Page 1 of 13 123411 ... Last

1. Post
    Number now deleted (omit a 0 if your online banking only takes a 2-digit suffix)
    PM Mancubus for account holder's name if your online banking requires it

ruski - $50
    Galent - $20 (cash)
    John Rebound - $20
    Staire - $10
    |_emon - $10
    Brennos - $10
    MX - $10
    DooMZie - $10
    Daaft - $10
    Naykd - $20
    9cs - $20
    Odyssey - $20
    CapBBeard - $20
    RoCkw!LDeR* - $20
    jolton - $20
    Happy Campa - $25
    Xelogen - $50
    PtP - $69
    raikyn - $150
    Kenni - $5
    Bin Face - $20
    GaR - $30
    limit0 - $20
    brockalee - $12
    Chrome - $10
    BVC - $10
    Doctor Blade - $40.00
    Mettler - $30.00
    Kelso - $23.57
    Doofer - $50
    Prometheus - $100
    Gambit - $100
    qazwsxokmijn - $25

TOTAL CONTRIBUTIONS: $1862.54

Here is why every contribution counts:

Mancubus wrote:
    Do you have any idea what it's like to have children dependant on you to survive? Everything you do affects them directly. Not just financially but emotionally and morally. We struggled week-in and week-out to put food on our table BEFORE this disaster - now, we have no permanent home, no clean water, clothes can't be washed, we have $30 in the bank and the car needs petrol so we can get to work to make it til payday.
    My aged parents cannot put us up for long and at present we can't afford to help out with the considerable costs we are burdoning them with.

I'm not the kind of person to take charity easily - but I do give it. I threw Mettler some money when I couldn't afford to - and I'm not even a big fan of the guy's online persona.

When I was told of this thread I said thanks but no thanks, I don't like accepting things from people like that. But at the end of the day - we're up shit creek, and I can tell you this... EVERY donation makes a difference, no matter how small.

2. Post
    2 dorra

3. Post
    are they putting a v8 in chch? if not then not interested.

4. Post
    I'd flick a tenner for the cause. Any details to transfer money?

5. Post
    $20 - tis about all I can afford atm.

6. Post
    Where do we put it? I know some people here in Christchurch would need money as they are now ruined thanks to this - I'm thankful my house has no damage, I only lost half a cup of Miranda (and the cup never tipped over).

7. Post
    I'll see what i can do.

8. Post
    I will put some details up tomorrow when i get to work.

9. Post
    about tree fiddy

10. Post
    I vote that it goes to Mancubus.

11. Post
    I'll chuck some in when you put up bank details.

12. Post
    I need a new 5870...

13. Post
    tis' a gutting sight, too bad for those that have lost their homes and what not. but overall we should be grateful not too many people died, with an earthquake of 7.1

14. Post
    CoolShady wrote:
    I vote that it goes to Mancubus.
    +1 if he needs it.

15. Post
    dstruktiv wrote:
    This thread is proof the media has built this up to be way more than it is.
    you sir a ****en cock.

I'm broke but will put something in when I have some coin

16. Post
    it's not much but i can donate $5. would be keen to see this go to mancubus, who's pretty much lost his house by the sounds of things

17. Post
    There is my house. PM me for my bank account details.

Attached Images

18. Post
    The principle is nice, though. Supporting the community here and all

19. Post
    Linx wrote:
    I only lost half a cup of Miranda
    Where do i donate to this cause?

20. Post
    *shrug* if anything I think money should go towards something more major than members here, I mean it sucks for people who've lost heaps and sucks less for people who haven't. As I said in the other thread my place got off lightly, only minor damage to the house and a heap of broken crap inside, but nothing that isn't too hard to replace etc.

Even if you split the total and give it to random people who did their best to help in the situation. Donate it to local firefighters (Voluntary ones) or businesses who did what they could out of their own pocket to help (like that dairy owner who was giving shit away mentioned in the other thread).

21. Post
    Put me down for $10. I'd love to be able to give more, but I'm on student allowance and it's all the wriggle room I have. Let me know the bank deets

22. Post
    ^ oh sorry, the tone of your other post conveyed a sense of 'who cares, a few buildings fell over', that's why i was slightly angry there.

but yeah in a place like christchurch, insurance should suss out those whose homes got ****ed i guess, but still it's a nice sentiment, although probably not essential. only real way i can imagine donated money being spent is to help build up city infrastructure, or to make sure people have food/shelter while homes are repaired/built.

also, not really practical for me to go to chch to help a few homeless seeing as i'm in auckland, i'm not mother theresa you know...

23. Post
    dstruktiv wrote:
    Small donations will not help != I am laughing at these poor people and the situation they find themselves in.

I'm in Rangiora we got it too, we have friends and family still without power that have lopsided yet to be assessed homes and our rental property in Kaipoi is likely a write off.

If you are that passionate and have that much empathy for these people then give them a bed to sleep in, a place to shower, a decent meal and a helping hand around their home. A small donation seems to be all it takes these days to make someone feel like they've done something. Like I said the intentions are good but small amounts of money is (mostly) worthless in this situation.
    small donations do help if all of it gets shared equally, it can help with food and medicine(cannabis)

24. Post
    I do not believe this fund would be even remotely big enough to make any difference towards repairing and recovering.

I do, however, think that there will be a couple of people at least waiting for their next paycheck and just had to spend all their money making the best of the situation. A quick $50 to one, $50 to another and at least that's two people fed for a week..

dstruktiv wrote:
    If you are that passionate and have that much empathy for these people then give them a bed to sleep in, a place to shower, a decent meal and a helping hand around their home. A small donation seems to be all it takes these days to make someone feel like they've done something. Like I said the intentions are good but small amounts of money is (mostly) worthless in this situation.
    It's not about the efficiency of every dollar donated. It's about the timing of every dollar donated.

Doesn't GP look after their own anymore?

25. Post
    5loth wrote:
    I'm not really sure anyone is out of pocket short-term which is where this would actually be beneficial.

isnt this the donate to haiti thread?

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... Last