Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 4,926 to 4,945 of 4945

1. Post
    Insurance?

2. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    Insurance?
    Nope unfortunately not. They cut my bike rack off the back of car and took the lot

3. Post
    Guts to hear Ludez, bloody low life scum. Bike theft is way too common cause nothing gets done about it.

4. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    Guts to hear Ludez, bloody low life scum. Bike theft is way too common cause nothing gets done about it.
    Yep called police and nothing really they can do. No cameras where we were parked. This stuff has never happened to me before in Blenheim, usually never happens here.

Bloody gutted had planned a few trips already with some local guys.

5. Post
    Maybe post photos of it on the NZ MTB SALES and New Zealand Mountain Bike Sales facebook pages to report it as stolen. A few people spot stolen bikes on there.

edit: post their sightings of stolen bikes on there*
    Last edited by Pxndx; 4th June 2019 at 1:08 pm.

6. Post
    Yeah have been told to do that Spoke to the bike shops here as well and let them know and they will keep an eye out.

7. Post
    Sorry to hear Ludez.
    It's all good to have drop a bit of coin on a bike but it's important to insure it and make sure it's secure.
    There's a reason why I am very hesitant to leave my bike on the rack unattended, almost never do.
    Hope someone spots it and chases them down.

8. Post
    AstoriaParanoia wrote:
    Sorry to hear Ludez.
    It's all good to have drop a bit of coin on a bike but it's important to insure it and make sure it's secure.
    There's a reason why I am very hesitant to leave my bike on the rack unattended, almost never do.
    Hope someone spots it and chases them down.
    Couldn't find a viable insurer here for it. And it's always locked up except for today when we were going to do a family bike afte our hospital visit for my son.

9. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Couldn't find a viable insurer here for it. And it's always locked up except for today when we were going to do a family bike afte our hospital visit for my son.
    Mines insured with Ami under house and contents just have to specify it and the excess on the bike is slightly higher than if I claimed on anything else

Bikes upto around $4000 are covered under normal house and contents and don’t need to be specified from memory
    Last edited by ilikepie2; 4th June 2019 at 6:51 pm.

10. Post
    Yep, mine are covered up to 5k under house and contents (the same as any other single item). Above that I just need to specify it - I got my LBS to list all the parts on my custom bike that was worth about 7.5K when it was built.

Sorry to hear that by the way ludez.

11. Post
    I'm renting and have a boarder(mother in law) so just wasn't a viable option for us. Shit happens I guess

12. Post
    Ah bugger. Hopefully being a small town you'll have better luck finding them.

13. Post
    ^just dont be one of those dudes on the mtb sales pages that take a photo of their bike being ridden and not chase them down lol.

14. Post
    Man I'm not getting used to the size of my bike frame, it feels a little too big regardless of the shorter stem I fitted. It's forgiving on the steep stuff, but a little too long for the nimble stuff.

I guess next bike I'll be looking for a medium frame on the large spectrum.

15. Post
    ^ might be time to learn to endo!

16. Post
    I'm pretty much only on the front wheel in tight steep turns anyways lol.

17. Post
    In terms of brands/models of aluminium handlebars, are they all much the same assuming same dimensions/rise/sweep etc?

Looking at upgrading from my stock 15mm rise to 35/40mm rise.

18. Post
    Nah some have different sweep and rise.
    I prefer the 6 degree upsweep and 9 degree back sweep of Nukeproof bars.
    Most are a couple degrees less.
    You pretty much gotta try them out for a while to see if you suit them.

19. Post
    Ended up going with some Spank Spike Vibrocores. Will see how they ride next weekend.

20. Post
    Yeah would be good to see if just a gimmick.