1. Post
    On Tuesday, February 22nd, Dead Money (available now on Xbox LIVE) will release for PlayStation 3 via PSN and PC via Steam and Direct 2 Drive. That was a lot quicker than I thought it would be. Whoop.

and
    In addition to Dead Money, we will be releasing three additional add-on packs in the coming months.These packs will launch simultaneously on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

2. Post
    Oh, awesome. I was expecting the DLC to delayed until like August-September-ish. At that point there'd be no point in me buying it all individually, with the inevitable GotY compilation out in October.

Dead Money looks neat, like a Battle Royale-ish exploitation film, crossed with a Sergio Leone Western, with a bit of System Shock.

3. Post
    Apparently about 5 hours long and raises the level cap to 35. Could be worth buying if its a decent price -say $10 USD.

4. Post
    have they fixed the bugs in new vegas?

5. Post
    I want to be able to play NV without it crashing first. Seriously I love the game so much but it crashes every couple of hours - tried all the common solutions, making NV run on 2 cores, disabling steam cloud etc. but no solution has come of it. Fallout 3 on the other hand works fine and dandy.

Please fix the current bugs before getting into new territory (and probably more bugs to boot) Bethesda.

6. Post
    knightwolf wrote:
    have they fixed the bugs in new vegas?
    I only started playing it about a week ago and I've only had two CTDs. The game seems fine for me in its current state. It's been more stable than Fallout 3 was 6 months after release for me but I suppose most of the things I did (bloody audio decoders etc) to fix that are preventing New Vegas from doing the same thing.

7. Post
    Install the Unofficial Patch and you'll be pretty much covered.

Mods which help stability and performance:-
    Stutter Remover (requires NVSE)
    Purge Cell Buffers
    3GB+ RAM Large Address Aware patch, for those running 3-4GB+ RAM and Windows x64. It enables the LARGEADDRESSAWARE flag in the game's 32-bit EXE and let's you take full advantage of all your system RAM and GPU's VRAM. Especially beneficial if you're running the game with hi-res texture packs.
    Better Game Performance V4

Also INI tweaks help a lot. I.e. the game has a lot of CPU multi-threading features turned off by default for some daft reason. Go through this tweak guide and the apply the multi-threading and memory usage tweaks to both Fallout_default.ini (in \Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\) and Fallout.ini (in C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\). Assuming that you launch the game through Steam, Fallout_default.ini will take priority, else the game falls back upon Fallout.ini.

8. Post
    New Vegas is 100x more stable than Fallout 3.

Okay, that is a blatant exaggeration...but seriously I can play a pretty heavily modded New Vegas, and not get any CTD's.

I couldn't even play vanilla Fallout 3 fully patched up without getting CTD's

9. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    ...but seriously I can play a pretty heavily modded New Vegas, and not get any CTD's.
    For some reason I read that as "not get any STD's"

I was talking about the ps3 version. Loved fallout 3 so will check this out as well

10. Post
    ^Oh yeah, I was referring to PC not PS3.

If anyone is having trouble with the PC version, follow EvaUnit02's advice.

11. Post
    The vibe of this is very different from the main game, took a little bit to make the adjustment but seems quite good so far.

12. Post
    From what I've read, it's supposed to be pure Planescape-esque Chris Avellone. I look forward to picking it up when it's on sale through the Steam store.

I don't want to pay full price for the DLC since I already dropped $140 on NV (for the LE). Being sold through Steam = inevitable heavy discount.

13. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    From what I've read, it's supposed to be pure Planescape-esque Chris Avellone. I look forward to picking it up when it's on sale through the Steam store.

I don't want to pay full price for the DLC since I already dropped $140 on NV (for the LE). Being sold through Steam = inevitable heavy discount.
    Also note that the majority of mods you listed above are not compatible with Dead Money, another reason to wait for a sale. (unless of course, they just happened to fix all the CTD/Stutter problems with the patch. Yeah right )