1. Post
    TEDcomms wrote:
    50$ your way mate.

May you live forever in the kingdom of heaven
    What a GC!

Donated. Hopefully we get together a decent amount of money. GP UNITE

2. Post
    Woaaah, props to the guys donating quite a bit, very nice of you. If I could afford to donate more I would

3. Post
    Donated.

4. Post
    good cvnt dsktruktiv

will deposit $20 on tuesday

5. Post
    Donated. Won't come in straight away. Hope my small contribution serves you more than what it would've done to me.

Goodluck Huyi

6. Post
    Donated

7. Post
    Just an idea I thought I'd put out there:
    Has anyone tried contacting AirNZ about flights for Huyis sister to get back to NZ (made it seem she is overseas)
    Of course other airlines might be able to offer discount seat (but thought of AirNZ first)
    I'm about to use twitter to @flyairnz @AirNZFairy and @grabaseat with links to the GPForums threads, but maybe if other people do as well through FB / Twitter etc might get the word out there quicker.

8. Post
    Will donate some next week, I'm penniless atm.

9. Post
    Donated $25. It should go through Mon.

I'm sure if it was a 'long con' that the admins has everyone's IPs and can easily backtrace and research tbh Aaron-AFK style.
    That said, I'm sure Aaron can chip in a bit if he's aware of this!

10. Post
    ErAd wrote:
    Will donate some next week, I'm penniless atm.

11. Post
    $50... get a stripper!

12. Post
    This is why GP is so awesome!

13. Post
    ChineseKiwi wrote:
    I'm sure if it was a 'long con' that the admins has everyone's IPs and can easily backtrace and research tbh Aaron-AFK style.
    I'd be happy if this is a con.
    Got bugger all atm - will donate during the week.

14. Post
    Bro will donate $20 on Monday. More if I can afford it.

God speed.

15. Post
    Will see how much I have after the weekend, and it's yours

16. Post
    Donated..

17. Post
    Donated

18. Post
    bradleycampbell wrote:
    Just an idea I thought I'd put out there:
    Has anyone tried contacting AirNZ about flights for Huyis sister to get back to NZ (made it seem she is overseas)
    Of course other airlines might be able to offer discount seat (but thought of AirNZ first)
    I'm about to use twitter to @flyairnz @AirNZFairy and @grabaseat with links to the GPForums threads, but maybe if other people do as well through FB / Twitter etc might get the word out there quicker.
    I can direct message/dm them.. will do it now They won't be too happy if this turns out to not be legit tho

Edit: DM'd all 3

19. Post
    From what I understood from his post his sister is going on an exchange and due to Huyi circumstances she won't be able to go due to money being used on him.

Will donate on Tuesday when I get paid.

20. Post
    Will be putting some cash through on Monday.

21. Post
    [Scam forums]

22. Post
    Apathetic tool wrote:
    [Scam forums]
    There's far more evidence (History) pushing this to the legitimate side rather than a scam. If you have any sort of proof that this is indeed a scam do share it, otherwise shut your mouth and leave the poor man alone. Douche

23. Post
    Chase wrote:
    There's far more evidence (History) pushing this to the legitimate side rather than a scam. If you have any sort of proof that this is indeed a scam do share it, otherwise shut your mouth and leave the poor man alone. Douche
    There's little evidence for either possibility, GP is one of the most easy websites to manipulate. We already have a history of donating to causes like this. Huyi could have just been dropping cancer comments every now and then from the moment he posted here while biding his time to pull it off. I barely noticed any of his posts to begin with, recognise no character or posting style from him.

From a pessimistic point of view this would be an easy enough scam to pull off. Obviously Huyi cannot validate whether he is 4rlz br4 when he now suddenly has 2 weeks to live.

It's not up to me to choose for you guys to donate, I'm just voicing my skepticsm. But feel good and give yourself a pat on the back for supporting someone you don't know who may be genuine or robbing you blind... as long as you think he died you'll still feel better about yourself.

24. Post
    Apathetic tool wrote:
    There's little evidence for either possibility, GP is one of the most easy websites to manipulate. We already have a history of donating to causes like this. Huyi could have just been dropping cancer comments every now and then from the moment he posted here while biding his time to pull it off. I barely noticed any of his posts to begin with, recognise no character or posting style from him.

From a pessimistic point of view this would be an easy enough scam to pull off. Obviously Huyi cannot validate whether he is 4rlz br4 when he now suddenly has 2 weeks to live.

It's not up to me to choose for you guys to donate, I'm just voicing my skepticsm. But feel good and give yourself a pat on the back for supporting someone you don't know who may be genuine or robbing you blind... as long as you think he died you'll still feel better about yourself.
    So you think that he'd spend two years trying to set up a con on the internet, just to gain a couple of hundred dollars?

Yes there is little evidence either way, but when both sides are compared there is more pushing to legitimate. Yes if he provided some sort of document that it is truth, that'd help some people. But for me and the others who have already donated (I presume) have enough faith in Hyui that he isn't trying to con us and in fact will have a good use for this money under the events he has described

25. Post
    Chase wrote:
    So you think that he'd spend two years trying to set up a con on the internet, just to gain a couple of hundred dollars?

Yes there is little evidence either way, but when both sides are compared there is more pushing to legitimate. Yes if he provided some sort of document that it is truth, that'd help some people. But for me and the others who have already donated (I presume) have enough faith in Hyui that he isn't trying to con us and in fact will have a good use for this money under the events he has described
    I didn't realise he'd been here two years which makes me a hell of a lot less sceptical now, he could have been posting and then decided to set up a con though (no idea when the first indications of him having cancer were). Thought he was just an apprentice forum whore who'd been here for a year or so. It'll be more than a couple of hundred dollars based on the altruistic hivemind of this forum.