Mountain Biking

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 4750

1. Post
    All my stuff has arrived done the stickers last night hopefully get pedals on tonight then you guys can see the updated bike

Question after putting my new dropper lever on sometimes it feels like you have to push it all the way around to get the seat post to move what could it be

2. Post
    maybe the seat post clamp is too tight around the dropper post?

3. Post
    Hmm I’ll try loosen it tonight see if that help bike looks so sick with orange

4. Post
    Is the lever for your dropper cable or hydraulic?

5. Post
    Wolftooth lever with fox transfer dropper - cable

6. Post
    Cable isn't tight at either the lever end or seatpost end ie fitting into the actuator.

7. Post
    Had a dumb moment with that had a cable tensioner on it just needed to be undone abit.

Had my first ride of summer today **** it was good to be back on the bike so unfit tho

8. Post
    Hell yeah.
    Stoked with my brake upgrade.
    Felt like I could go faster as I can now easily reign it in.

9. Post
    Getting the bike ready for a ride this morning the dhx2 is making a weird noise ffs off to the shop it goes. Not having much luck with my body or the bike

Update - dhx2 will be getting sent away they think it has air in the damper
    Last edited by ilikepie2; 21st January 2019 at 10:25 am.

10. Post
    ^guts.

Got my sealant in the mail yesterday, fixed my rear tyre which had a big gash in the side under the rim, so had to use my other spare. Greased the linkages. Now it's ready for action.. but my body isn't. lamebuzz.

11. Post
    Went otb and got pile driven into a solid tree on Sunday.
    Made some raped walrus noises as I struggled to breathe.
    Couple days with bruised ribs but feeling pretty lucky from the force of the impact.

Rebound damper died later on in the ride so she' was off to the shop last night.

Been razzing around on the Privee again.
    Good fun.

12. Post
    ^Haha that's how I sounded when I smashed my ribs on my last ride. Did you hit your head at all?

13. Post
    Maybe when I finally hit the grind but my torso definitely took most of the brunt.
    It was also the start of the ride hehe.

14. Post
    Why is it always start of the ride or last run of the day haha. Hope your all good astoria. No update on my shock yet pretty bummed tbh might have to try grab a demo bike for the weekend

15. Post
    ilikepie2 wrote:
    Why is it always start of the ride or last run of the day haha.
    Always do 2 more runs, and then don't do the last one. Never do "one more run"

16. Post
    that’s a good way to do it haha
    Last edited by ilikepie2; 24th January 2019 at 10:06 pm.

17. Post
    I'm 2 bikes down atm. Chain ring and cassette are a bit wrecked on the reign so they're on order. Took the trance out last week and the brakes failed on the way down Mt hutt xD. Made for a fun ride down so they need a bleed and I don't have a kit. So back to running till I get bits.

18. Post
    Hoping to get my shock back tomorrow but will just depend on if blue shark sent for sat delivery otherwise it will be back next week, still waiting on my dmr deathgrips to arrive. All going well back on the back Sunday but would say more likely next weekend

19. Post
    Is it worth going tubeless for a hardtail with non-tubeless tyres and rims? (I think they are non-tubeless, doesn't say they are tubeless like most do).

I rode at the Kalamunda Trails in Perth and I hired a modified Roscoe 8 with custom tyres and I think a Rockshox Yari fork. It felt much nicer than my bike on rocky terrain and roots. I was wondering if that's because it was tubeless? Or was it mostly the Yari fork?

I haven't had a puncture yet with tubes, but to be fair I am still learning so probably don't go fast enough to do so.

20. Post
    In short: yes.

21. Post
    Axle should arrive mid-week. So hype! 6 weeks without riding!

22. Post
    AlDrag wrote:
    Is it worth going tubeless for a hardtail with non-tubeless tyres and rims? (I think they are non-tubeless, doesn't say they are tubeless like most do).

I rode at the Kalamunda Trails in Perth and I hired a modified Roscoe 8 with custom tyres and I think a Rockshox Yari fork. It felt much nicer than my bike on rocky terrain and roots. I was wondering if that's because it was tubeless? Or was it mostly the Yari fork?

I haven't had a puncture yet with tubes, but to be fair I am still learning so probably don't go fast enough to do so.
    tubeless all day!

23. Post
    AstoriaParanoia wrote:
    In short: yes.
    Pxndx wrote:
    tubeless all day!
    This.
    I converted my non TR rims using a basic kit off CRC. Worked a treat, was able to run the tyres at a lower pressure allowing for a less bumpy ride and more grip!

24. Post
    Just picked up one of them feedback scorpion stands so much better than the one I had

But now looking for a wall mount one of my friends is a dick haha
    Last edited by ilikepie2; 27th January 2019 at 1:41 pm.

25. Post
    I've stuck a mates spare 29" wheel set onto my genius, gonna give it a go from having 27.5 plus wheels. Hope I don't love it cause then I'll have to buy some