with the golf club it's called 'Fore!'. Josh's characters takes a swing directly to his opponent's testicles. "It's useful, because it can knock down the opponent." No kidding.
    Groin targeting is back?

23. Post
    I think S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a superior game to Fallout 3.

24. Post
    ErAd wrote:
    I think S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a superior game to Fallout 3.
    I could never get into Stalker as much as Fallout 3 :/

25. Post
    Haha stalker