Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Arrow
    Ubisoft has today announced further details around its upcoming sequel Call of Juarez: The Cartel, due for release mid-2011.

The Cartel seeks to transpose the themes of the Wild West to a modern setting but “as with past Call of Juarez games, Call of Juarez: The Cartel is from inception to execution, a Western shooter,” writes Ubisoft.
    Read more

Ubisoft has also released nine new screenshots of the game.

See them here

2. Post
    :S looks like a 50cent ps3 game for some reason lol

After playing red dead, this game is bawls, but looks like fun shoot em up western, just with uzi's and 50cal snipers.

3. Post
    Thanks for glamourising cartel violence and trivialising the ruination of a nation Ubisoft. You're no better than those ****ing assholes who sing narcocorridos and glorify these scumbags.

Boycott.

4. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    Thanks for glamourising cartel violence and trivialising the ruination of a nation Ubisoft. You're no better than those ****ing assholes who sing narcocorridos and glorify these scumbags.

Boycott.
    Any excuse to show you're 1/16 mexican..

5. Post
    Tbh, it's kinda true. developers can be pretty insensitive; look at EA and the "Your mum hates Dead Space 2" campaign happening at the same time as the Supreme Court decision was going on. or the recent MOH; there's an argument that making a michael bay-eque FPS doesn't show respect to those who are dying in the current conflict.

I mean, plenty of games have treated their source material with respect - and the CoJuarez games have done so pretty well - but at the end of the day, you're making a game about a subject that's having a big effect on the lives of many Mexicans, and some people don't agree with that.

6. Post
    So a game involving Mexican cartels isn't okay, but games that involve terrorism in other nations, including the countless games set in the Middle East are all fine, no problem with that?

Yeah nah.

7. Post
    Oh hey, i know you IRL, we need to meet up sometime - dealing with the middle east didn't say that at all - cod4 hardly had a positive outcome when you invaded an middle eastern country. MW2 was ridiculously stupid for a bunch of other reasons, and I mentioned that MoH had controversy associated with it in my post.

edit: /fail, just assumed it was directed at me haha

8. Post
    Actually it was directed at an earlier post, should have clicked reply.

MY BAD.

9. Post
    This is what we need, more games that are not related to our real world in anyway.

Where have all the creative design and writing games gone? Someone needs to make a game in a new environment that is not desert/jungle/spaceship type environments.......

10. Post
    Who gives a shit about the setting. I can't see any lever action rifles in any of those screenshots, and as such I am severely disappointed.

11. Post
    If we all went by Tormenta's train of thinking hardly any FPS's would be out there, at least ones that relate to things that are/have happened in the world.

12. Post
    If NZ was wracked by drug cartel violence with people being kidnapped, tortured and murdered and neighbourhoods shot up on a daily basis and Ubisoft made a game about it, I imagine you'd all be against it as well.

13. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    If NZ was wracked by drug cartel violence with people being kidnapped, tortured and murdered and neighbourhoods shot up on a daily basis and Ubisoft made a game about it, I imagine you'd all be against it as well.
    Depends if Ubisoft went back to that shitty DRM of theirs or not.

14. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    Not really....... we would prob moan about it if some random media outlet started up and tried to make an issue out of it, otherwise most would turn a blind eye.

I would love nothing more then have a south auckland shoot em up where young wanabe gang members roam the streets.

15. Post
    lol @ tormenta

16. Post
    nzkfc wrote:
    Not really....... we would prob moan about it if some random media outlet started up and tried to make an issue out of it, otherwise most would turn a blind eye.

I would love nothing more then have a south auckland shoot em up where young wanabe gang members roam the streets.
    You can't compare South Auckland wannabe gang members to what's been going on in Mexico for the past six years.

17. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    You can't compare South Auckland wannabe gang members to what's been going on in Mexico for the past six years.
    Exactly, which is why I don't care what is happening over these, thus no reason for me the fret over this game when playing it because I won't be thinking "Oh this reminds me of the people in mexico" I will be thinking "Lulz epic just killed a hooker with a bar stool and finished the pimp off with my uzi, give me my money back hoe" as I walk back out to my ride yo.......

18. Post
    Meanwhile, in other news...

A 20-year-old woman who made international headlines when she accepted the job as police chief in a violent Mexican border town has been fired for apparently abandoning her post after receiving death threats.

Marisol Valles Garcia was granted a leave of absence from March 2 to 7 to travel to the United States for personal matters but failed to return to Praxedis G. Guerrero as agreed, city officials said in a statement.

Valles Garcia was named police chief of Praxedis G. Guerrero in October. The town had been without a police chief since her predecessor was shot to death in July 2009.

Drug violence has transformed the township of about 8500 people from a string of quiet farming communities into a lawless no man's land.

Two rival gangs - the Juarez and Sinaloa drug cartels - are battling over control of its single highway, a lucrative drug-trafficking route along the Texas border.
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/america...-death-threats

19. Post
    Egor wrote:
    Meanwhile, in other news...
    Two rival gangs - the Juarez and Sinaloa drug cartels - are battling over control of its single highway, a lucrative drug-trafficking route along the Texas border.
    Ouch. of course, no one will kick up a fuss because it's just mexicans, not like the 'Taliban' killing americans, right?

20. Post
    I'm pretty sure I recall her not wanting the police force to use guns, which seems a little foolhardy.

Don't quote me on that though.

21. Post
    I think for the citizens of Juarez and Mexicans in general, the last thing they need is for a generation of little Xbox owning Mexicans being encouraged further to emulate the shitstains that are destroying their cities and nation. I mean, there's gotta be the option to play as the cartel members right? Not just the DEA or whatever?

22. Post
    Can't wait to play this and wipe Mexico off the map

23. Post
    There is definitely some double standards going down here. It's not okay to play as Taliban but it's fine to play as drug-lords? If anything this is probably worse than the whole MoH debacle. Thousands of Mexicans have been killed in the ongoing drug war, which is largely being driven by Americans who a) buy most of the drugs the gangs are selling; and b) supply most of the guns being used.

24. Post
    Yes the US is the biggest drugs consumer in the world so they're directly to blame for the Mexican holocaust. Don't forget the human trafficking aspect as well Murakami, ooh it would be so much fun to play a game where you could smuggle some poor Central Americans over the border or perhaps massacre them instead

25. Post
    Breaking Bad: Modern Western