What are you working on today?

Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
(9 votes)
Results 6,601 to 6,612 of 6612

1. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    All my GoDaddy hosted domains had their DNS records updated to point to NS2.BODIS.COM which is some spam shit. I have two factor login enabled and I got no email about shit going down. So who knows what's going on.

Guys might want to check your domains if you've got them through GoDaddy.
    Wonder if they had a breach they haven't revealed yet...

2. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    All my GoDaddy hosted domains had their DNS records updated to point to NS2.BODIS.COM which is some spam shit. I have two factor login enabled and I got no email about shit going down. So who knows what's going on.

Guys might want to check your domains if you've got them through GoDaddy.
    Just got the one domain through godaddy, DNS hosted @ cloudflare, and all seems ok.

3. Post
    I suspect my account was compromised as I had a password and email combination which I know shows up on a few "you've been hacked" websites.

However I would have expected having two factor login to have prevented someone being able to login even if they had my correct credentials. Further, if you gained access to someones account, is changing the DNS settings all you'd do?

4. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    I suspect my account was compromised as I had a password and email combination which I know shows up on a few "you've been hacked" websites.
    Why the hell are you using it then A plugin like LastPass would solve that with randomly generated passwords.

Might be all they can do... I guess it would make sense to attempt to change the login/password to prevent to block access from original account holder and 'takeover' the account if they wanted to, if that's what you're thinking, but either

a) that would require some kind of account or email verification, which they can't do - so instead they just redirect the DNS and hope you don't notice and exploit the traffic/bandwidth or whatever it is that they're doing for as long as they can before you do notice, or

b) it's not worth it to do so since it would draw more immediate, obvious attention to the evidence of a hacked account and they know that the account holder will pretty quickly alert the domain registrar to have it rectified, so again they just redirect the DNS and hope you don't notice for as long as possible

Dunno, just speculating... May as well get on the phone to GoDaddy and tell them to sort it out

5. Post
    Privoxy wrote:

However I would have expected having two factor login to have prevented someone being able to login even if they had my correct credentials. Further, if you gained access to someones account, is changing the DNS settings all you'd do?
    Maybe they rang GoDaddy and "explained" that they'd lost "their" cellphone.

6. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    Maybe they rang GoDaddy and "explained" that they'd lost "their" cellphone.
    A lot of effort to go through...

7. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    A lot of effort to go through...
    Indians are cheap. Hence why there's whole contact centres of them cold-calling Kiwis claiming to be Microsoft.

Which led to me accidentally hanging up on someone actually calling from Microsoft to try to sell us an upgrade on our Office 365 subscription, not sure if that makes me racist or not.

8. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    I suppose they'd do as much as they could do without attracting a lot of attention?

9. Post
    Started new gig today, currently learning Scala.

All I have to say is what is the witchcraft?!

10. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Started new gig today, currently learning Scala.

All I have to say is what is the witchcraft?!
    Hahaha, Scala is powerful, but frustratingly so sometimes. Also, watch out for calling Java code that takes java.lang.Longs, a scala.Long is a different beast.

Code:
      private def emitMetrics(timestamp: Instant, metrics: Map[(String, String), Long]): Unit = {
        //For some reason the scala compiler can't tell the difference between a Java method overload that takes a double
        //and one that takes a long when dealing with Java numbers, so I have to add the explicit type when
        //passing it(!) to ensure it knows how to pick the right one. That was a new one.
        metrics.foreach { case ((metric, key), value) => emitter.gauge(metric, key, value: java.lang.Long) }
      }
    Oh, and make friends with import scala.collections.JavaConverters._ for ease of interop when moving between Java collections and Scala collections.

Lastly, case functions for ease of destructuring arguments are the go to. never write someTuple._1 again.

11. Post

12. Post
    hannahxx wrote:
    Composing a robotized scaling framework with frontend for scaling my administrations on Azure. Microsoft, for divine beings purpose, it would be ideal if you compose a library over your Service Management API; changing XML documents to build case tally is idiotic.
    Nice Markov chain implementation lol.