Mountain Biking

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 5,626 to 5,650 of 5757

  1. Post

  2. Post
    Damn it! Haha.
    I better not change my mind again, although that bike is super slack! Really nice seat tube angle as well.

    The one you linked is aluminium so I assume quiet heavy?

  3. Post
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/the-ne...1-is-here.html

    Been on one for the last 6 months.

  4. Post
    AlDrag wrote:
    Damn it! Haha.
    I better not change my mind again, although that bike is super slack! Really nice seat tube angle as well.

    The one you linked is aluminium so I assume quiet heavy?
    I'm pretty sure that any bike at your price point will be alloy if it has a reasonable spec on it. If you're worried about climbing effort, then more important than weight is geometry. most modern trail in enduro bikes have steeper seat tube angles of around 77 degrees. That preserves a central position over the bike while you're climbing, which makes things a lot easier -even if you're carrying a bit more weight in the frame. Don't be scared off by alloy!

    If you want to get into geometry numbers and comparisons, check out this page
    https://geometrygeeks.bike/bike/norco-a1-sight-2020/

  5. Post
    AlDrag wrote:
    Hey thanks for the response.

    After all the differing opinions I've been getting and research, I agree. Your opinion helped me lock it in, so I'm gonna order this bike tomorrow https://whyte.bike/products/s-150c-rs-v2

    What bike was tempting at Crankworks ENR?
    Oops, autocorrect got me It's the Craftworks (ENR v1.1)

    If you've ridden that Whyte bike and love it, then hell yeah go for it man. It won't be outgunned on those trails.
    Last edited by capriv8; 21st January 2020 at 11:11 am.

  6. Post
    capriv8 wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that any bike at your price point will be alloy if it has a reasonable spec on it. If you're worried about climbing effort, then more important than weight is geometry. most modern trail in enduro bikes have steeper seat tube angles of around 77 degrees. That preserves a central position over the bike while you're climbing, which makes things a lot easier -even if you're carrying a bit more weight in the frame. Don't be scared off by alloy!

    If you want to get into geometry numbers and comparisons, check out this page
    https://geometrygeeks.bike/bike/norco-a1-sight-2020/
    I just locked in my purchase for the Whyte S-150crs V2
    Specs on it seem great to me, besides maybe the lackluster rear shock and wheels.

    Got it for $5439. Only negative is I have to wait for it to be shipped from Wanaka. Supposedly it's quite heavy for a Carbon bike.

    But you have a good point. Alloy is great. I'm less worried about scratching alloy as well.

    Do you guys use anything to protect carbon bikes? Invisiframe or something? Especially for shuttle runs.

  7. Post
    I got a frame skins kit to protect the vulnerable areas from stone chips but other than that nothing. Bikes got to have character haha

  8. Post
    Wow that's a sharp price. Was that the 2019 model? Or the newer one with Codes? I wrapped my bike in 3m pro series ppf wrap. This was the exact auction I won. It's latest brilliantly, and has only lifted in spots where it's taken a big impact.
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/1241814744

  9. Post
    capriv8 wrote:
    Wow that's a sharp price. Was that the 2019 model? Or the newer one with Codes? I wrapped my bike in 3m pro series ppf wrap. This was the exact auction I won. It's latest brilliantly, and has only lifted in spots where it's taken a big impact.
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/1241814744
    Newer model with codes Charger Damper 2.1 in the Pike as well, might still require a tune for me though.

    Nice solution. I will see if I can find any thanks.

    - - - Updated - - -

    JstaR wrote:
    I got a frame skins kit to protect the vulnerable areas from stone chips but other than that nothing. Bikes got to have character haha
    Is that the Lizard skins product?

  10. Post
    Name:  wtfbike.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  542.8 KB

    Lol. This thing is excellent.

  11. Post
    AgrAde wrote:
    Name:  wtfbike.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  542.8 KB

    Lol. This thing is excellent.
    Jesus! How does it ride?

    So is that like having a super slack bike with a negative fork offset?

  12. Post
    Head angle is still head angle no matter what fork is bolted onto it.

  13. Post

  14. Post
    That looks awesome

  15. Post
    AlDrag wrote:
    Is that the Lizard skins product?
    https://frameskin.com.au/

    That's where I got mine from. This is 3 years ago though. They may have updated to different stuff.

  16. Post
    New bike has arrived at work, hopefully get one of the fellas to build it up for me today so its ready to ride Saturday evening.

    Need to suss some frame protection as well. Sounds like the scuff tape from repco is the way to go for locally sourced stuff. No idea how much a pain in the ass its gonna be to install though.

  17. Post
    JstaR wrote:
    https://frameskin.com.au/

    That's where I got mine from. This is 3 years ago though. They may have updated to different stuff.
    Seems to be similar priced tk invisiframe (I think).

  18. Post
    fatesjester wrote:
    New bike has arrived at work, hopefully get one of the fellas to build it up for me today so its ready to ride Saturday evening.

    Need to suss some frame protection as well. Sounds like the scuff tape from repco is the way to go for locally sourced stuff. No idea how much a pain in the ass its gonna be to install though.
    Couldn't scuff tape be a pain to remove later?

  19. Post
    The 3M stuff that capriv8 recommended earlier comes off clean as could be. Which is apparently what Repco has or something similar.
    Last edited by fatesjester; 23rd January 2020 at 3:04 pm.

  20. Post
    fatesjester wrote:
    The 3M stuff that capriv8 recommended earlier comes off clean as could be. Which is apparently what Repco has or something similar.
    Repco doesn't seem to have it on their site, but I will check in store.

  21. Post
    AlDrag wrote:
    Repco doesn't seem to have it on their site, but I will check in store.
    Was recommended to check there by Scooterazi in Wellington, saw a Facebook post by Bryn Dickinson suggesting to try there.

    Let me know how you go, otherwise I'll have to stump up for that All Mountain Style stuff

  22. Post
    I just use the stuff capriv8 recommenced haven’t had any issues with it in 2 years on the bike. Think it was about $80

  23. Post
    Are tapes with strong adhesives safe for the paint on the frame when it comes to removal a year later?

    Something like this? https://www.mitre10.co.nz/shop/scotc...clear/p/106980

  24. Post
    Duct tape is gonna be a nightmare to get off clean, and I wouldn't be too keen to test it on a bike frame for this use as well.

  25. Post
    fatesjester wrote:
    Duct tape is gonna be a nightmare to get off clean, and I wouldn't be too keen to test it on a bike frame for this use as well.
    What kind of tapes should I look for then specifically?