1. Arrow
    Review by Nick Hardy;

It seems a year of change. Not all of it positive. The old adage of "if it ain't broke don’t fix it" has been replaced with "lets change it to save money” with little though to the consequences.

Girl Guide biscuits, Cadbury chocolate, Auckland Council. None of things are the same as they were last year. I’ll let you decide which will leave the sourest taste in your mouth, as now we can add the Command & Conquer franchise to the list.

A series spanning 15 years, famous for its storytelling and gameplay. At its core, a base building, economy focused RTS which has stood the test of time. Here we are, the fourth and final game in the series (of the main story arc at least) - a game that’s carefully tweaked the formula over the course of more than a decade, and at the last minute they’ve changed everything.
    Read more here.

2. Post
    meh, C&C 3 was almost pushing it with the franchise, this seems ott. I still love the original, loving even more now that it's freeware

3. Post
    Command and Conquer 3 was boring as hell compared to Generals + Zero Hour. I can't believe they dragged it out the Tiberium games to 4. But C&C 4 seems to have a large case of Starcraft 2 MP envy. The multiple tactical facets in MP is something that was interesting in World in Conflict - but WiC didn't inflict it on you in SP.

4. Post
    Command and Conquer died for me when the Westwood brand was removed and it just became pure EA. RA2 was the last good C&C rts. Never got into generals.

To this day, RA2 is probably still my favourite RTS. It's not good the immaculate precision of starcraft, but it had soul. RA2 was a game I could love (as were the previous Command & Conquers) but since then the RTS's I've played have never quite been the same.

5. Post
    Nice review. So what happens if you want to play over a lan? You have to be connected to the net to gain experience?

On another note, Zero hour is epic.

6. Post
    I loved zero hour, thinking back, it's my favourite, just above yuris revenge.

7. Post
    Tried Zero Hour with the Shockwave mod? It's quite cool.

8. Post
    ^ Yeah I love the China side with the EQ machine

Usually I play nuke china and just spam nuke MIGS & finish them off qith a dozen or so transport choppers armed with gattling guns...

GP Zero Hour match??

9. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    Command and Conquer 3 was boring as hell compared to Generals + Zero Hour.
    I disagree, how much lanning of either have you done?

I found Zero Hour was horrible, just a controversial excuse to release a C&C game loosely based on 'current events'. C&C3 on the other hand, brought back the oldschool feel of C&C... only thing lacking is sandbags & walls.

But C&C4... I think I'll watch the cutscenes on youtube to get the storyline, the game looks crap.

10. Post
    I was always a Renegade man tbh.

11. Post
    Mettler wrote:
    the game IS crap.
    There you go mettler baby .... fixed that right up for ya

12. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    Tried Zero Hour with the Shockwave mod? It's quite cool.
    Hmmm.

/looks for his Last Decade dvd.

13. Post
    disappointing ending, fans won't be pleased.

14. Post
    I can understand them changing the formula a little, as it hasn't really since Dune... but, it sounds like they went a little silly with this one judging by the review. Mind you stopped reading at the experience system and having to unlock stuff, bad idea.

I quite enjoyed C&C3, apart from the artwork I couldn't get into RA3.

15. Post
    I think the reviewer has got mixed up between DotA and WC3...

16. Post
    falco wrote:
    Nice review. So what happens if you want to play over a lan? You have to be connected to the net to gain experience?
    It's like the new Ubisoft games; if you want to play you have to be online and connected to their servers. This applies to single and multiplayer.

17. Post
    This guy has uploaded all the cutscenes.

Sooooooooooooooooo SHIT!

http://www.youtube.com/user/chatthekiller

18. Post
    What I don't get is the ending to the story. To me it seems like they left it open. Also this game was supposed to explain everything - it didn't explain a single thing.

19. Post
    Driftit wrote:
    This guy has uploaded all the cutscenes.

Sooooooooooooooooo SHIT!

http://www.youtube.com/user/chatthekiller
    They're meant to be shit.

And by shit... I mean awesome.

GDA 12 = LOLOLOLOL
    Forum Whore Deluxe with Everything

20. Cool
    And, if you arent online, you dont get any experience, and therefore cant unlock a thing.
    If you want to focus on defense only briefly, you can destroy your offense base, and call down a defense base. Except you cant build the same units as you could when you had an offense base, so you then have to destroy that base and redeploy your offense base.
    The idea now is not to destroy your opponents base or buildings but to maintain control of certain nodes on the map
    Without mates however, you are left to rely on the AI to perform the other two roles of support, defense or offense. And the AI isnt very good at this.
    From the review, The points i don't like about C&C4.
    Command and conquer 3 is probably the last c&c game i brought/buy unless they make a generals 2.

21. Post
    Tried playing C&C3, was boring as heck, doesnt compare to Age of Empires 2/3.

22. Post
    Terrible.

Just watched the endings on Youtube.

Just terrible.

Nothing is explained you EA jerk arseholes.

23. Post
    i liked c&c3.

generals should never have had the c&c logo attached to it. it wasnt bad it just wasnt a c&c game.

and now this disaster

24. Post
    Bad review

7.0???

Should be more like 3/10

25. Post
    Generals was a great game nowdays. I would of thought a CNC perhaps aimed at the Asian locations, such as China, North Korea, South Korea, Japan, Singapore and maybe even India and Pakistan would be a good idea. Plenty of warfare to make up around those areas.