Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Arrow

Bad Company 2 for PC reviewed

Review by James Cullinane;

Even now, the internet ionises as gamers prepare to take sides in what will no doubt be a forum-flaming battle of rampant fanboyism. Be assured: digital faeces will be flung; someone will say “no u”; moderators will stay up late wearily wading through the yapping and the dung as if they were the proprietors of a Chihuahua kennel with global reach.

But when it comes to the PC, there is no elephant in the room. Last year’s woefully disappointing console port of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 to the PC bears no comparison to DICE’s latest instalment in the Battlefield series.
    Read more here.

2. Post
    Choice I can't wait!

3. Post
    Good review. Sad to see the game is still using toggle aim. I want hold-aim so badly. Hope they add this in the future. Otherwise looks like a good gane, Friday can't come fast enough

4. Post
    Massive~

ps. Toggle aim ftw.

5. Post
    Hopefully there is a really good online community behind BC2.

6. Post
    void wrote:
    I'll be active no doubt, just hope others aren't all jaded from MW2.

7. Post
    void wrote:
    With reviews like this Im sure there will be. Already pre ordered and just waiting for Friday.

8. Post
    Squad Deathmatch pits four squads against one another
    xD that would be intense

Strange that you don't mention whether the video performance of the game has been tweaked from the beta. I know that's a big game maker for a lot of people still deciding.

9. Post
    refused wrote:
    xD that would be intense

Strange that you don't mention whether the video performance of the game has been tweaked from the beta. I know that's a big game maker for a lot of people still deciding.
    would be hard to say without testing it on a variety of hardware setups (and operating systems), there is a good blog post on the official BC2 thing concerning the PC graphics however.

personally can't wait, just a shame i'll probably be a bit on the drunken side when i first get my fingers on it

10. Post
    It's too buggy and lazily unoptimised for my taste, but I might check it out again if I ever upgrade.

11. Post
    Sight toggling is a significant oversight indeed, though throughout the beta I didn't once miss not having prone, nor was I ever in a situation where I was crouched long enough to feel that it warranted a toggle button.

Just my opinion of course - I can definitely see why more reconnaissance oriented players would welcome prone in particular.

Bring on the NZ release!

12. Post
    aim toggle is personal preference tbh.. once you get use to it, it really isn't much of a difference.

13. Post
    Does James Cullinane = JC?

unfortunately this game has been "bumped" down my list by napoleon total war, but I intend to buy it someday!

14. Post
    HerbalSuicide wrote:
    Does James Cullinane = JC?

unfortunately this game has been "bumped" down my list by napoleon total war, but I intend to buy it someday!
    JC = Jesus Crowbar, who is also called James, however it's a different person. We get confused too

15. Post
    I wish I had a power beard.

16. Post
    Shadowraith wrote:
    Sight toggling is a significant oversight indeed, though throughout the beta I didn't once miss not having prone, nor was I ever in a situation where I was crouched long enough to feel that it warranted a toggle button.

Just my opinion of course - I can definitely see why more reconnaissance oriented players would welcome prone in particular.

Bring on the NZ release!
    A sniper that cant prone is ****ing retarded. so insted you are forced to glitch in tree trunks ftw like bfbc1......

17. Post
    Cloaker wrote:
    aim toggle is personal preference tbh.. once you get use to it, it really isn't much of a difference.
    major diffrence actually. Once you starts using aim-hold you see much more responsive and accurate it is.

18. Post
    Has GP scored anything under 8 before in their reviews

19. Post
    GP doesn't review trash.

But yes, plenty of stuff.

ps. Metacritic has it at 89%

20. Post
    Bt wrote:
    Mad Moxxi not too long ago scored what, 4/10?

21. Post
    Cloaker wrote:
    Yep, I used to think toggling sucked, but actually it turned out to be exactly the same and just a matter of getting used to. Pity about prone though.

22. Post
    FFS it's just a game. If you want to go prone buy a real rifle and go shoot some rabbits.

23. Post
    Zerulas wrote:
    It's too buggy and lazily unoptimised for my taste, but I might check it out again if I ever upgrade.
    Sweet when did you get to play the retail version?

24. Post
    Bt wrote:
    Yes, they gave MW2 a 7/10

25. Post
    kapusta wrote:
    Yep, I used to think toggling sucked, but actually it turned out to be exactly the same and just a matter of getting used to. Pity about prone though.
    Technicly its not.

With toggle, to aim in I have to press the mouse button once. Then when I want to un-aim, I must press mouse button again, that is 2 mouse button clicks.

With hold aim, I simply press and hold the mouse button and as soon as I let go it un-aim's. Thus I only have to press it once. 1 mouse click.

One extra mouse click doesnt seem like much on paper, but in-game, especially in CQC, you might want to un-aim quickly to shoot down a close enemy, but that extra mouse click to un-aim gets you killed.