1. Arrow

Review: Crysis 2

Review by Gameplanet Staff;

IT'S PRETTY EASY TO be intimidated by the prospect of a sequel to Crysis.

For many, Crysis still represents a kind of gaming Everest, a graphical mountain that can only be scaled through concentrated and enthusiastic investment in top-end computer hardware. Whilst three years of technological process has tempered the hardware requirements necessary to run everything at maximum settings, many gamers might pause to reflect exactly what costs they're prepared to wear in order to chase the dragon once more.

They needn't be concerned. Crysis 2 is nowhere near the technological tour-de-force for the PC platform that courted such controversy in 2007. Similarly, the campaign lacks the punch and originality of the first, switching as it has from a small island in the Pacific to the modern metropolis of New York.
    Read more

2. Post
    Lol'D "At one stage, a soldier became stuck in a loop and changed from a crouched position to an upright one constantly every second or so, as if he were a mentally challenged meerkat."

3. Post
    Yes I have experienced all these issues on the ps3 version. It really makes you wonder what this new engine is capable of because it doesn't really show it that much in Crysis 2. Will see what the modding community delivers to the GIMPED PC version.

4. Post
    PRiME wrote:
    Yes I have experienced all these issues on the ps3 version. It really makes you wonder what this new engine is capable of because it doesn't really show it that much in Crysis 2. Will see what the modding community delivers to the GIMPED PC version.
    I'm hoping that it's just the game that's held back rather than the engine. All the videos about the engine from before the game stuff looked amazing

5. Post
    I found it quite disappointing there is little to no character development... and yeah the AI sucks

6. Post
    Crappy AI, ah man! What would gamers rather play a game that didn't look as pretty but had good AI or a pretty game with crappy AI.

Give me good AI please!

7. Post
    so is this worth getting or is it better off waiting until it it hits the bargain bin?

8. Post
    On the same hardware that got 26FPS in the first crysis maxed out, Crysis 2 runs beautifully on the same settings. Crysis 2 uses it's environment well, it looks very pretty despite confining itself to a city environment. Gameplay is enhanced too, more enjoyable than the first. Story is poor though, and the AI is pretty terribad. Not a bad game though

9. Post
    The PC version's SP whoops console's ass if you have the card to play it. Plus it uses exact same config has the 360 controller....if u attach your controller it's even more fun to play with vibration! Ps3 version has overall better looks and has framerate. x360 version looks cleaner....where the framerate sucks in SP while fine in MP.

Oh well I got all 3....love the game on all 3

10. Post
    PsyEd wrote:
    You must have a lot of money

11. Post
    Sooooo is it moree enjoyable than the first?

12. Post
    PsyEd wrote:
    The PC version's SP whoops console's ass if you have the card to play it. Plus it uses exact same config has the 360 controller....if u attach your controller it's even more fun to play with vibration! Ps3 version has overall better looks and has framerate. x360 version looks cleaner....where the framerate sucks in SP while fine in MP.

Wtf would you get it on all 3 for..?

And the framerate is shit on PS3..

13. Post
    More money than sense I guess

14. Post
    Rungus wrote:

I want to know the answer to this as well. Seems utterly pointless to me. Redundant and maybe even a bit poserish,

15. Post
    Rungus wrote:

Ps3 is the one with the better framerate when you compare it to the 360 version. Run it 720p not 1080p. Less pop-up's of textures than 360 and also has better god-rays or smudged light thingee. Also if your TV supports those tru-motion or whatever puts the refresh rate to 100hz+ then Ps3's one gets even better as the vysnc helps to make it smoother than the jerky 360 version. Not to mention Ps3 has 7.1 surround sound support which is very well implemented.

And I bought the PC version. Saw the local aus JB Hifi doing 3 for 1 free deal...got rid of shitty old games on both platforms. I think I got few games on all 3 platforms this way.

16. Post
    ExterminatorJef wrote:
    You must have a lot of money
    no just retarded.

17. Post
    Had more fun playing Bulletstorm so far. Keep getting bored with the game play of Crysis 2 I need to go have a GP break after 20 minutes.

18. Post
    Yeah I got bored by the third level.

Plus, where are the advanced graphics options? I could only find a setting to change between high, very high, and extreme :/

19. Post
    Apparently coming with DX11 patch.

20. Post
    First new game I've swapped out for something older, normally a new game disc (presuming it isn't Steam/PSN based) doesn't leave my drive until it's finished.

It's not bad but visually it ain't that great in comparison to some other PS3 titles. I've also played the PC demo and that wasn't much to rave about either. Gameplay is pretty standard fair so far too, like the movement on the character but other than that I think I'm going to have as hard a time finishing this as I have done Crysis.

[edit]

Quickest flip I've done for awhile but once I got over the low res PS3 version and past a bit of the set up it ain't that bad as a game, it's pretty typical but does have some truly nice moments. I'm actually enjoying it for what it is rather than what I expected it to be I guess.