Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1586

1. Post
    Hullitude wrote:
    Eh I don't know maybe I'm just LotR/hobbit'd out
    I think many people are. I was a book series fan from way back... loved PJ & teams film adaption in FOTR. By ROTK it was still good but getting corny and by this current stage I want to nuke all of Middle Earth.
    Last edited by Soulsbane; 16th January 2015 at 12:58 pm.

2. Post
    Watched it last night, what a trucking let down, first 20 mins was amazing. the final fight was really good, everything else felt way to ****ing forced.

The grima wormtongue character sucked so much ass, all of the comedy involving him sucked so trucking bad. Seriously any of the comedy in the film felt way too forced.

That trilogy would have been a rushed single movie, and amazing 2 films, or an average as shit trilogy, and apparently they went with average as shit.

3. Post
    Some sweet breakdowns of the FX stuff done for hobbit in the wake of no Oscar nomination:

4. Post
    Great finale.

However, I felt the casting of Bilbo could have been improved.

Thorin was great. Thranduil was boss.

5. Post
    fr0za wrote:
    I felt the casting of Bilbo could have been improved.
    what does that even mean.. ? They just replace him with a new actor mid-movie?

6. Post
    Theres a 4hr fan edit floating around the web that removes all the bloat

7. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Theres a 4hr fan edit floating around the web that removes all the bloat
    I would like to see an edit by a professional. To me 'bloat' was some of the BS action sequences like that log fume ride. Any actual talking with Bilbo should stay cause then the film might justify the title.

8. Post
    Soulsbane wrote:
    I would like to see an edit by a professional. To me 'bloat' was some of the BS action sequences like that log fume ride. Any actual talking with Bilbo should stay cause then the film might justify the title.
    They kept the barrel ride scene but edited out Tauriel...it's a bit messy

9. Post
    Finally watched the final movie, was a bit of a let down to be honest. I thought the first 2 was better. In particular smaug in #2 was awesome. Might also be because I have a pretty beefy sound system at home, and I saw the 2nd one at home before watching the 3rd.

10. Post
    I still havent seen this.REason being that ive read your guys reviews and i dont want to be super let down

11. Post
    Surely, after reading the (majority of) reviews here, your expectations will be fairly limited.

12. Post
    My expectations are pretty much at 0,So im not motivated to watch it

13. Post
    Ok, I get that. I have not managed a rewatch of The Battle of the Five Armies (seriously, why the **** did they feel the need to add the definite article?!).

14. Post
    And thats the reason im not watching the third yet.IVe watched one and two probably ten times

Was a huge lotr fan

15. Post
    iludez wrote:
    Was a huge lotr fan
    That reason alone should be reason enough to watch it,I mean even if its just to experience middle earth one last time. You might not enjoy it over all but just for the last middle earth experience you should watch it imo.

16. Post
    Yeah i will get round to it.I just dont want it toruin the experience for me if you know what i mean?
    Trying to play it down so i dont hate the series

17. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    but just for the last middle earth experience you should watch it imo.
    Last of PJ's Middle Earth, but I have no doubt It will be back on screen. Either in ~15 years time when they start remakes, or some sort of semi-fabricated bridge film/series.

18. Post
    So i went and watched this today with the wife finally.Honestly i really enjoyed it.I would go watch again if i could

Yeah there were silly parts but overall was amazing for me atleast

19. Post
    watched it today... OMFG why not just have the dragon die in the last movie as a finale, it only took 10 minutes anyway.
    Spoiler:

Now 5 armies...
    Humans (really didn't have an army)
    Dwarves
    Elves
    Orc's (they were split in two, so 2 armies ? really?)

Or was
    Spoiler:
    an army ?

20. Post
    I have got the extended editions of LOTR, and was considering getting them for the Hobbit. After watching the last movie, I think I will give that a miss. I think one movie should have been enough, not three.

21. Post
    No. It should have been three good films.

Rewatching LotR really makes you appreciate how brilliant (comparatively) those films are, both as adaptations and in their own right.

Unsettled wrote:
    Now 5 armies...
    Yer, well that's the ****ed thing. They change the title, adding in the definite article, and then up the ambiguity over the book. Makes no sense.

22. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    I have got the extended editions of LOTR, and was considering getting them for the Hobbit. After watching the last movie, I think I will give that a miss. I think one movie should have been enough, not three.
    No way would one movie have been enough. One movie would of done disservice to the source material. They would of had to cut out so much to condense it within 2 hours and at that point it wouldn't even be worth making the movie.

23. Post
    I enjoyed the first 2 hobbit movies. But the 3rd was kind of a let down for me personally. I don't know why they didn't just finish off the dragon in the 2nd considering it was only 10mins into the 3rd.
    I LOVED LOTR, might watch em tonight actually. Had to watch the 3rd hobbit movie multiple times because i kept falling asleep and missing half the movie so had to replay from where i remembered so i wouldn't fall asleep at the same place again haha.

24. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    No way would one movie have been enough. One movie would of done disservice to the source material. They would of had to cut out so much to condense it within 2 hours and at that point it wouldn't even be worth making the movie.
    Why did it need to be 2 hours ... 3 hours would be fine though.

25. Post
    I loved all three and have watched them a few times again now