1. Post
    bradc wrote:
    I'll donate something to a GP member if there's something specific that needs money put towards. Seems pretty vague ATM.

Basically, Manc or someone needs a good story of something they need replacing/fixing that they can't get insurance or whatever for.
    I don't have any spare cash at the moment, but if someone needs something like baby supplies I have stuff I could send to them.

2. Post
    Stop bitching and moaning, this is a good cause, if your not going to contribute even as much as a positive comment then piss off.

3. Post
    alientroll wrote:
    Care to enlighten people?
    Yes I ****ing would ****.

Do you have any idea what it's like to have children dependant on you to survive? Everything you do affects them directly. Not just financially but emotionally and morally. We struggled week-in and week-out to put food on our table BEFORE this disaster - now, we have no permanent home, no clean water, clothes can't be washed, we have $30 in the bank and the car needs petrol so we can get to work to make it til payday.
    My aged parents cannot put us up for long and at present we can't afford to help out with the considerable costs we are burdoning them with.

I'm not the kind of person to take charity easily - but I do give it. I threw Mettler some money when I couldn't afford to - and I'm not even a big fan of the guy's online persona.

When I was told of this thread I said thanks but no thanks, I don't like accepting things from people like that. But at the end of the day - we're up shit creek, and I can tell you this... EVERY donation makes a difference, no matter how small.

4. Post
    alientroll wrote:
    Care to enlighten people? Obviously the OP doesn't feel the need to, and instead just wants money going into a bank account (his?)
    If you are uneasy with the situation either because you think it's a waste of time or some type of scam then don't bother posting, a lot of us have been on these forums nearly a decade and consider some of the posters in Canterbury mates and want to do what we can, this collection is from GP for GP since we're not in Chch and can't give them a hand physically.

Ugh, manc, that's a tear jerker.. all the best for you and your family.

5. Post
    alientroll wrote:
    Care to enlighten people? Obviously the OP doesn't feel the need to, and instead just wants money going into a bank account (his?)

6. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    Yes I ****ing would ****.

Do you have any idea what it's like to have children dependant on you to survive? Everything you do affects them directly. Not just financially but emotionally and morally. We struggled week-in and week-out to put food on our table BEFORE this disaster - now, we have no permanent home, no clean water, clothes can't be washed, we have $30 in the bank and the car needs petrol so we can get to work to make it til payday.
    My aged parents cannot put us up for long and at present we can't afford to help out with the considerable costs we are burdoning them with.

I'm not the kind of person to take charity easily - but I do give it. I threw Mettler some money when I couldn't afford to - and I'm not even a big fan of the guy's online persona.

When I was told of this thread I said thanks but no thanks, I don't like accepting things from people like that. But at the end of the day - we're up shit creek, and I can tell you this... EVERY donation makes a difference, no matter how small.
    ****ing amen to that. Here on GP there may be a lot of trolling and bullshit at times. But when i gets down to it, everyone pulls together. This is why i donated, because as an Aucklander i cant help physically so i hope my bit of spare cash can go to better use than me just blowing it as i probably would of. Especially since GP has been so kind to me in the past.

Mancubus, if you do get to far down shit creek you should accept some considering your contribution towards GP and the members of the community. You easily deserve it. Id rather it go to you and people who really need it than some people I've never seen to buy booze.

7. Post
    Could someone PM me Ruski's name? I will be making a deposit at a branch as I don't have internet banking and just want to make sure it's going to the right person.

8. Post
    JohnRebound wrote:
    Could someone PM me Ruski's name? I will be making a deposit at a branch as I don't have internet banking and just want to make sure it's going to the right person.
    Done

9. Post
    Just deposited $10. All my stuff is covered through insurance, so hope someone who is less fortunate gets some help

10. Post
    I've just deposited $20 now

Mancubus please don't hesitate to take it. It'll make things that little bit easier for you.

11. Post
    alientroll wrote:
    Just pointing out, like a lot of others, that Ruski asking for money to be put into his account with no clear process in place to reach/donate to the people in actual need was quite flawed
    I have met probably close to 30-40 people from these forums over the past 6-7 years of being a member. You clearly have not been around for long, so your skepticism is unsurprising. GP has a long track of helping each other out with threads like these, just so you know.

It's my bank account. Like I say, if a mod would rather offer his account for verification, sure. I have no use for the money and I am donating $50 myself. I have a job with a decent income that allows me to buy food and entertainment, two things that are much needed by the likes of Mancubus, whom has generously given back to the community many times before.

All bank feed information can be posted.

However I have no business trying to prove authenticity to people that have been a part of GP forums for 0.05% of the time that I have spent here.

12. Post
    alientroll wrote:
    First you tell people to **** off when they ask questions, and now you're pulling some elitist join date crap This isn't my first account, thanks for acting like a douche when people just wanted to make sure their donations would be put to good use
    **** off, troll.

This is a great idea, +1 for Manc.

I would offer a place to stay, but its the mrs' parents rental acommodation and I think there are family coming

13. Post
    I have addressed most questions to the best of my abilities prior.

The majority of people's skepticism came from misunderstanding the purpose of this fund. They have diligently ignored all of my posts (and some others) stating that this fund is for short-term relief, not for donating to charities and structural damage (that should be taken care of by insurance in the long run).

Now that there is obviously a purpose for this fund, people have started transferring money to the account and I am open with finances and will gladly post a bank feed for those interested, can we put it to rest and stop bickering?

If you are keen to donate, however see a potential issue or a suggestion to raise, by all means do so. If you are just here to berate and have nothing to contribute, the rest of OD is this way. Have fun.

14. Post
    Naykd wrote:
    People in Auckland just don't like Christchurch - already there are people here who are making fun of the earthquake
    Got any sweet jokes bro?

15. Post
    Just chucked another 10$ into the account. Hope it helps

alientroll wrote:
    Put Manc's post into the OP so people get an idea of what the situation
    Might be a good idea

16. Post
    alientroll wrote:
    May help to put Manc's post into the OP so people get an idea of what the situation is like for people down there. I certainly didn't know, and his post helped understand the gravity of it a lot more
    This has been done.

Can't help but feel the agro towards people with pretty innocent questions about what and who they're donating to is completely unnecessary.

17. Post
    I have just recieved $20 from an unmarked account.

I am assuming this may have been JohnRebound transferring directly via bank.

90.08$ currently in the account. I would like to transfer this before the end of the day towards Mancubus to at least help him with the petrol/food situation a little for the meantime. More can be transferred tomorrow once donations keep coming through.

Any of those that have contributed oppose?

18. Post
    Mine won't show until tomorrow, online bankin' y0

19. Post
    ruski wrote:
    More than happy for it to go to Mancubus

Neither of my donations (10$ Each) will go through until tomorrow. yay online banking

20. Post
    ruski wrote:
    I have just recieved $20 from an unmarked account.

I am assuming this may have been JohnRebound transferring directly via bank.

90.08$ currently in the account. I would like to transfer this before the end of the day towards Mancubus to at least help him with the petrol/food situation a little for the meantime. More can be transferred tomorrow once donations keep coming through.

Was probably my deposit which was made at a physical branch about 20-30 minutes ago. (have PMed you the ref)

No opposition from me.

21. Post
    $25 put your way. It's not much, but hopefully it is useful to someone.

22. Post
    Sticky!

23. Post
    How long is this fund going to be open? Could probably give more when I know what my next pay will be.

24. Post
    I'll pledge $20 if it all goes to Manc. Or if Manc PMs his own bank details I'll send it direct. I've already made other donations to general relief funds so would rather see it going to one or two respected GP members.

25. Post
    Grolim wrote:
    I'll pledge $20 if it all goes to Manc. Or if Manc PMs his own bank details I'll send it direct. I've already made other donations to general relief funds so would rather see it going to one or two respected GP members.
    At the moment it seems we are mainly contributing to Manc. I am making a 90$ payment shortly with the hopes of making another tomorrow.

Those that have contributed should speak up, although I am pretty sure the majority of us are quite happy to support Manc.