1. Arrow

Review: Pokemon Black & White

Review by James Burnett;

It’s been a long time since a Pokémon game has come on the scene with any real level of anticipation from fan-sites.

The last iteration of the insanely popular franchise was a remake, and the Diamond/Pearl generation before that was released over four years ago. So, here we are. Faced with a new adventure and 156 new pocket monsters to battle, evolve and capture in mysterious balls.
    Read more.

2. Post
    Looks as unimproved as always, the same old game with a couple new pokemon.. oh yay how fun, they need to remake the battlesystem. Todays day and age we don't need games with a stall picture on the screen that hardly moves with some cheap effects for attacks

3. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    Looks as unimproved as always, the same old game with a couple new pokemon.. oh yay how fun, they need to remake the battlesystem. Todays day and age we don't need games with a stall picture on the screen that hardly moves with some cheap effects for attacks
    I mean.. They kinda tried here, it just doesn't feel like they really meant it. FWIW, it's the biggest advance they've made in battling since RBYG...

4. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    But I totally agree that the dated old sprite animation needs to go!

5. Post
    Pokemon MMO would be amazing.

Keeping Pokemon to the handheld, Keeps it back from making amazing leaps.

6. Post
    Keeping it to the Handheld is the entire point. I don't see how the series could maintain it's popularity if it was console / pc based.

7. Post
    Ideal Pokemon game: runs on your phone, randomly translates sections of the real world (maybe in 3km^2 blocks) into different sections of long grass. Whenever you're walking around, your phone will jangle and OH MY, you can catch a Pokemon! Walk near other trainers and much like Grindr, your phone will jangle and you can battle.

Would be super-sweet.

8. Post
    frio wrote:
    Ideal Pokemon game: runs on your phone, randomly translates sections of the real world (maybe in 3km^2 blocks) into different sections of long grass. Whenever you're walking around, your phone will jangle and OH MY, you can catch a Pokemon! Walk near other trainers and much like Grindr, your phone will jangle and you can battle.

Would be super-sweet.
    Haha, that would actually be pretty sweet

9. Post
    frio wrote:

Would be super-sweet.
    Get your ****ing code on!

10. Post
    I saw that idea on the 3DS or NGP video

11. Post
    Whoever makes that idea will be rolling in the millions. So awesome

12. Post
    Ideal pokemon game would be on a PS3 and would be bloody as hell. Pokemon would die if they got beaten. Team Rocket would basically be the Gestapo and would go around killing innocent civilians. Ash has a grudge with Gary because he raped his mother. His one goal in life is to collect as many pokemon as possible so he can kill Gary. Little does Ash know that Professor Oak secretly had an affair with his mother years ago and that Gary is in fact his half-brother.

13. Post
    Murakami wrote:
    Ideal pokemon game would be on a PS3 and would be bloody as hell. Pokemon would die if they got beaten. Team Rocket would basically be the Gestapo and would go around killing innocent civilians. Ash has a grudge with Gary because he raped his mother. His one goal in life is to collect as many pokemon as possible so he can kill Gary. Little does Ash know that Professor Oak secretly had an affair with his mother years ago and that Gary is in fact his half-brother.
    Epic. Dark. Gritty. Win.

14. Post
    lols

15. Post
    frio wrote:

Would be super-sweet.
    Heard of this before.

For Android or something I'm pretty sure, remember someone being like "Oh and you walk around and if you're near a 7-up shop, it turns it into a pokecenter/mart and you randomly fight pokemon as you walk around".

Google it

16. Post
    It would be a pretty simple thing to do, all the technology is there and you just need to mix it with newer augmented reality,

As said above, games already have the whole "vibrate" when close to someone else, these have been around for about 7 years now...