Mountain Biking

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 5,551 to 5,575 of 5763

1. Post
    MoNk wrote:
    Maybe email YT [email protected] and see if they have any 2018 or 2019 stock in your size. Capra or Jeffsy. Both 27 or 29. They have great spec vs price.
    Good idea. I will give them an email now. Thank you.

2. Post
    AlDrag wrote:
    Good idea. I will give them an email now. Thank you.
    The NZ YT website is down at the moment, I presume to add 2020 bikes. You might get lucky like I did .

3. Post
    MoNk wrote:
    The NZ YT website is down at the moment, I presume to add 2020 bikes. You might get lucky like I did .
    You got a 2019 model?

4. Post
    I got the 2018 model in maybe August this year.
    This spec for $4399 posted.

I would call that an exceptional price though.

5. Post
    Wow, thats an exceptional deal! Well done there!

6. Post
    fatesjester wrote:
    Wow, thats an exceptional deal! Well done there!
    I set Google, trade-me, and web site monitoring alerts everywhere for like 3 months. My budget was 3k...

7. Post
    YT got back to me.
    They have the 29 Capra AL in concrete/gray (assuming 2019).
    Very tempting, but worried this is too much bike for my everyday riding. Reviews say it's a bit of a slog on the climbs. I'll do more research about it. The spec on it is sick as **** though.

8. Post
    AgrAde has a Capra. He'll know if it was a slog.

9. Post
    **** I'm exactly 6 foot tall. That puts me right in the middle of L and XL

10. Post
    AlDrag wrote:
    **** I'm exactly 6 foot tall. That puts me right in the middle of L and XL
    oh mate I know your pain, makes buying a real pain in the neck, especially with stuff you have to order in.

11. Post
    fatesjester wrote:
    oh mate I know your pain, makes buying a real pain in the neck, especially with stuff you have to order in.
    Heck yes.
    Looks like I'd suit a XL Capra.
    I demoed the large model of this https://whyte.bike/collections/s-150...oducts/s150crs and it has similar geometry sizing to the XL Capra. Oh well.

They're offering the 2019 Capra AL 29er in Large for $5000 in Christchurch shipped. Pretty sick deal for what you get.
    Last edited by AlDrag; 10th January 2020 at 6:38 pm.

12. Post
    MoNk wrote:
    AgrAde has a Capra. He'll know if it was a slog.
    *had

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

13. Post
    What’s he riding these days then?

14. Post
    Got a megneg for my new shock.. makes a world of difference. I must be the first one ever to run this shock and upgrade on a genius lol. A tiny tad larger it would rub against my frame, fits perfectly snug.

15. Post
    Do you have the twinlock on your genius? What do you think of it overall if so?

16. Post
    Not any longer. Ditched the front lock out straight away, kept the back lock out for a year and a bit, which was handy, But now with the new shock I don't really miss it.

17. Post
    So I got quotes for the Ripmo AF (Aluminium). These are 2 stores in Auckland.

1 store is selling the bike for $5899 with NX and $7750 with SLX.
    The other store is $6150 with NX and $7200 with SLX.

Not sure why the large price difference between the 2 stores. In US the SLX model is 4000 usd which is 6000 NZD. It's a shame NZ is so far away.

Its supposed to be an absolutely amazing bike and the best alrounder. But hard to justify SLX at that price.

18. Post
    ilikepie2 wrote:
    What’s he riding these days then?
    Testing a Craftworks ENR.

19. Post
    AstoriaParanoia wrote:
    Testing a Craftworks ENR.

I have no idea what that is haha will have to google, hey fate I know someone with the Scott e bike I think it’s pretty much a genius and they love it

20. Post
    If you want an all-rounder the Capra isn't it, though it does pedal fine in my opinion. Suspension doesn't move when climbing smooth stuff, so no energy is lost. It's not great on technical climbs though. It's right between a gnarly enduro bike and a freeride bike. It's great but it's not for everyone. I loved mine when I was also planning on buying a super short travel 29 for the longer pedally days, but I didn't, and sold the capra as well to buy a big van.

The Ripmo AF looks ****ing sick. I'd love to give one a go. Had a bit of a bounce around on the standard Ripmo and it already seemed super capable.

If I was looking at buying any bike right now it would either have 12sp Shimano, or I'd rip off whatever trash is on there and replace it with 12sp Shimano.

I see the ripmo comes with DVO suspension. Wob wob. Everyone I know with it has had nothing but problems.

I don't really have a bike of my own. I have an old Patrol frame but no fork for it. The Craftworks ENR is doing the job nicely for the moment.

21. Post
    AstoriaParanoia wrote:
    *had
    Typo

Mmm that Capra is cool, but sounds like it won't suit. shame he doesn't have a Jeffsy - but they are popular so sell quickly. I do see quite a few on trademe though (e.g. https://www.bidbud.co.nz/2484418985 and https://www.bidbud.co.nz/2479973911 right now)
    I see so many YT Tues on trademe. I'd love one to have a bash on but I would almost never use it. They look so cool.

22. Post
    MoNk wrote:
    Typo

Mmm that Capra is cool, but sounds like it won't suit. shame he doesn't have a Jeffsy - but they are popular so sell quickly. I do see quite a few on trademe though (e.g. https://www.bidbud.co.nz/2484418985 and https://www.bidbud.co.nz/2479973911 right now)
    I see so many YT Tues on trademe. I'd love one to have a bash on but I would almost never use it. They look so cool.
    YT got back to me and said they have a 2019 Jeffsy CF pro 27.5 in XL. However, compared to the Capra, the Jeffsy has more reach, thus I think I'm a Large size for the Jeffsy versus XL for the Capra. Not sure...

23. Post
    At 6' I probably wouldn't. That's a big bike.

24. Post
    AgrAde wrote:
    At 6' I probably wouldn't. That's a big bike.
    Agreed.

Also in regards to your DVO comment. A lot of people on the mountain bike subreddit are saying DVO is fantastic. I think that might be more towards their love of it being easily self serviceable supposedly.

Edit: And DVO is apparently very reliable.

25. Post
    Hopefully reliable for you then. Definitely hasn't proven to be in my riding circles.

/r/mtb is a slow motion train wreck. Probably the worst place to go for advice.