1. Post

Is Bleach and/or Naruto manga any good?

I must confess that I have never read either of them....

They are releasing omnibus editions of both (collecting together three volumes in approx 600pgs) and I wonder if they were worth picking up...

Since they are long running series were they good right from the beginning or does it take until volume 10 or something before things get going?

Also on a side note how badly are we getting ripped with manga pricing in this country? One of these omnibus editions is going to cost approx $NZD15 which isn't even enough to buy a single volume here...

2. Post
    Bleach picks up quite slowly and overall the story is just quite blend compared to Naruto. Naruto is better of the two in terms of pacing and story but dun expect OP epicness

3. Post
    Bleach before the Hueco Mundo arc = 7.5/10
    Bleach after the Hueco Mundo arc = 1/10

4. Post
    Naruto is so convoluted, never captured me like Bleach did. I like One Piece better than both though.

5. Post
    Bleach started out good, but it went down hill fast after the soul society arc. One Piece started slow but keeps getting better. Naruto has been amazing from start to finish and for me is by far the best. The characterisation is amazing, the story is incredibly rich and the battles are epic. One Piece is similar, but it has a more slapstick tone to it. Bleach and One Piece are complete opposites in terms of artwork and storytelling. One Piece has incredible detail in each chapter, in both content and artwork - almost too much detail I can't take it all in, whereas Bleach is so slow paced in terms of content, but has very strong focus on character art

Weird how opinions differ so much...

6. Post
    bleach is alrite/average

naruto is great, i really like it.

never gotten into one piece

7. Post
    Yea one piece started off rather slow but it picks up and becomes awesome. I suggest you watch some of these videos of the epic action is well worth it

8. Post
    I guess the advantage to reading Naruto is not having to put up with all the disgusting filler of the anime. The anime is literally unwatchable.

One piece does filler right, it never actually feels like filler.

9. Post
    Yea because their fillers are only say one or 2 episodes long! (how it should be ) I agree OP does do fillers fillers right. And +1 that One Piece does take a bit of patience to get in to, its one of the most famous Manga/Anime today for a reason :P

10. Post
    Love Naruto, been following the anime since day 1, got to the stage where there were just too many fillers so jumped onto the manga and glad I did. I really enjoy the manga but still prefer the anime.

I tried bleach several times but I just never really got into it (anime only).

11. Post
    bleach manga is very slow paced and gets annoying when reading weekly, but reading it all at once would be good. it does go downhill after the soul society arc tho.
    where as people have said naruto is still good and one piece just keeps getting better.. dat detail http://iforce.co.nz/i/iojlt4u0.ppa.jpg

12. Post
    nah at this point naruto is good but not long before the current arc i was so bored i got about 4 chapters behind and didnt care but bleach i didnt let go of and now it seems to have gained a new interest

13. Post
    darc9999 I'm shocked!

14. Post
    yea i am shocked too, coz the last 10 bleach chapters were pretty awful...

15. Post
    naruto manga started going downhill fast around (before & after) the 2 year gap and sasuke turns super emo. lately the story line seem so butchered with "20 different things going on with 20 different characters". it's as if the story has been written by another person.

(i don't know why, but) i still keep up with bleach manga from time to time. the pace is too slow, has the too many character thing going on, and the story/twist gives off a feeling that it was rushed at the last minute.

16. Post
    darc9999 wrote:
    nah at this point naruto is good but not long before the current arc i was so bored i got about 4 chapters behind and didnt care but bleach i didnt let go of and now it seems to have gained a new interest

17. Post
    One Piece anime's pretty sweet. Have all the episodes (so far) on HDD.

Manga worth reading?

18. Post
    Blinkwing wrote:
    One Piece anime's pretty sweet. Have all the episodes (so far) on HDD.

Manga worth reading?
    the manga is many times better of course

19. Post
    Spitfire wrote:
    the manga is many times better of course
    m'kay, guess I'll get started tonight. If it's as good as you say, I won't be sleeping.

20. Post
    Blinkwing wrote:
    m'kay, guess I'll get started tonight. If it's as good as you say, I won't be sleeping.
    im jealous you have so many unread chapters you can read

21. Post
    Both are good. Bleach's ending to it's previous Arc seemed really anti-climatic after all that we endured building up to it. The current arc has me interested but was kinda predictable, can't really comment until I see where Kubo is going with it.

As for Naruto, I was getting so sick of the whining about Sasuke and the enemies noone could beat but Naruto, but now that there is action out the ass atm it's actually quite interesting. Sure they're recycling old characters making them seem even weaker in most cases but who cares as long as the actions good.

I followed FMA alot and that was a great manga before it ended but other then that I haven't kept up to date with any mangas apart from Bleach and Naruto. Haven't even touched One Piece.

22. Post
    Wheres the best place to buy Manga in nz?

23. Post
    borders does a good collection

24. Post
    Mark One is where I buy my stuff from in H-Town. Just recently got Chobits volume 1 = 700 pages for 35 bucks. So if there's one in your town I recommend going there.

25. Post
    well both naruto and bleach is based on friendship as well as shounen. bleach is pretty much simple if you compare it with naruto, naruto despite being lengthy ass manga it serves its reader with action romance drama with more intensity.