Good deal thread

Thread Rating: 36 votes, 5.00 average.
(36 votes)
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 10026

1. Post
    ^ That is a good deal. That along with the complete Total War Shogun 2 pack will do me just fine.

2. Post
    I'd recommend that anyone who thought Civ V stand alone was too buggy and simple at release get the gods and kings expansion. Much improves AI, adds a bit more needed complexity and seems to run a lot better. Pretty much got me back into Civ V.

3. Post
    It looks like the cheapest way to get everything for Civ 5 is:
    GOTY - 22.49
    G&K - 7.49
    Wonders & Korea bundle - 1.86

4. Post
    Lord_Montgomery wrote:
    I'd recommend that anyone who thought Civ V stand alone was too buggy and simple at release get the gods and kings expansion. Much improves AI, adds a bit more needed complexity and seems to run a lot better. Pretty much got me back into Civ V.
    Hmm interesting - does it fix the horrible lag that builds as the game goes on? Could never understand how it could run so badly

5. Post
    ^ This was my biggest put off. Knowing that in a few hours the game is going to grind to a terrible halt.

6. Post
    The Muel wrote:
    Civ 5 is 75% off today. $17.49 - that's a good deal
    Game of the Year is $12.49 on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Sid-Meiers-Civ...civilization+5

It still slows down a bit endgame, which kinda sucks. However I was reading something on reddit yesterday that if you run the game in DX9 mode as opposed to DX11, the slowdown is barely evident. Will have to give it a go sometime.

7. Post
    jaygee wrote:
    Hmm interesting - does it fix the horrible lag that builds as the game goes on? Could never understand how it could run so badly
    I find turning off movement animations and combat animations, turns end a lot quicker. If you are really wanting quicker turns, you can turn off city states and barbarians as well. Currently playing on a giant earth map with 24 Civs and 40 City States, at turn 300 and it takes around 8 seconds to process. Only running it on a AMD quad as well.

8. Post
    That Amazon deal is so much better. Too late now.

Is there a way to let Steam continue downloading while you're in game? I want to play an offline game and not interrupt my downloads.

Edit: I can't alt-tab and resume, because that breaks the game I want to play.

9. Post
    Derpizard wrote:
    That Amazon deal is so much better. Too late now.
    Need an american amazon account to buy anyway.

10. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Need an american amazon account to buy anyway.
    Neg. My ASB cc works with any US billing address (I just use my sisters but I believe most people use a random US addy)

11. Post
    I have a US address and using my ASB CC and an American VPN and I still get the "This is only available to american customers"

-e- Nope never mind, Amazon was defaulting my billing address to my NZ one, changed it to my american address and all is right with the world.

-e- Bought and activated on steam.

12. Post
    Lord_Montgomery wrote:
    I find turning off movement animations and combat animations, turns end a lot quicker. If you are really wanting quicker turns, you can turn off city states and barbarians as well. Currently playing on a giant earth map with 24 Civs and 40 City States, at turn 300 and it takes around 8 seconds to process. Only running it on a AMD quad as well.
    Have you tried doing that in multiplayer? I've never played single player to compare, but my 2 player games (both of us with i7s) with large maps and 8 (? or whatever the max used to be a year or so ago) civs used to degenerate to about 90s a turn end by around turn 200, which is where we gave up and switched to a small map with very few civs.

We both just got Gods and Kings anyway so I guess we will find out.
    Eagle32

13. Post
    Multiplayer seems to be fine. Even quicker than my Giant map game.

14. Post
    Question about Dragon Age:Origins, I've got it on Origin but want it on steam. Is it worth getting the ultimate pack over the regular pack?

15. Post
    At that price, if you want it on steam you may as well.

dat feeling of replacing random games/disks with their better counterpart on steam + all the DLC...

16. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    dat feeling of replacing random games/disks with their better counterpart on steam + all the DLC...

The only game recently that I didn't get on Steam is AC3 because it was just so expensive. Also, I have the other AC games on Ubisoft's gay U-online or whatever its called anyway - may as well keep them together.

17. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    At that price, if you want it on steam you may as well.

Found I can put it in steam and play it without launching origin, will do that instead.

18. Post
    Yay get paid tomorrow, more money to burn

19. Post
    NZ_InFerno wrote:
    I've got it on Origin but want it on steam.
    I do not understand why you would do this.

20. Post
    Shikari wrote:
    I do not understand why you would do this.
    Some people prefer to just have one content management front for their software, myself included.

21. Post
    Yep, I pretty much uninstall origin/u-play/games for windows as soon as I'm done with the game that needs them. I only keep Steam installed permanently.

22. Post
    Torchlight 2 is on steam's daily deal list $9.99. Also the 4 pack is only $29.99

23. Post
    I dont care. I have Uplay for Assassins, Origin for Sims(gfs) and mass. Steam for everything. I dont see why its such a huge deal for people. Steam isnt perfect. Origin does some stuff better

24. Post
    Its not a huge deal, its just user preference which is a perfectly valid reason and doesn't need to be expanded on any further.

25. Post
    Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion on flash sale for next 9 hours

Great game