Mountain Biking

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 5762

  1. Post
    5min drive to porirua but other than that im about 30-40mins to the others

  2. Post
    CAP this morning to try out the new trails.
    Captain torpedo and drainpipe were both pretty cool. You can tell a lot of work has been put into them. Torpedo has a big drop out of nowhere which was pretty sketchy. Needs a sign.
    Had another run on Name this trail, which I did better at this time. The jumps are pretty hard for me.

  3. Post
    Eskdale is about 20mins from Napier

  4. Post
    MoNk wrote:
    CAP this morning to try out the new trails.
    Captain torpedo and drainpipe were both pretty cool. You can tell a lot of work has been put into them. Torpedo has a big drop out of nowhere which was pretty sketchy. Needs a sign.
    Had another run on Name this trail, which I did better at this time. The jumps are pretty hard for me.
    Drainpipe >>> Capt Torpedo
    I find the latter too tight and flat.

    Is that drop by the tree by the gross pond?
    Or that one mid-trail you just end up sending to flat?

    I can do the top half of the jump trail and that's it.

  5. Post
    I liked Drainpipe a lot more, but my friend thought it was a bit easy and preferred Torpedo. I can't remember exactly where the drop was, but it was up the top and I yelled F.
    Same with me on NTT. I'm much better in the top half, and then the jumps are just a little too big for me. Big drops into steep jumps freak me out too much .

  6. Post
    Bought a mates Evil Faction dirt jumper today. Very much looking forward to playing around with that.

  7. Post
    How much did that cost? Evil is the dream bike

  8. Post
    $600, he'd got fork serviced and wheel rebuilt where I work so I know its done. It's pretty slick. Will post up a pic tomorrow in the sun.

  9. Post
    Got my knee pads, a tad too small for me. Size L Raceface Ambush. I'll let them go here on GP for $100 inc post if anyone's keen. Brand new, never ridden in, just tried them on and walked around.

  10. Post
    I’m trying to find a shop that sells the ixs triggers so I can try them on, Ive picked up some fox defend pants, shorts and some random fox riding t shirt. Need to find a long sleeve top I like for winter while prices are low

  11. Post
    You saw all Fox gear is 40% off at t7 I hope.

  12. Post
    Sure did, had to pay abit more for the pants because T7 didn’t have my size even online so only got 20% off them.

  13. Post
    Good! I need some new gloves. Thinking flexair or ranger.

  14. Post
    I got some ranger gloves for christmas, nice and minimal.

  15. Post
    Demoing this beauty today.
    Already hate the dropper post though

    Name:  received_509972859724970.jpeg
Views: 92
Size:  349.9 KB

  16. Post
    Ohh nice, I went for a ride this morning but hade breakfast just before I left bad move felt soo shit only done 2 runs, on the second some guy cut me off when he saw/heard me coming I was flat out and couldn’t stop so bad to bail into the bush ffs

  17. Post
    ilikepie2 wrote:
    Ohh nice, I went for a ride this morning but hade breakfast just before I left bad move felt soo shit only done 2 runs, on the second some guy cut me off when he saw/heard me coming I was flat out and couldn’t stop so bad to bail into the bush ffs
    What did you eat? I can't have a big meal before any form of exercise otherwise I'm the same.
    I just two pieces of toast with peanut butter usually. Or a banana.

  18. Post
    So this is my first time trying full suspension. I'm definitely way faster than before with this.

    So today on the last downhill track (sort of like a downhill pump truck), for more than half of it I had someone behind me. I thought it might be my friend, but then when I finish the track and look behind me, it's a kid on a hardtail with about 100mm or less of travel. Jesus he schooled me haha. I need to get a lot better.

  19. Post
    Groms are stupid fast, wouldn't beat yourself up over it.

    Hopefully you had some fun though.

    Anyone have any strong opinions on a 2018 Cannondale Jekyll carbon 1?

  20. Post
    ilikepie2 wrote:
    Ohh nice, I went for a ride this morning but hade breakfast just before I left bad move felt soo shit only done 2 runs, on the second some guy cut me off when he saw/heard me coming I was flat out and couldn’t stop so bad to bail into the bush ffs
    Colonial on lower tumeke?

  21. Post
    Only a year away from finally getting the earthquake dump sites at Bottle Lake backhttps://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/ne...emolition-dump

    I hope the council makes some good intermediate tracks with those two 25m dump hills and doesn't just make them super beginner friendly speed wise.

  22. Post
    So the bike I tried yesterday had a Rockshox Pike with Charger Damper 2. It was nice and smooth on bog hits but on chatter is was rough. Is that normal for a Pike? It's highly probable I didn't have it tuned correctly or it was never serviced.

    I want to try a Lyrik or Fox 36 now though.

  23. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    Colonial on lower tumeke?
    Nah it was before lower, a bit further up the trail before it splits off. So frustrating
    Last edited by ilikepie2; 30th December 2019 at 6:58 pm.

  24. Post


    Jump bike with the old Deity Compounds off the Norco. Put a pair of blue Raceface Atlas' on there to match the Hope brakes.

  25. Post
    AlDrag wrote:
    So the bike I tried yesterday had a Rockshox Pike with Charger Damper 2. It was nice and smooth on bog hits but on chatter is was rough. Is that normal for a Pike? It's highly probable I didn't have it tuned correctly or it was never serviced.

    I want to try a Lyrik or Fox 36 now though.
    I found that with my brothers Pike, he sent it away 3 times to get tuned yet it always felt average.