1. Arrow

Vanquish reviewed

Review by Matt Maguire;

Not nearly enough games encourage or feature rock power-slides these days. Sure, you could bust one out while riding the intoxicating high that follows solving a particularly vexing Scribblenauts puzzle but unless your floor is solid oak buffed to a concert piano sheen and you happen to be sporting your favourite PVC catsuit, you’ll be participating in some involuntary high-velocity coffee table/eye socket interfacing before you can say “YouTube sensation.”

That’s where Japanese developers Platinum Games have got your back, front, top, bottom, and miscellaneous appendages with their latest offering, Vanquish.
    Read more.

2. Post

3. Post
    Just started playing it about an hour ago. Lovin' it so far.

4. Post
    Holy balls this game sounds awesome!

Holy Balls!

5. Post
    I made it up to the end of Act 1 on Normal and then restarted on Hard. Ummmm, yeah, you won't finish this quickly on Hard. Looks fantastic on a big screen that's for sure.

6. Post
    Oh wow, i was a little ho-hum about this. Now I have to get it!

7. Post
    Just started Act 3 and man it's quite epic (Taken me around 5-7hrs on Hard maybe?)

This game needs more love. It's basically Gears of War on steroids and looks way better imo.

8. Post
    Just started playing on normal its pretty tough but i'm loving every minute of it, its non stop action and balls to the wall the power slide and the matrix bullet time add interesting elements I kinda wish there was a 2 player mode too bad most people will probably give this game a pass though

9. Post
    Hitokirix101 wrote:
    too bad most people will probably give this game a pass though
    This is a def purchase for me, it looks like it brings some proper reved up arcade action back into things. Just going to wait for a drop because I'm stingy

10. Post
    Or you could order it from the UK now for only $62NZ shipped.

11. Post
    Where from t0mby? Sounds a sweet enough deal

12. Post
    Sorry, Uzi, I might mention prices, but I don't think it's fair to list sites, they don't pay me for advertising.

Just knocked this game over. A total of 9 hours to complete on Hard excluding continutes/restarts (and believe me, there were a few on some stages). This game was just fantastic, some really explosive set pieces that knocked the shit out of anything this console generation imo. Such a highly polished product with well balanced gameplay. Glad I didn't breeze though it on Normal though because you can see it would be quite short if it was a breeze.

If you like good fast shooting action with fantastic direction or even enjoyed the Gears of War games then this is the shit right here.

13. Post
    t0mby wrote:
    Sorry, Uzi, I might mention prices, but I don't think it's fair to list sites, they don't pay me for advertising.
    Right

14. Post
    The demo was awesome and I was confused at the lack of attention it was receiving.
    Good to know it was excellent.
    Might pick it up when it's cheaper.

15. Post
    finished it last nite was pretty epic gonna give it a 2nd go on godhard hehe and LOL at this part I cracked up so hard:

16. Post
    That robot dance cracked me up first time I saw it, great way to break up am action packed level.

17. Post
    Brought this in the weekend - Love it.
    As a person who finish's games pretty easily its hard parting with the cash but this has been a good buy.

18. Post
    Brah, brah, is Platinum teasing a PC port?!
    http://nzgamer.com/news/11116/bayone...sh-teaser.html

19. Post
    All systems are go!
    https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/862322628534689792

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

20. Post
    Review link not working.. "404 FILE NOT FOUND"

21. Post
    Slack not having a 7 year old review up.

Played this on ps3 many years ago, A+ game if I had a gaming rig this would be wasting my time.

22. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    Slack not having a 7 year old review up.

Played this on ps3 many years ago, A+ game if I had a gaming rig this would be wasting my time.
    Derp, didn't even notice.

23. Post
    PC port is out and it's reportedly excellent. Praise be.