Mountain Biking

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 4,901 to 4,919 of 4919

1. Post
    Picked up a tool kit https://www.hyperride.co.nz/product/...-with-hardcase

But have been given something else by a friend, letting it go for $150 only opened it to check it out have not used anything. Then found out I was being given the other tools

Pain in the ass but oh well haha
    Last edited by ilikepie2; 30th April 2019 at 8:19 pm.

2. Post
    Ended up buying the Cane Creek Helm fork that I was testing. Too rad not to. I've always fought with support vs arm pump and this fork just changes that equation completely. Firm as **** with no downsides.

Also considering buying the Hayes Dominions I've been testing for the last few months. I really don't need new brakes right now but I've been spoiled by the damn things and I'm honestly struggling with the thought of sending them back.

Good time for slightly alternative products I guess!

3. Post
    Haha nice man good to hear other brands are putting out good products, my hope v4s turned up damaged so sent them back to the uk this morning

4. Post
    Bugger. My friend and very, very good rider is on those and seems to like them so hopefully you get things sorted.

5. Post
    Yeah I’m in two minds about wether or not I get another set or just get something else. I rode my friends bike who says the v4s heaps of modulation but not 100% sure if the stopping power would compare to saints etc

6. Post
    Anybody need a 170mm 2019 Debonair spring for a 650b Lyrik?
    I'mma pull one out of a fork hopefully this weekend.

7. Post
    AstoriaParanoia wrote:
    Anybody need a 170mm 2019 Debonair spring for a 650b Lyrik?
    I'mma pull one out of a fork hopefully this weekend.
    Sold

8. Post
    A mate of mine hates his V4s with a passion. He's spent a lot of money getting the right pads, discs etc. Possibly they need a bleed but he's always struggled. He came from Saints. He has Trickstuffs coming in June to replace them.

9. Post
    I’d really like trickstuffs but god damn they are so expensive, hoping my shock turns up today I’m so keen to get out on the bike

Managed to get my hands on some taiaha tyres should arrive early next week I can’t wait and my shock is on its way back

List of items I’m currently selling

Camelbak Hawg LR - used
    Fox d30 launch pro knee pads size L - brand new
    Pro tools tool kit - brand new
    Ergon Ge1 laser lemon, dmr deathgrips orange - both brand new
    Last edited by ilikepie2; 3rd May 2019 at 4:16 pm.

10. Post
    was someone here selling saint brakes, or did I read that else where?

11. Post
    Yep I have a set for sale,

Managed to get myself a set of Cushcore quite cheap will be interesting to see how it performs and got my shock back today.

Once my crushcore arrives should be tomorrow or Wednesday I’ll throw it on, put my new tyres on and go for a blast see how it all rides

Edit
    Today I went and got my Cushcore put it, new maxxis taiahas on and put the rev grips she’s all good to go now
    Last edited by ilikepie2; 9th May 2019 at 9:02 pm.

12. Post
    New parts day! Feeling like a proper mechanic now. I also have a few new tyres on the way to run the inserts in

13. Post
    Would like to hear how you go with those Rimpacts*.
    Even cheaper than the Nukeproof ARDs I was eyeing up.
    Are those valves anything special?

edit: I see they have the ports to the side so are necessary.

*hurrr

14. Post
    Even better than that they have 4 holes around the base so shouldn't have any issues with getting gunked up

15. Post
    Nice.
    What width tires are they going into?

16. Post
    Did you get that torque wrench locally or was it from crc or something?

17. Post
    I bought 2.5 inch DHF Minion WT. Went for the lighter Exo casing rather than DD. Don't seem to have issues with side wall damage but boy have I been denting my rims lately.

Yeah got the torque wrench from Crc. Seems well made

18. Post
    Thanks man I’ve been looking at one of these https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/.../rp-prod116272

But will take a look at that one as it goes abit higher

19. Post
    I just went for the cheapest with good reviews