1. Arrow
    DICE has announced that it has cancelled the PC version of Battlefield 1943 and Onslaught mode for the PC version of Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

The studio has said that all available resources are being put into Battlefield 3 instead.
    Read more

2. Post
    BF3 best be good on release then

3. Post
    gliss wrote:

4. Post
    If that's what it takes, fine by me.

5. Post
    No big surprise there.

6. Post
    bf3 better be good, i couldn't care less for 1943 and the bc2 mode

7. Post
    Arrgghh. Oh well, hopefully BF3 kicks ass. I loved BF2, so heres hopes...

8. Post
    Annoying, the PC should still be considered as one of the consoles, if they release something for the 360/PS3, it should be released for PC as well.

9. Post
    I'm actually gutted, I was really looking forward to 1943 after playing it on the PS3

10. Post
    Good! Make one amazing game (BF3) rather than several mediocre games

11. Post
    gliss wrote:

12. Post
    I'm not even sure why BF1943 wasn't canned sooner, maybe it was on hold internally until BC2 vietnam came out

13. Post
    gliss wrote:

14. Post
    Sucks. I was holding off the XBLA version of 1943 waiting for PC. Will have to get it at the next special on console now.

15. Post
    If they released another patch for BC2 it would be over 3gb with the way their patching system works, ridiculous.

16. Post
    ugh I hate when devs/pubs string gamers along for months or even years they should've said something sooner!!! don't promise something you can't deliver

17. Post
    It puzzles me why there were still people holding out for BF43 on PC. '43 was intended to be a small casual game to tide people over until Bad Company 2 was released and for DICE to test out the Frostbite 1.5 engine. There were only 3 classes, everyone had unlimited ammo and there were only 4 maps... it was casual as. Why would you still want to play that when you had BC2?

As for Onslaught mode, it was cheap Survival mode where you just endless waves of A.I. *massive yawn* It always sounded totally not worth the money. Besides there are loads of games with a Survival mode:- Killing Floor is designed around the concept, L4D1+2 have one, AvP3, Halo's Firefight, CoD's zombies, GoW2's Horde, etc, etc.

18. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    It puzzles me why there were still people holding out for BF43 on PC. '43 was intended to be a small casual game to tide people over until Bad Company 2 was released and for DICE to test out the Frostbite 1.5 engine. There were only 3 classes, everyone had unlimited ammo and there were only 4 maps... it was casual as. Why would you still want to play that when you had BC2?
    1943 definitely has that old school Battlefield feel though. The conquest system is much more orientated around flags and the action is in small pockets around the map like the old BF's. BC2 conquest is far more kill orientated, and getting kills is more beneficial than holding flags.

I actually think the PC community would really enjoy it, especially those who prefer BF1942/BF2. It offers a very different pace of game. I honestly think it's a shame it won't be released, it would make a good stop gap between now and BF3.

19. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    1943 definitely has that old school Battlefield feel though. The conquest system is much more orientated around flags and the action is in small pockets around the map like the old BF's. BC2 conquest is far more kill orientated, and getting kills is more beneficial than holding flags.

I actually think the PC community would really enjoy it, especially those who prefer BF1942/BF2. It offers a very different pace of game. I honestly think it's a shame it won't be released, it would make a good stop gap between now and BF3.
    but by not releasing it, hopefully they have reduced the gap between now and BF3

20. Post
    gliss wrote:

21. Post
    They'll probably end up making bf1943 or similar as a DLC like they did with Vietnam anyway.