Page 2 of 2 First 12
Results 26 to 37 of 37

  1. Post
    #26
    I'm looking at importing this phone - http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto-...eywords=moto+g

    Am I right in that it won't work on Telecom?

    Would it have any problems on Vodafone or 2Degrees? TBH I don't really mind who my provider is, I usually chuck $20 on a month and that lasts me fine.

    Can you keep your existing number (I'm with Telecom) when you switch to the other providers?

    Cheers

  2. Post
    #27
    koldz wrote:
    I'm looking at importing this phone - http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto-...eywords=moto+g

    Am I right in that it won't work on Telecom?

    Would it have any problems on Vodafone or 2Degrees? TBH I don't really mind who my provider is, I usually chuck $20 on a month and that lasts me fine.

    Can you keep your existing number (I'm with Telecom) when you switch to the other providers?

    Cheers
    No, the global GSM version will work on all three providers.

  3. Post
    #28
    KevinL wrote:
    No, the global GSM version will work on all three providers.
    Excuse my ignorance, but in the first post it says:

    "Telecom
    2G/GSM: NONE

    As per the information above, Telecom does not run a 2G/GSM network. XT is a 850mhz/2100mhz 3G Only network."

    Is this not up to date? Or am I misunderstanding?

  4. Post
    #29
    koldz wrote:
    Excuse my ignorance, but in the first post it says:

    "Telecom
    2G/GSM: NONE

    As per the information above, Telecom does not run a 2G/GSM network. XT is a 850mhz/2100mhz 3G Only network."

    Is this not up to date? Or am I misunderstanding?
    Yes, and the Moto G supports 850Mhz/2100Mhz 3G for use on the Telecom network.

  5. Post
    #30
    GSM is a 2G network. Telecom runs 3G and 4G networks, so 2G is irrelevant. If you check the HSDPA networks on the specs page below, you'll see if has the 3G frequencies for all 3 NZ networks.

    http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g-5831.php

  6. Post
    #31
    Awesome, thanks guys!

  7. Post
    #32
    Great thread thanks. A question though, I'm going to buy a Z3 compact and there are two versions (model# D5803 & model# D5833), both have all the bands listed in the OP. So is there any point in worrying about which one to get? D5803 appears to have more bands except D5833 has "LTE 2300 TD-LTE". Which one to go for?

    2G Network
    D5803 & D5833 - GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

    3G Network
    D5803 - HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100
    D5833 - HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100

    4G Network
    D5803 - LTE 700/800/850/900/1700/1800/1900/2100/2600
    D5833 - LTE 700 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600
    D5833 - LTE 2300 TD-LTE

  8. Post
    #33
    Great info and well researched
    A question if I may
    I have an LG G3 D855 paralell import which I have been running on VF now for 3mnths and getting 4g
    My work now pays for my phone but have shifted me to Telecom
    Every thing works from the get go but for some reason am unable to achieve 3g. Mobile network type HSPA or H
    Data enabled and all my APN settings loaded automatically when I inserted the sim. Checked apn settings and all are fine
    Live in Hastings and cell coverage according to the maps should give me 3g
    Any Ideas ???

    pitty my research wasn't as thourough. Telecom 3g is Hspa
    Too used to seeing 3 or 4g from VF
    Last edited by luvvt; 30th October 2014 at 9:49 pm.

  9. Post
    #34

    Updated maps?

    Are there any newer versions of these coverage maps floating round?

    Seen a couple of sites which don't come up on google earth...

  10. Post
    #35
    Found this on reddit http://www.willmyphonework.net/

    Tested my phone to my network and it came up with expected results. Site seems pretty good.

  11. Post
    #36
    Heres an updated frequency list for Vodafone

    Source

    Vodafone
    2G - 900/ 1800 MHz GSM, GPRS
    3G - 900/ 2100 MHz UMTS, HSPA, HSPA+, DC-HSPA+
    4G - 1800 MHz LTE

  12. Post
    #37
    Seems like there are new frequency for Vodafone now, same source as the one in the previous post

    Below are Vodafone NZ's frequency Spectrum

    2G - 900/ 1800 MHz GSM, GPRS
    3G - 900/ 2100 MHz UMTS, HSPA, HSPA+, DC-HSPA+
    4G - 1800 MHz LTE, 2600 MHz, and 700 MHz ( LTE band 3/7/28 )

    Wikipedia also has a pretty good list including details for carrier aggregation
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tworks#Oceania