1. Post

Rumour - Activision to buy Take 2?

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/43003/Acti...Take-Two-swoop

An eventful week for Activision rolls on: rumours are circulating at the highest level that the company is eyeing a shock acquisition of rival Take-Two.
    If true, and if successful, the bid would bring blockbuster brands and hit studios under one roof – Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto, BioShock and World at Warcraft, all living together.
    In 2010 it was rumoured that Icahn, who is a former chairman and now a major shareholder of rental chain Blockbuster, was prepping Take-Two for acquisition.
    THIS IS JUST A RUMOUR but isn't actually completely unreasonable. Given that Activision have dropped or molested to death their less profitable franchises, they could very well be on the look-out for some valuable acquisitions. They certainly have the funds for it.

2. Post
    Even if they did the buyout, I doubt they would have much luck ruining GTA (because of the high quality control Take 2 demands internally).

3. Post
    +bobby kotick would try and make you pay with real money for weapons and food in game.

4. Post
    Chunky wrote:
    Even if they did the buyout, I doubt they would have much luck ruining GTA (because of the high quality control Take 2 demands internally).
    If they owned Take 2, they could demand whatever they wanted. Blizzard gets away with what it does because Activision doesn't want to **** with the goose that lays the golden egg. Take 2 doesn't have that pedigree.

I mean, look at Infinity Ward. Those that don't play ball get fired.

5. Post
    Everyone forgetting the attempted hostile takeover by EA in 2008?

6. Post
    ChineseKiwi wrote:
    Everyone forgetting the attempted hostile takeover by EA in 2008?
    Things change.
    In 2008 EA attempted a hostile takeover of the publisher valued at around $2bn – an amount that represented a hefty premium over the company's actual share value.
    Take-Two though remained resolute in its defiance of the move, ignoring several extended deadlines and public statements of intent from EA boss John Riccitiello. Take-Two's then executive chairman Strauss Zelnick branded the bid as "inadequate".
    Of course, that was 2008. In the time that has followed there have been changes at Take-Two, most notably the increased stake of media magnate and billionaire Carl Icahn. In 2010 it was rumoured that Icahn, who is a former chairman and now a major shareholder of rental chain Blockbuster, was prepping Take-Two for acquisition.

7. Post
    goodbye gta

8. Post
    I hate corporations so much...

9. Post
    Tony Hawk skating through Liberty City. Come on, you know you want it!

10. Post
    sif take 2 will do it.

11. Post
    I would think that Take 2 were doing fine for themselves?

12. Post
    Jopsy wrote:
    I would think that Take 2 were doing fine for themselves?
    Pretty much this.

13. Post
    What would that have to do with anything? Companies don't just get sold when they're failing.