1. Post
    One of the mates I game with regularly just moved to a new place and is using the Telecom provided Thomson ST536 as his ADSL modem/router.

He's getting disconnections during Left 4 Dead 2 and other odd problems like not being able to join Company of Heroes games (NAT negotiation errors) using Steam.

I know I've seen a solution for this on gpforums before I just cant remember it or find it right now. I think there was a KB article on steam about problems with Thomson's but I don't appear to be able to find that either!

Google fu appears to be weak today.

I'm sure someone here remembers what the fix is.. any idea?

2. Post
    Hmm think I've found the fix

Refer to:
    http://supportwiki.steampowered.com/...ection_Problem

Basically Telnet into the router and remove the GAME binding as it tends to munt connections

1: Open the command prompt (start > run > cmd)
    2: Type "telnet 192.168.1.254"
    3: Login as: Administrator (default password should be blank/empty or "admin")
    4: Enter the command: connection bindlist and press enter
    5: Enter the command: connection unbind application=GAME(UDP) port=27010-27011
    6: Reboot router
    7: Restart steam

Pretty odd bug/fault, this crap reminds me why I never use/take the ISP provided modem.

3. Post
    Sounds like the ports aren't being forwarded (can be done by assigning a "Game" in the Thomson GUI to the connected device)

4. Post
    Ragnor wrote:
    Pretty odd bug/fault,
    If it were a Cisco it would be called a 'feature' and not a bug

5. Post
    insane wrote:
    And it would cost more for that feature.

6. Post
    insane wrote:
    Its more likely that in one version of IOS its a bug, in another its a feature, and on another is not a feature or a bug