Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Arrow

News: Mortal Kombat rated R18 in New Zealand

Mortal Kombat has today received a rating of R18: Graphic Violence in New Zealand, ensuring that the game will be released here.
    Read more

2. Post

3. Post
    exis wrote:
    something we can agree on

4. Post
    Well deserved. Some of the fatalities even make me cringe

5. Post
    I'm in gaming hiatus atm, haven't bought anything since Dec, haven't played anything since Jan, but I am really really tempted to get the tourny edition of this with the stick. Somebody stop me!

6. Post
    agree. saw the trailer or footage where he uppercuts him i think. it then goes into xray, and shows his skull cracking inside. honestly gruesome

7. Post

8. Post
    Wow that vid.. Good luck with that Australia.

9. Post
    Kung laus is stil the most lol

10. Post
    t0mby wrote:
    Somebody stop me!
    Sorry t0mby ..... not gonna happen ... you NEED this game.

11. Post
    this video here: watch 720p. its all the xray fatalities

12. Post
    How do I get this game in Australia ? Not keen on piracy but yeah... if it comes down to it...

13. Post
    refused wrote:
    How do I get this game in Australia ? Not keen on piracy but yeah... if it comes down to it...
    import. get someone on GP to buy it for you and send it over.

14. Post
    haha awesome, up to MK9 ? crazy.

15. Post
    Did Saw 3D come out in Australia?

16. Post
    Bt wrote:
    Yeah but they have an R18+ classification for movies

17. Post
    Bt wrote:
    Games ratings are separate from other media. It's only games that caps out at MA15+, something that adds insult to injury for Aussie gamers.

18. Post
    That's because Aussies have a mental age of 15.

19. Post
    Midi wrote:
    Games ratings are separate from other media. It's only games that caps out at MA15+, something that adds insult to injury for Aussie gamers.
    Yeah, I know. I just find it odd that they can release something like Saw 3D which was disgustingly graphic yet games that aren't even real people being maimed are given the short end.

20. Post
    Bt wrote:
    Yeah, I know. I just find it odd that they can release something like Saw 3D which was disgustingly graphic yet games that aren't even real people being maimed are given the short end.
    It's something to do with the games being interactive. I dunno, it's a pretty archaic system.

21. Post
    news?

bout as threadworthy as telling us that it's going to be windy tomorrow in wellington =p

22. Post
    clelcaz wrote:
    import. get someone on GP to buy it for you and send it over.
    Wouldn't Australian customs seize it when it arrives in the country?

23. Post
    Put it in a different case?

24. Post
    l33t k1w1 wrote:
    Wouldn't Australian customs seize it when it arrives in the country?
    **** knows I would if I was a customs official working in Australia.

To help preserve the law, obviously.

25. Post
    t0mby wrote:
    It's something to do with the games being interactive. I dunno, it's a pretty archaic system.
    If you want to be cynical, it's about politicking. AU State Attorneys have very few items with which the can draw national attention to their platform. This is one of them.