Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 46

  1. Arrow
    #1

    Bad Company 2 for PC reviewed

    Review by James Cullinane;

    Even now, the internet ionises as gamers prepare to take sides in what will no doubt be a forum-flaming battle of rampant fanboyism. Be assured: digital faeces will be flung; someone will say “no u”; moderators will stay up late wearily wading through the yapping and the dung as if they were the proprietors of a Chihuahua kennel with global reach.

    But when it comes to the PC, there is no elephant in the room. Last year’s woefully disappointing console port of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 to the PC bears no comparison to DICE’s latest instalment in the Battlefield series.
    Read more here.

  2. Post
    #2
    Choice I can't wait!

  3. Post
    #3
    Good review. Sad to see the game is still using toggle aim. I want hold-aim so badly. Hope they add this in the future. Otherwise looks like a good gane, Friday can't come fast enough

  4. Post
    #4
    Massive~

    ps. Toggle aim ftw.

  5. Post
    #5
    Hopefully there is a really good online community behind BC2.

  6. Post
    #6
    void wrote:
    Hopefully there is a really good online community behind BC2.
    I'll be active no doubt, just hope others aren't all jaded from MW2.

  7. Post
    #7
    void wrote:
    Hopefully there is a really good online community behind BC2.
    With reviews like this Im sure there will be. Already pre ordered and just waiting for Friday.

  8. Post
    #8
    Squad Deathmatch pits four squads against one another
    xD that would be intense

    Strange that you don't mention whether the video performance of the game has been tweaked from the beta. I know that's a big game maker for a lot of people still deciding.

  9. Post
    #9
    refused wrote:
    xD that would be intense

    Strange that you don't mention whether the video performance of the game has been tweaked from the beta. I know that's a big game maker for a lot of people still deciding.
    would be hard to say without testing it on a variety of hardware setups (and operating systems), there is a good blog post on the official BC2 thing concerning the PC graphics however.

    personally can't wait, just a shame i'll probably be a bit on the drunken side when i first get my fingers on it

  10. Post
    #10
    It's too buggy and lazily unoptimised for my taste, but I might check it out again if I ever upgrade.

  11. Post
    #11
    Sight toggling is a significant oversight indeed, though throughout the beta I didn't once miss not having prone, nor was I ever in a situation where I was crouched long enough to feel that it warranted a toggle button.

    Just my opinion of course - I can definitely see why more reconnaissance oriented players would welcome prone in particular.

    Bring on the NZ release!

  12. Post
    #12
    aim toggle is personal preference tbh.. once you get use to it, it really isn't much of a difference.

  13. Post
    #13
    Does James Cullinane = JC?

    unfortunately this game has been "bumped" down my list by napoleon total war, but I intend to buy it someday!

  14. Post
    #14
    HerbalSuicide wrote:
    Does James Cullinane = JC?

    unfortunately this game has been "bumped" down my list by napoleon total war, but I intend to buy it someday!
    JC = Jesus Crowbar, who is also called James, however it's a different person. We get confused too

  15. Post
    #15
    I wish I had a power beard.

  16. Post
    #16
    Shadowraith wrote:
    Sight toggling is a significant oversight indeed, though throughout the beta I didn't once miss not having prone, nor was I ever in a situation where I was crouched long enough to feel that it warranted a toggle button.

    Just my opinion of course - I can definitely see why more reconnaissance oriented players would welcome prone in particular.

    Bring on the NZ release!
    A sniper that cant prone is ****ing retarded. so insted you are forced to glitch in tree trunks ftw like bfbc1......

  17. Post
    #17
    Cloaker wrote:
    aim toggle is personal preference tbh.. once you get use to it, it really isn't much of a difference.
    major diffrence actually. Once you starts using aim-hold you see much more responsive and accurate it is.

  18. Post
    #18
    Has GP scored anything under 8 before in their reviews

  19. Post
    #19
    GP doesn't review trash.

    But yes, plenty of stuff.

    ps. Metacritic has it at 89%

  20. Post
    #20
    Bt wrote:
    Has GP scored anything under 8 before in their reviews
    Mad Moxxi not too long ago scored what, 4/10?

  21. Post
    #21
    Cloaker wrote:
    aim toggle is personal preference tbh.. once you get use to it, it really isn't much of a difference.
    Yep, I used to think toggling sucked, but actually it turned out to be exactly the same and just a matter of getting used to. Pity about prone though.

  22. Post
    #22
    FFS it's just a game. If you want to go prone buy a real rifle and go shoot some rabbits.

  23. Post
    #23
    Zerulas wrote:
    It's too buggy and lazily unoptimised for my taste, but I might check it out again if I ever upgrade.
    Sweet when did you get to play the retail version?

  24. Post
    #24
    Bt wrote:
    Has GP scored anything under 8 before in their reviews
    Yes, they gave MW2 a 7/10

  25. Post
    #25
    kapusta wrote:
    Yep, I used to think toggling sucked, but actually it turned out to be exactly the same and just a matter of getting used to. Pity about prone though.
    Technicly its not.

    With toggle, to aim in I have to press the mouse button once. Then when I want to un-aim, I must press mouse button again, that is 2 mouse button clicks.

    With hold aim, I simply press and hold the mouse button and as soon as I let go it un-aim's. Thus I only have to press it once. 1 mouse click.

    One extra mouse click doesnt seem like much on paper, but in-game, especially in CQC, you might want to un-aim quickly to shoot down a close enemy, but that extra mouse click to un-aim gets you killed.