Mountain Biking

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 4824

1. Post
    AstoriaParanoia wrote:
    Guy: Wiggle and CRC merged a while ago.
    See how little Shimano is in stock on there.
    The AU site too.

I was eyeing up some 4-pot XTs from bike-discount.de as it was cheaper anyways.

Nice one on the dropper.
    Though you should've been dropping your saddle manually anyways.

Nah I ride xc 100% so had a fixed seat collar. I got a dropper basically so I can ride with my boy on a shotgun seat: 1 million percent worth it.

I didn't know about that site. Whats the pricing/delivery/service like compared to wiggle?
    Last edited by SheepShagger556; 4th January 2019 at 6:44 pm.

2. Post
    SheepShagger556 wrote:
    I didn't know about that site. Whats the pricing/delivery/service like compared to wiggle?
    Not that good.
    Ain't free after a certain point like Wiggle and CRC.

Merlin Cycles is still an option with free shipping.
    Should really buy those brakes before they get hit too.

3. Post
    CRC now have some limited Shimano stuff back on, prices are way higher though. XT brakes are now $300ish when they used to be $150 pre-2019...
    Where do you guys buy your SRAM components?

4. Post
    The rubbish skip outside work

5. Post
    I buy all my SRAM from Evo/T7 when they have their 20% sales. It wasn't too bad.

6. Post
    Any of you guys riding lately? Awfully quiet in here. Maybe that's a good sign though!

I crashed hard yesterday. Rode out the trail fine.. got home and my rear tubeless tyre was flat.. weird. Either it had a hole and having it strapped to my roof rack pushed the air out, or someone emptied the air out of it in the supermarket car park lol .

7. Post
    Went to 440 and Woodhill during the break. Tried to do Low Carb at 440 but it was slippery still and some parts were not rideable (at least not by me or my friends). Really enjoying Booty Call trail lately at Woodhill though and having the e-bike has really given Woodhill a new breath of life. Its been a really fun and exciting experience.

I should get some better photos, but always forget to spend time taking them when riding with friends.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181229_104130 resize.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	713.0 KB 
ID:	224584

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190105_125201 resize.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	673.9 KB 
ID:	224585

8. Post
    Went out and did Old Ghost Road, Wakamarina, Whites Bay and Kirwans over the holidays. We've had epic weather over the South lately which has meant epic riding!

9. Post
    Nice. My summer has worked out pretty well so far. Some classics:

Nydia track - rad
    Wakamarina - rad
    Rameka - rad
    Kill Devil - rad
    Kirwans - rad

Bit of a theme there.

Among some others. Did my favourite loop ever which is in nelson - black diamond into sunrise into crankenstein into 629.

Rode kaka and putakari hung over after a 3:30am finish for new years. That was pretty hectic.

Rode bikes for christmas day which was cool.

Got some hayes dominions to test, works out pretty well because I ran out of front brake pads halfway down kirwans and my rears were so damn borderline I was praying they wouldn't give me any trouble.

10. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    Any of you guys riding lately? Awfully quiet in here. Maybe that's a good sign though!

I crashed hard yesterday. Rode out the trail fine.. got home and my rear tubeless tyre was flat.. weird. Either it had a hole and having it strapped to my roof rack pushed the air out, or someone emptied the air out of it in the supermarket car park lol .
    Unfortunately not atm, few more jobs to do then can stop paying for the scaffold. Hopefully first ride of summer on Sunday everything going to plan

11. Post
    AgrAde wrote:
    Nice. My summer has worked out pretty well so far. Some classics:

Nydia track - rad
    Wakamarina - rad
    Rameka - rad
    Kill Devil - rad
    Kirwans - rad

Bit of a theme there.

Among some others. Did my favourite loop ever which is in nelson - black diamond into sunrise into crankenstein into 629.

Rode kaka and putakari hung over after a 3:30am finish for new years. That was pretty hectic.

Rode bikes for christmas day which was cool.

Got some hayes dominions to test, works out pretty well because I ran out of front brake pads halfway down kirwans and my rears were so damn borderline I was praying they wouldn't give me any trouble.
    How'd you get by on the Black Diamond track? That's probably one of the more technical climbs I've ever done/walked. Never done the Crankenstein/629 loop.. I've only been out there once and did the Peaking Ridge descent which I thought was awesome.

12. Post
    Still waiting on my replacement axle to arrive

13. Post
    redlimit wrote:
    How'd you get by on the Black Diamond track? That's probably one of the more technical climbs I've ever done/walked. Never done the Crankenstein/629 loop.. I've only been out there once and did the Peaking Ridge descent which I thought was awesome.
    Yeah it's punchy and technical for sure, and some bits are obviously unrideable. Throws you in the deep end and gets you in the swing of things in time for sunrise which is dope as ****.

Peaking is super rad, just over a little soon i reckon. Going on to crank/629 makes the descent last a bit longer. Bit of a step up in difficulty in parts but really rewarding.

14. Post
    Quick question, what would be the best town in the South Island for a relatively new mountain biker renting and riding a mountain bike for a day or 2?

Will be heading down there for a couple of weeks early next month. I have a decent mountain bike of my own but taking it with me isn't an option as I will be travelling on my motorbike.

15. Post
    Broke a rib going OTB at Mt Vic been out for a couple of weeks. Feeling reasonable so back to it next weekend I think.

16. Post
    Guts! I can barely lift anything without shooting pains in my shoulder and rib cage from my crash the other day. Sucks when you have to take it easy on the bike while you recover.

17. Post
    Headcrab wrote:
    Quick question, what would be the best town in the South Island for a relatively new mountain biker renting and riding a mountain bike for a day or 2?

Will be heading down there for a couple of weeks early next month. I have a decent mountain bike of my own but taking it with me isn't an option as I will be travelling on my motorbike.
    Nelson or Queenstown.

18. Post
    PhillipNZ wrote:
    Broke a rib going OTB at Mt Vic been out for a couple of weeks. Feeling reasonable so back to it next weekend I think.
    Ooh damn, what track? I’m back on next weekend got all the major jobs done at home this weekend just need some good weather to get the bike out.

The green rim decals/pedals are doing my head in after putting the orange dhx2 on

19. Post
    ilikepie2 wrote:
    Ooh damn, what track? I’m back on next weekend got all the major jobs done at home this weekend just need some good weather to get the bike out.

The green rim decals/pedals are doing my head in after putting the orange dhx2 on
    Large root section on Super D line just after TTS turn off. Tried a different far left line. Didnt work haha.

20. Post
    I want to ride bad, but need to recover. I also ordered a liter of tubeless sealant, so I'll need that to inflate my tyre first.

21. Post
    PhillipNZ wrote:
    Large root section on Super D line just after TTS turn off. Tried a different far left line. Didnt work haha.
    Oh bomb hole? Done my ribs on that one

22. Post
    Bomb hole is a tricky one

23. Post
    Nah it really isn’t mine was a stupid crash trying new lines etc went to far right rear wheel spun on the pine needles and down the bank it went.

If you go straight down the middle of the drop it’s easy then just guide yourself through the big roots. I’ve seen people jump the gap haha

Picked up my orange rim stickers today and have ordered orange tmacs. Will have some green ones up for sale soon

Ordered some new freeriders as well just need some new shorts and I’m good to go
    Last edited by ilikepie2; 16th January 2019 at 6:53 am.

24. Post
    AstoriaParanoia wrote:
    Not that good.
    Ain't free after a certain point like Wiggle and CRC.

Merlin Cycles is still an option with free shipping.
    Should really buy those brakes before they get hit too.
    Looks like there is a couple of places you can still order Shimano gear from online with out the geo-tax. I just bought full XT 8000 11 speed (derailer, cassette, shifter) for under $300 NZ. Plus a front xt brake leaver for $45.
    Just need to shop around.

25. Post
    SheepShagger556 wrote:
    Looks like there is a couple of places you can still order Shimano gear from online with out the geo-tax. I just bought full XT 8000 11 speed (derailer, cassette, shifter) for under $300 NZ. Plus a front xt brake leaver for $45.
    Just need to shop around.
    Nice, where from?
    My 4 pot XTs came from Merlin today.
    Looking forward to testing them this weekend.