Mountain Biking

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 5225

1. Post
    I’m going to have a whole heap of bike tools for sale shortly, if anyone is interested otherwise I’ll chuck it all on trademe

2. Post
    ilikepie2 wrote:
    Iím going to have a whole heap of bike tools for sale shortly, if anyone is interested otherwise Iíll chuck it all on trademe
    PMd

3. Post
    Be nice to hear what you have. I'm always buying tools but don't know what I need ^.^

4. Post
    I’ll make some time tomorrow to pull everything out and get a list, I just have way to much shit and really need to down size haha

I somehow keep ending up with more and more things and I’m running out of room to store it all

5. Post
    Yeah me too kind of.
    I want all my tools, but I have some very silly things in my bike boxes...about 5 spare stems. 4 Thomson Elites... Crap like that.

6. Post
    Just had a quick look at a couple of the boxes

Things I’ll definitely be selling

Pro tools tool kit 22 pieces
    Torque wrench 0-22nm
    Rock shox digital shock pump
    2 maxxis taiaha 27.5 tyres
    Maxxis mudguards
    Camel bak HAWG LR

7. Post
    ilikepie2 wrote:
    Just had a quick look at a couple of the boxes

Things I’ll definitely be selling

Pro tools tool kit 22 pieces
    Torque wrench 0-22nm
    Rock shox digital shock pump
    2 maxxis taiaha 27.5 tyres
    Maxxis mudguards
    Camel bak HAWG LR
    Keen on the shock pump, torque wrench and camelbak depending on price

8. Post
    beat me to it friend!

Could be keen on those tyres depending on their spec and price, can easily pick up too.
    Also tool kit.

9. Post
    Nice. Nothing for me. Digi shock pump would be cool to have but not really useful enough to me.

10. Post
    If you've got a compact enough multitool let me know.

11. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    If you've got a compact enough multitool let me know.
    Think I’ve only got a small set of Allen keys, gave a multi tool to a mate.

Can’t wait for this weather to clear to go for a ride

12. Post
    Yeah glad I got a ride in on Friday while the weather was decent. Though I did feel average, forgot to drop my seat post and went OTB into the river

13. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    Yeah glad I got a ride in on Friday while the weather was decent. Though I did feel average, forgot to drop my seat post and went OTB into the river
    Haha doing that or forgetting to open the rear shock, such a pain in the ass when you do that.

14. Post
    Went out to Wainui with some mates this afternoon, was actually really good on Freewheel and Superplus. Did a few loops of that which left me feeling dead since it was the first time on the bike in bloody ages.

15. Post
    What place do you guys recommend to get a hard tail a complete bike service in Auckland?

16. Post
    Uh oh.
    I have a bit of new bike envy for these new Banshees.

I'm too midget for a 29r and the Rune is too much travel.
    New Spitfire plz!

17. Post
    Really? They incredibly vanilla, nowhere near as nice as the old stuff.

18. Post
    fatesjester wrote:
    Really? They incredibly vanilla, nowhere near as nice as the old stuff.
    Agree, but now it has a trunnion mounted shock, internal cables (not sure if they'll rattle), better bottle location, lower weight and tweaked geo.
    All things that have needed to change since the V2 frames.
    I think I can ignore that it looks like a Giant.

19. Post
    This hyped me for their bikes.. until I checked the price

20. Post
    Their bikes are always expensive here. Their cheapest 2020 model is 8k at EVO

21. Post
    I actually like the look of the new Banshee’s, I’d be keen to try one of the Atherton bikes once/if they come to the market, only problem I can see is them being so expensive it’s not funny

22. Post

Oh me oh my these things are beautiful. The guys at MyRide absolutely loved them too, sounded like they got a bit spooked by hard they grab. Cost a pretty penny to get it all set up but I'm happier knowing it was done right.

23. Post
    Good double lap up at Makara this afternoon. Brakes rode excellently.
    One small issue with the front brake though, it doesn't spring back after being pulled - doesn't affect performance but would like it to be fixed.

Got a lot of comments on their look which was nice.

24. Post
    Got some Nukeproof ARD inserts cheap from someone on Facebook.
    Thought I'd give this new fangled thing a whirl.
    Had done my research and some are saying they go loose and rattle around in your tire but Nukeproof give you instructions on how to cut it down and re-join it with glue and a ziptie, to which people have found effective.
    Installing them inside-out seems to work too.

Rear one I installed inside out and was nice and tight.
    Just had to stuff the bead further under the insert to get the last of the bead in.
    Aired up just fine.

Front one is loose.
    Decided to see if it mattered and installed it as is.
    No issues, aired up just fine.

Yesterday's ride I reduced pressure by 2 psi both ends.
    Just a quick blat at CAP.
    Rear felt good, but the front felt a a tiny bit vague but oodles of grip.

Today's ride I further reduced pressure by 1 psi.
    Rear felt good again but I was a little worried the front has too much grip.
    Landed a jump with a berm right after with about 2m of braking area.
    Came in hot, front got squirrely under brakes and I got yeeted over the berm.
    Stopped rolling about 7m down the steep-ish bank, luckily missing the rocks.
    I was just worried I was gonna get clobbered by my bike.

Think I might bring the front back up to my usual 20psi and leave it at that.
    Old wtb i25s aren't the widest so might just have to rely on pressure for lateral support again.
    Never really needed more grip up front now I have a Lyrik.

This weekend hasn't been plain sailing for riding.
    Yesterday had to help out a grom that went down.
    Luckily after about 5 mins he was back on his feet so he'll be right.

Today's wasn't so lucky.
    If people here know Vic Park in Chch the scene was the 15' jump up top.
    We'd been eyeing it up and was watching a kid roll up on it.
    Take-off was good but he must've landed a little tilted and he landed in a heap on his shoulder.
    Poor boy was in a bit of pain.
    We sorted out the ambulance and got his dad to arrive.
    There was even some talk of heli-ing him out as we were leaving.
    Heal up dude!

25. Post
    Damn that sucks bad enough when you crash yourself but when you see kids crash it’s shit.

I was meant to go for a ride today but got caught up doing other things really need to prioritise riding in the weekends haha.

Fatesjester any reason you went for plain hoses rather than the braided ones they do?