1. Post
    leotra wrote:
    It's too easy to troll this place
    saying stupid things does not qualify for successful trolling. it just makes you look stupid.

2. Post
    Did the trailer have a WOF?

3. Post
    leotra wrote:
    You can **** right off if you're trolling here.

Some shit you don't troll. A member losing his baby and his father nearly losing his ability to walk isn't something you laugh at. Dick.

4. Post
    lol

5. Post
    leotra wrote:
    lol
    leotra wrote:
    Or just take care about what you post on the internet
    You should try listening to yourself o.0

6. Post
    MatthewPerrin wrote:
    I'm not a mechanic... In any other cricle if you build something that ends up injuring people you face a lot of repercussions. They might be legal too.

I can take posts out of context and paste them into threads too!

7. Post
    Wow that isn't relevant.

*claps*

oooh ninja edit eh?

8. Post
    J`` wrote:
    Did the trailer have a WOF?
    It certainly did.

leotra wrote:
    lol
    Dude I don't know you, and you definitely don't know me. And judging by how you're acting about this horrible crash and the loss caused to me and the people I love, I'm probably not missing much by not knowing you.

GP are showing their true colours here by being such good ****ers about it and wanting to help me, that's absolutely outstanding and far more than anything I could have wished for. I've always worked hard for what I have, which isn't a lot, and believe me I feel guilty accepting charity and hope that I deserve it! But I'm not gonna say no, and if everybody is pitching in like they are, then everybody here is a part of that & that's pretty amazing really.

9. Post
    leotra wrote:
    **** up, buddy.

Beautiful car bro
    Was good to see the finished project though, hadn't looked at your thread/been in the CB&M forum for awhile.

Will see what I money I can kinda scrounge up over the next week, won't be much, but it'll help.

Mettler wrote:
    It certainly did.
    Any idea on how it happened?

10. Post
    leotra wrote:

I can take posts out of context and paste them into threads too!
    Can I get a 'shut the **** up'?

You said something stupid to look tough on the internets and you were wrong, deal with it and **** off instead of shitting all over people trying to help someone out.

11. Post
    leotra wrote:
    Can you please not?

That sucks ****ing balls Mettler. I hope you and yours come through okay, I'm glad to hear it wasn't worse though.

12. Post
    fark me. That's total ratshit Mettler, Hopefully I'll have so spare cash left over this week to contribute.

13. Post
    Dionmusprime wrote:
    Any idea on how it happened?
    Yeah... have you ever towed a car trailer, or a caravan, or a heavy load? Sometimes it can kick up a bit of a sway from wind, or a corner, or whatever, and the load will swing side to side in increasing arcs. I've had it happen a couple of times during the build when I've been towing the car somewhere... but I've managed to catch it quick enough and lose enough speed for the wobbles to disappear. But there's a threshold, and within seconds it can escalate beyond the ability to stop it.

With a tandem trailer with a car on it, it's best to get the load as far forward as possible. I've been in GaR's bluebird with Scotty driving it some years back, towing a corona back from auckland. The corona was backwards on the trailer so the weight of the engine etc was at the back of the trailer. Anything over 70kmh would cause mad speed wobbles... needless to say it was a slow drive home!

I've seen a caravan doing it behind an oncoming car, not a nice feeling seeing the bloody thing teetering side to side!

14. Post
    Yea ill give you $20 next pay day

15. Post
    Ban of leotra please.

Cheers admins.

16. Post
    Sorry to hear mate.

There's no shame in charity where it is deserved.

17. Post
    I don't have that much money at the moment, the week between pay days and just brought an x-box from savings. But I've put $10 in.
    - Every little bit counts.

18. Post
    That sucks Mettler, don't know you or the story behind the car well enough nor the money to donate, but I hope you can get things sorted with a new car and your dad and friend can recover quickly.

Also, just how much damage has actually been done? Have you had a look at the car?

Wanting the replacement to be of the same body type etc?

19. Post
    seriously? wrote:
    That sucks Mettler, don't know you or the story behind the car well enough nor the money to donate, but I hope you can get things sorted with a new car and your dad and friend can recover quickly.

Also, just how much damage has actually been done? Have you had a look at the car?

Wanting the replacement to be of the same body type etc?
    The bodyshell is a right off.
    Most of the running gear looks ok.
    But the body is super rare, and to swap bits over will take hundreds of hours and then painting the new shell etc etc.
    Thousands of dollars and months of work.
    Between Mettler and the GP labourers/mechanics/engineers etc it will be done.
    Hardest part will be finding a good shell.

20. Post
    clean up the thread (take off that trolls posts)

21. Post
    I'm not sure if "drift damage" was the right term to use in this context... given that there's enough morons here who ahve totally gotten the wrong idea and have become all indignant about the subject.

22. Post
    $1.36 is all I can offer atm.

23. Post
    Liger_zero wrote:
    clean up the thread (take off that trolls posts)
    Hall of Shame has heaps of space to move this thread to. That should help clean OD.

24. Post
    Orion wrote:
    I'm not sure if "drift damage" was the right term to use in this context... given that there's enough morons here who ahve totally gotten the wrong idea and have become all indignant about the subject.
    tbh I thought from the thread title it happened at trackday.

25. Post
    Limit0 wrote:
    Hall of Shame has heaps of space to move this thread to. That should help clear OD.
    **** no. just clean up the troll posts, and its sussed.