1. Post
    Apathetic tool wrote:
    There's little evidence for either possibility, GP is one of the most easy websites to manipulate. We already have a history of donating to causes like this. Huyi could have just been dropping cancer comments every now and then from the moment he posted here while biding his time to pull it off. I barely noticed any of his posts to begin with, recognise no character or posting style from him.

From a pessimistic point of view this would be an easy enough scam to pull off. Obviously Huyi cannot validate whether he is 4rlz br4 when he now suddenly has 2 weeks to live.

It's not up to me to choose for you guys to donate, I'm just voicing my skepticsm. But feel good and give yourself a pat on the back for supporting someone you don't know who may be genuine or robbing you blind... as long as you think he died you'll still feel better about yourself.
    Says the dick wad who has been here for a month ??

Just look at Huyis post history.. nobody would do a 2+ year con for this..

And yes im sure we will get some "proof" .. but give the guy a break.. its been .. 2 days ? since he posted the thread.. then made 1 more reply this morning odd (after being in hospital)

2. Post
    Forums is full of good guys. Too drunk to comprehend at the moment, but go gpod

If it's a two year con, he probably deserves the money for the effort

3. Post
    Will donate on payday. Don't care if its a scam or not.

4. Post
    Poor buggar Donated - $20.00

Make sure you have a damn good time with the GP donations man!

5. Post
    MysticNZ wrote:
    Forums is full of good guys. Too drunk to comprehend at the moment, but go gpod

If it's a two year con, he probably deserves the money for the effort
    IRL lol.

6. Post
    Apathetic tool wrote:
    I didn't realise he'd been here two years which makes me a hell of a lot less sceptical now, he could have been posting and then decided to set up a con though (no idea when the first indications of him having cancer were). Thought he was just an apprentice forum whore who'd been here for a year or so. It'll be more than a couple of hundred dollars based on the altruistic hivemind of this forum.
    Pays to look into it a little bit before making a rash decision and calling it a scam. If you take note of his custom tag " Apprentice Forum Whore with extra "Na" " showing that he's at least known around here, not just a random poster. As to his posts relating cancer, they've all gone in order (He mentioned that he had cancer once before, then got it again and beat it earlier this year, then had a stroke, this being the third bout with cancer) so that seems to check out. If you do a basic search of his posting history he has posted a few times in various threads about his clashes with cancer and such related things, earliest i found was 30 Jan 2009. So a good two years of openly admitting he has had/has cancer.

Huyi wrote:
    17 Apr 2009 - T-cell non-hodgkins lymphoma
    - When asked what type of cancer he had
    http://www.gpforums.co.nz/showthread...56#post5992056

Huyi wrote:
    9 Mar 2009 - I had cancer, it sucked seriously. Get that shit checked out asap for peace of mind.
    - In a thread about testicular cancer
    http://www.gpforums.co.nz/showthread...52#post5897052

7. Post
    **** off conebeast, go play in the music forums.

8. Post
    Hello, I would like to donate however can anyone show me some proof that this is for real and no TROLLING at all. ? since i didnt follow the story.

i dont have time to read 20+ pages of a thread

9. Post
    Apathetic tool, living up to your username well. Quit it.

Read the dam thread Cyber.

10. Post
    DJ wrote:
    Apathetic tool, living up to your username well. Quit it.
    It's Conebeast (>:3) who is still banned, so his current smurf account should also be banned.

11. Post
    Donated not much so hope it helps =<

12. Post
    Apathetic tool should have his name changed to just 'tool'. Also donated $16

13. Post
    I thought Apathetic tool was Cynos lol, but im clearly in no state right now

14. Post
    I'm going to be donating some money when I can find my wallet

15. Post
    Sent $50 - hope it helps you and your family Huyi.

16. Post
    Can we got a running tally of the total donations so far?

if everyone says what they have donated, then Moxpearl can update in the first post.

17. Post
    me $20

18. Post
    Chucked 20$ in, heart goes to ya br4

19. Post
    donated

20. Post
    donated $20
    Kia Kaha

21. Post
    Reckon we should post this on 4chan? A while back there was a dude that was completely bust, couldn't even afford rent and just asked for some small donations so he could get food for the coming week, and one dude ended up donating the full amount for rent ($500USD).

22. Post
    Strelok2012 wrote:
    Reckon we should post this on 4chan? A while back there was a dude that was completely bust, couldn't even afford rent and just asked for some small donations so he could get food for the coming week, and one dude ended up donating the full amount for rent ($500USD).
    **** no, we don't need the retards over at 4chan flooding GP

23. Post
    Strelok2012 wrote:
    Reckon we should post this on 4chan?
    no.. just.. no

24. Post
    MoxPearl wrote:
    no.. just.. no
    No I just meant the backstory and account number.

25. Post
    Strelok2012 wrote:
    Account number.
    If anyone could find a way to do something bad with this, it'd be someone on 4chan. DO NOT POST.